Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2018, 07:28 PM

I took an adult swim class when I was about 16. Everyone else was a lot older. Well, it seemed like it at the time. They were probably about my age now, LOL. I felt really out of place. That was probably close to the time I fell in love with speedos, but didn't own any yet. No one in the class wore any.

I've never been a great swimmer, but good enough to get by.
Old 04-01-2018, 03:14 PM

Default Why do fathers automatically think their sons will swim if they throw them in?

I have ttaught so many boys and men who have bad experiences learning to swim.

The most common is the ones when dad thinks if you throw the kid in from dock or the boat that they will swim. What logic?????

Last edited by Mollyk : 04-01-2018 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyk
I have told so many boys and men who have bad experiences learning to swim.

The most common is the ones when dad thinks if you throw the kid in from dock or the boat that they will swim. What logic?????

Probably would result in the kid being terrified of the water!
Old 06-07-2018, 08:18 AM

Default Wear a float vest or float belt if you can't swim

If you are a poor swimmer or non-swimmer and you will be at the pool or the beach or the swimming hole this summer-----wear a float vest or float belt and keep yourself safe.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:33 AM
Speedo Member

My dad taught me, when I was six
Old 06-09-2018, 12:41 PM

Smile

That is so cool to have a dad teach his son to swim. So often fathers are so busy that this job is left to a mother. Dad teaching his boy is a great role model for safety and personal fitness.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:36 PM

While on a camping trip when I was 5 years old, my dad tried to teach me to swim in a lake that couldn’t have been more than 50 degrees. Total failure! That was the only time he tried.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:30 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lap Counter
While on a camping trip when I was 5 years old, my dad tried to teach me to swim in a lake that couldn’t have been more than 50 degrees. Total failure! That was the only time he tried.

I was lucky enough to have a father who was always supportive & ready to dedicate his time to me.
By the way I wasn't that young, but I must have been 12 or 13 when I went to a lake that was in the mountain that was also somewhere around 50-55 degrees, ruins the look of your bulge in speedos xD
Old 11-13-2018, 11:16 AM

Default So Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterPolo
Grew up in small town and during the summer the only group running swimmng lessons was the Girl Guides.

So me and three other guys found ourselves at swimming lessons run by and primarily for Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.

For first while was pretty intimidating as the girls were a lot taller than me and many of them were already swimmers. Some of the girls made fun of the few boys and others loved that the swim classes were mixed with guys.

But that lake was cold as I recalled in late June and July.

That is so cool of a story.

Are you a good swimmer?

Did they change the lessons for boys?
Old 04-28-2019, 02:48 PM

Default Such a wonderful story

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimForHealth
I was about 11 and the girl who lived down the street who worked a lifeguard offered to teach me at their home pool.

I was so shy around this girl. I was also so scared of the water. She made me climb down the ladder and ease my self into the water. First lesson I put my face in the water, blew bubbles and she tried to get me to float on my back.

After my lesson she seated me on the side of the pool and I watched her do a lot of super dives into the pool.

She was on the high school swim team and synchronized swim team squad.

Her sister who was my age was teasing me about learning to swim at 11 when they learned at 3.

I remember I was wearing the baggiest trunks ever that I was continually tying up.

Watching those girls do those fancy dives made me want to learn even more and after one or two lessons I wasn't scared of the water any more.
That is touching story about overcoming fear of the water. I would think the teasing was hard to put up with.