Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2018, 01:20 AM

Default Getting Back Into Speedos

Hello, all! I'm a married dad of two boys. I recently got back into speedos after a long break.

The first time I wore a speedo was when my wife and I went on our honeymoon. She'd bought it for me and gave it to me as a surprise. I wasn't interested in wearing it, but she wore me down and I finally gave it at try. I couldn't believe how good it felt in the water. I ended up wearing it for the rest of the trip.

After that trip, I got rid of my swim shorts and switched to speedos. Our boys were born a few years later and, of course, we got them speedos like their dad. As they grew older and more self conscious, they eventually chose to wear shorts instead. I switched back to shorts as well to avoid being the embarrassing dad in the bikini.

My oldest son joined the swim team in junior high. Like the other boys on the team, he practiced and competed in jammers. He continued to participate on the junior varsity team when he moved on to high school.

This year he entered 11th grade. The juniors and seniors are on the varsity team, and their season starts after Christmas. I took him to the doctor for a sports physical a couple of weeks before the winter break. He signed up for the team and got the information packet just before the school term ended.

His mom went through the packet, and noticed that the boys on the varsity team are required to wear briefs for practice and meets. My son was mortified. We reminded him that he'd worn speedos when he was little, but it didn't make a difference. He was contemplating quitting the team. We told him to take the break and think about it.

Christmas came. After we'd opened presents, my wife said she had one more gift for us. She gave us each a package. We opened them. Inside were speedos. She said she'd bought them for us to wear during the beach vacation we take after Christmas every year.

The boys were reluctant, but she made sure they packed their new swimsuits. She told me to leave my shorts at home. Her idea was that if I wore a speedo, it might encourage our boys.

On the first day of our trip, our boys unsurprisingly chose to wear their shorts to the beach. I felt a little exposed in my speedo as we made our way to the beach, but by the end of the day I couldn't remember why I'd stopped wearing them. It felt so good to be unencumbered in the water.

The next day, my younger son put on his speedo under his shorts. He kept the shorts on for the first half of the day, but took them off when we went swimming after lunch.

My older son must've been feeling the peer pressure, because he wore his own speedo under his shorts on the third day. Like his brother, he took off his shorts after a while.

The next day, the three of us walked to the beach in our speedos and spent the whole day in them. We even had lunch at a beach side restaurant in nothing but our speedos.

It was great watching them grow more comfortable and confident. When we got back late that afternoon, my oldest son surprised us by asking if we could bathe together like we had in years passed. The rooms in the hotel where we always stay have big soaking tubs, but we hadn't used them since the boys were younger. We hadn't expected the request, but everyone was game. I started filling the tub. When it was full, we all stripped off our suits and got in together. It was a wonderful bonding experience.

After we returned home, my son was no longer apprehensive about wearing a speedo for the swim team. In fact, I'll be surprised if any of us wear shorts again.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:47 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer

Fantastic! That is a great experience!
Old 01-12-2018, 12:00 PM

Default Back Into

Will also help persuade their peers as well. Good going.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:11 AM

I don't understand the idea of wearing a speedo under your shorts.

The objective is not simply wearing the speedo itself - it's the minimal coverage that counts.

Wearing a speedo under your shorts is like saying I'm going naked under my jeans.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:09 AM

We are all naked under our clothes and should the time be right we might go naked.
Having speedos on under your shorts means that you can go to the beach in shorts, feel the mood of the beach safely seeing who is in speedos and how they are regarded. At the point where you are about to enter the water and swim you can pull off your shorts to reveal your speedos.
The alternative would be to carry speedos in your bag, when your family and friends (already in their speedos) head for the water and you want to join them you aren't suddenly faced with doing the towel dance in a hurry.
Once you've been in the water, and been seen and got used to it there's no point in putting the shorts back on when you come back to the beach.

It seems there are a lot of boys and men that wear speedos under their shorts on the beach. They are waiting for the number of speedo wearers to reach a level where it is accepted minority rather than just a freaky few before they join in. Don't knock them, they are on our side even if they don't nail their colours to the mast.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:46 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106

I always wear speedos under board shorts for both the occasional ability to take the shorts off at the beach and also for support under the shorts. I don't find the liners in board shorts are good for much.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dolphin

The objective is not simply wearing the speedo itself - it's the minimal coverage that counts.

Wearing a speedo under your shorts is like saying I'm going naked under my jeans.

I think the shorts were just a safety net as they got used to the idea of just wearing the speedos. Since we've returned from our trip, they haven't needed them.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:22 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dolphin

Heh funnily enough, I bought my first speedo solely for the purpose of wearing under my shorts because I hate the mesh liners but wanted the support and didn’t want to inadvertently flash anyone when sitting or bending down. Eventually, I thought it was silly to be wearing two swimsuits when I really needed one. But depending on location and company, I sometimes will sport the shorts and speedos. Those days become rarer every season.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:47 PM

Smile Wearing speedos under shorts.

I'll wear shorts over my speedo swim briefs when traveling to or from the beach or pool, but mostly when wearing speedos as summer underwear.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:51 PM

Same here. Depending on where I am at or who I am with, I will wear a regular suit over my swim briefs. However, when it comes to lap swimming or sunning at the beach, it has always been a Speedo of some type, since high school.

Interesting story, some good friends of mine have both a swimming pool and hot tub in their back yard. It's an oasis actually, it's that nice. Anyway, I went over a few summers ago for a swim and wore my speedo under a regular suit. We all got changed and when I got outside my buddy and his son were both wearing Speedos. I yelled WTH are you wearing? They looked at each other kinda embarrassed and I pulled my shorts down and stood there in mine. They laughed and started whipping balls at me. We ended up spending the afternoon swimming, having a bbq, drinking beer and just chatting, the whole time in our speedos. It was awesome and absolutely liberating.