Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Lycra Forums > General Mens Lycra Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2021, 03:44 PM

Default Singlets, singlets...

I like a snug-fitting singlet (no surprise there!). The Asics I wear are size US SM. The problem I have is that when I get the size that fits snug, the straps can become difficult to get over my shoulders. Perhaps part of this is due to the fact that I do a lot of stationary rowing as daily exercise.

But, in the case of the Asics I am able to get the straps over my shoulders without a lot of difficulty. The Asics brand has a fairly low cut front neckline and, as a consequence the straps are quite long and therefore stretch a lot.

The Red Russell singlet I have is another matter entirely. I ordered that in a US MED thinking that larger size might help getting the straps over my shoulders. The lower part fits less snug than the Asics as a consequence. But the front neckline is cut much higher and the straps are a good deal shorter, and with less stretch. They are a pain to get over my shoulders and even more of a pain to get out of. And overall the singlet lacks the sung fit the Asics has.

At Christmastime I ordered a blue Elite Sports strap in MED. The neckline is higher than the Asics and but lower than the Russell. The straps are in between the two as well. This is easier to get in and out of than the Russell but more difficult than the SM Asics brand. As singlet fun goes I still prefer the snug-fitting Asics brand for various reasons I won’t go into here.

A related topic is what to wear under the singlet. Interestingly these work well over compression tights and even a long-sleeved compression shirt. The singlets are actually easier to get on and off when the compression material is underneath.

Since I do a lot of stationary rowing and biking I am always looking for gear that makes the time for my workouts fly. This fits the bill. Given that my bottom gets a lot of wear and tear on the exercise equipment I use, I continue to use an undersized pair of tighty whiteys as the first layer. Then maybe a strap over that (with cup or not depending on my “mood” that day). The compression gear goes over that and finally the singlet. Between two different rowing machines, a stationary bike plus my weight machine I get a nearly 2-hour long workout every day. I am not sure I would be able to keep this up at this pace without all my gear I enjoy wearing so much. I am always in search of different ideas for gear that works when I am exercising. After all, I am 73 years old….
Old 10-19-2021, 07:17 AM
Speedo Member

I prefer the speedo as well and lyrca as well.