Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2018, 11:05 AM

Default Speedo Shopping

This doesn't happen very often because speedos are not easy to find at a brick and mortar store, but when I see them hanging on a rack, you can't help but glide your hands over those dangling speedos. I wish I could find a swimsuit shop that carried an array of speedos. I know I can buy online, but it's a whole different experience seeing them hanging on a rack. Love that.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:51 PM

always feel the same way.

always check the sports section for the small amount of briefs/speedos they have.

if you go to the village/gay district of any large city, there will usually be a shop that has a large selection of speedos.

in Toronto we have "out on the street"
http://outonthestreet.ca/
Old 03-28-2018, 05:53 PM

I don't get the association between nudity and gay sexuality.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:01 PM

Before the coming of the sportswear chains sports shops were run by local people who stocked what they thought they could sell. The men's swimwear rail was like a sweet shop with a big variety of designs, colours and patterns.
The sportswear chains held low stocks and reduced choice reducing options to black or navy Speedos. Once you owned a pair of black or navy Speedos there was nowhere else to go.

The naturist beaches attracted families with children as well as single men, the families would occupy the main part of a naturist beach, straight single men would find spots among them while gay single men would find there own space at the ends of the beach. With the coming of child abuse reporting phone lines most of the naturist families disappeared in the UK and US, the naturist beaches now being maintained by str8 and gay single men. This is the connection between nudity and gay men.

Many of the gay men that went to naturist beaches didn't want to be naked but wanted briefer and more colourful swimwear than was available in the chain stores. A market for mail order "extreme" swimwear developed that has since gone online. Although straight men also bought briefer and more colourful swim briefs while the majority of men and boys wore larger and baggier shorts declaring that the briefs were a gay thing.

Last edited by Torchwatch : 03-28-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:24 PM
Speedo Member

Default Bigger than Speedos

I live in the Northeast, and this problem of "Speedos are gay" is just the tip of the iceberg. In my area, it is more normal to be obese than it is to be healthy. These men pretend to revel in their shared obesity. Going to the gym, worrying about your physique, or being healthy are considered the antithesis of masculinity.

However, it is easy to see through their shared delusions. Because the media they enjoy, the movies and sports they watch, are full of fit, healthy men in skin tight Lycra, often as superheroes. They wish they could feel comfortable in revealing garments, they just know they would look ridiculous, so they try to malign the whole Endeavor as gay.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735

From my perspective, nudity/speedos are just a form of erotic expression that are not directed toward any particular sexuality.

However, any piece of clothing (like tight jeans and T-shirts) can be perceived as fetish wear and an aphrodisiac for what ever sexual behavior they are inclined to engage in.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:49 PM

I recall back in the mid80's, early 90's the TopMan chain sold an extremely brief mens bikini; don't think they were more than about 1cm wide and came in all colours, black, white, neon green/yellow/pink, red. They were hanging in open view and I remember buying a couple of pairs, white and blue from memory and was a bit nervous taking them to the checkout in case there was the 'gay' thing but it was a young female who served me and made no comment. Even wore them to the local pool a couple of times, nervously but no issues.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735

Agreed. Tired of it already.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolspeedo
I recall back in the mid80's, early 90's the TopMan chain sold an extremely brief mens bikini; don't think they were more than about 1cm wide and came in all colours, black, white, neon green/yellow/pink, red. They were hanging in open view and I remember buying a couple of pairs, white and blue from memory and was a bit nervous taking them to the checkout in case there was the 'gay' thing but it was a young female who served me and made no comment. Even wore them to the local pool a couple of times, nervously but no issues.

Yea Speedos were normal attire for guys back then. After Air Force basic training, I went to tech school in Biloxi in July of 1987. We had class from 6 am to noon, followed by a 'study' period when everyone took a nap for a couple hours after lunch. Then everyone met to learn that P.E. was cancelled due to extreme heat, followed by everyone going to the pool. At least 75% of the guys were wearing speedos. It was awesome!
Old 05-02-2018, 10:20 AM

Yes, most definitely tired of the gay stereotype associated with speedos. Why would it be gay to show your masculinity?? I'm not wearing a speedo to show off my goods to gay men, but apparently that's why they're considered gay I guess. Guys who swim competitively or Olympic swimmers aren't considered gay so why would a guy who wears them to the pool or beach be any different?

If anyone question why you wear them, then they haven't tried them. If any woman tried wearing sloppy board shorts for a day, they would understand. The same with any guy, once you go speedo, you can't go back. Before I wore speedos on a regular basis, I remember seeing those old guys at the beach wearing them wondering why they still did. Now I get it, no matter how you look, they're just SO much better than shorts.