Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2016, 06:46 PM
Speedo Member

Swam today 2000m in my AB Classic 1.5 royal blue. Outdoor 50m pool, and the water not cold at all. It was like being naked, magic of 100% nylon suit !
Compared to my turbo suits I wear when I swim with my team, it is much more comfortable ! However I don't know the durability of 100% nylon suits when swimming regularly in chlorinated water ...I only used it a few times. I will see in the next weeks... Any feedbacks on the question ?
Old 12-05-2016, 10:03 PM

Default More transparent

I have about 100 miles on one of my Caussies and they are getting a little "baggy" in the butt and a little less opaque-also navy turning silver! 100% nylon is great!
Old 12-07-2016, 09:17 PM

Woke up feeling rough this morning and not up to early morning lane swimming, so went back to bed. I am on holiday all week so no problem.
Found there was evening adult only lane swimming in another pool in town, haven't been to that pool since before the London Olympics in 2012 when this sports centre was upgraded to become a training camp, they had new running track built and the pool and gyms were improved.
Swam 2500m in my light blue fake Aussibum Lycra swim briefs. Was swimming better towards the end than at the beginning of the swim. I was the only swimmer there in briefs, there were a few in square cuts, more in jammers and some in short shorts. Although I was swimming distance I can usually keep up with or overtake swimmers in short or long shorts, especially when I'm doing front crawl.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:26 PM

Swam 1250m in my light blue fake Aussibums. Concentrating on correct leg kick so taking rests between sets.
Joined the afternoon swimming session, got talking to another speedo swimmer and his wife, they can't find coloured or patterned swim briefs in the local shops and are forced to wear the limited choice of black or navy they can find. I suggested searching on the internet. He admitted owning a swim thong that he only wore in his secluded garden in the summer. We both agreed that as swimming is fun and sensuous you should wear something brief and brightly coloured.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:00 PM

A 100% nylon suit will out last a lycra or spandex blend suit by years. I have 100% nylon speedos that were hand me downs from my brother that I have had of 15+ years that were used when I got them. The blends tend to break down in two or three years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog
Swam today 2000m in my AB Classic 1.5 royal blue. Outdoor 50m pool, and the water not cold at all. It was like being naked, magic of 100% nylon suit !
Compared to my turbo suits I wear when I swim with my team, it is much more comfortable ! However I don't know the durability of 100% nylon suits when swimming regularly in chlorinated water ...I only used it a few times. I will see in the next weeks... Any feedbacks on the question ?
Old 12-16-2016, 05:12 PM
Speedo Member

Default Vintage "The Finals"

Have just found some old "The Finals" briefs at the bottom of a drawer. I used to swim and train in these 20+ years ago.
They still fit me, they are black (82% nylon 18% spandex) with one inch sides. The back material is now very thin and a bit "see-through" but the briefs still fit me well so decided to wear them for this morning's lane swim at my local pool. Did my usual 1Km before retiring to, and relaxing, in the sauna and steam-room. It brought back good memories swimming again in these briefs. I usually do my swims now in my Neptune Scepter briefs.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:26 PM

Swam 1500m in a different pool today. Wore my fake light blue Aussiebums.
I've bought some swim fins, small flippers for use in swimming pools designed to make you use your foot kick action correctly in front crawl. they make you go really fast but it is very tiring to use them. Finished the session doing 250m front crawl without the fins and found my swim style had improved.
I was the only male in swim briefs there, a few guys were wearing square cuts, no jammers and a few bad shorts (on slow swimmers).
Old 12-26-2016, 08:38 PM

Loved "The Finals" suits that were made in the 90s of that thin paper-type of fabric. Speedo, The Finals and a few others made those so-called 'paper suits' with extremely small side seams (under 2").
Old 01-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Speedo Member

Today a short session of 2200m, alone in my lane, last day of holydays, in my black AB WJ Classic 2.5. Always great feelings with nylon suits . I remember the first times with nylon suits, when I took a look in order to check if my suit stayed in place ... It was like to swim naked. Now it is more natural to swim with it, but when I swim with my team I wear Turbo suits, all is well maintained, and no drag at all, but less comfortable of course.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:07 PM

Recovering from a nasty cold and feeling tired swam a couple of dozen lengths wearing my orange Auussibums.
Taught a lady bilateral breathing when she said she wanted to breathe on both sides in front crawl. She did it well looking graceful and stately.