Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2015, 01:54 AM

Question

50 free,

Where is Poirier Pool? Is it in the states?

D67
Old 03-27-2015, 03:02 AM

Near Vancouver, BC. Where there is a fantastic rec center in every neighborhood. Finest aquatic centers I've ever seen, a dozen within half an hour of my hotel. i love it here.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:56 PM

Well last night's swim at City Center Aquatics was very nice, it was very crowded in the leisure lanes and hot tub. The five lap swim lanes only had about three to four swimmers each except the fastest one which was just myself and another fellow.
As the pool is a 50 meter with a center bulkhead dividing a 25 yard shallow pool from the deep end, that left room for a water polo game going on, it seemed to be a big deal. There were a lot of spectators on deck all around it.
As for Speedo count there was myself and the guy I swam with, another in the next lane, and an older fellow with a huge gut waddling around. Not a pretty picture. Otherwise there was all the water polo players of course.
As for non swimmers and kiddie pool waders and hot tubbers there must have been a hundred of them in the standard board shorts which really don't hide the fact that most of the wearers are in no better shape than old Mr. Not Pretty Picture, lol.
I had no complaints of indecency directed at me, the lifeguards did not once blow the whistle at me and order me to put on something more appropriate. So I conclude this report by saying that particular public swimming location is Speedo friendly, just like every other pool I have ever been to.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:56 PM

Well last night's swim at City Center Aquatics was very nice, it was very crowded in the leisure lanes and hot tub. The five lap swim lanes only had about three to four swimmers each except the fastest one which was just myself and another fellow.
As the pool is a 50 meter with a center bulkhead dividing a 25 yard shallow pool from the deep end, that left room for a water polo game going on, it seemed to be a big deal. There were a lot of spectators on deck all around it.
As for Speedo count there was myself and the guy I swam with, another in the next lane, and an older fellow with a huge gut waddling around. Not a pretty picture. Otherwise there was all the water polo players of course.
As for non swimmers and kiddie pool waders and hot tubbers there must have been a hundred of them in the standard board shorts which really don't hide the fact that most of the wearers are in no better shape than old Mr. Not Pretty Picture, lol.
I had no complaints of indecency directed at me, the lifeguards did not once blow the whistle at me and order me to put on something more appropriate. So I conclude this report by saying that particular public swimming location is Speedo friendly, just like every other pool I have ever been to.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:38 PM

Talking

I guess you really liked the experience last night since it got posted twice...lol

D67
Old 03-27-2015, 07:25 PM

Well i know this is the speedo board but my last swim was in a neck to knee racer back suit and had no issues with other swimmers or pool staff.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentaiskeleton
Well i know this is the speedo board but my last swim was in a neck to knee racer back suit and had no issues with other swimmers or pool staff.

I've been reading the onepieceswim forums recently and don't understand the fear of swimming in a neck-to-knee suit...it's basically a triathlon suit (trisuit). There should be NO stigma attached to it.

As far as wearing a woman's one-piece...that I don't think I could pull off where I live now. Maybe if I changed pools and told them it was to cover my scars...I dunno. But I've been swimming in a 2" Aussiebum at my regular pool, so can't really use that excuse here. :P
Old 03-27-2015, 09:45 PM

You're probably more likely to get reprimanded for not wearing a brief (or "speedo") than for wearing one while swimming laps. Many European pools forbid shorts. In North America, the only time I've heard about people getting in trouble are when they wear something that is obviously meant to be provocative, like an unlined white suit that turns transparent when it's wet, they act inappropriately, or they go somewhere that expressly forbibs briefs (and often bikinis for women).

There are incidents, like this one, where people get in trouble and claim that an establishment is being sexist, but there's usually more to the story. In the previous link, those look like shorts, not a swimsuit, and probably turned see through.

There are cases where people are asked to change for no legitimate reason, but these seem to be rare.

poolsign.jpg
Old 03-27-2015, 10:05 PM

They were not speedos.
They looked like cotton underwear the way they are constructed although they had some kind of draw cord.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:58 PM

Talking

Maybe he was kicked out for bad taste because whatever it is, swimsuit or cotton underwear, it's ugly...lol

D67