Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Speedo Member

I doubt it'll put him off, DiaS. In fact, it seems clear you are giving him the opportunities to experience what it's like being a self-aware, grown man and as a result the confidence his contemporaries by and large are not gaining.

Too many young men do not get the essential, approval messages from their fathers, "You can cut it," "You've got what it takes," etc. Thank you for how you're provisioning your sons for their futures, so they can live as leaders, as MEN, not loiter throughout their lives waiting for someone's permission to no longer remain as BOYS, as followers. Kudos to ye!
Old 01-16-2018, 04:48 PM

Here's my 'locker' room experience from a weekly barefoot dance event I regularly attend. Regular visitors are of age 45 - 70 years, with 30% men on average.
The event takes place in a high school PE facility, so most patrons take advantage of the changing rooms and showers - there are no lockers, just wardrobe/cloakroom style hooks. The changing rooms are gender separated, so I can only speak about the men's routine.
On arriving, people just change quickly; a few may take a shower when sweaty form their bicycle ride.
After the dance, most men - including me of course - strip naked upon entering the dressing room. Many men will try to stay naked as long as possible. The showers accommodate six people at a time, so you may have to queue. You need to leave your towel in the dry part.
Interestingly, from one end of the room, the matching end of the women's room is in view - there are no doors. To enter the toilet (restroom), men may be exposed to women's eyesight. Some men do wrap a towel for this reason.
Even more interesting, women do not always respect the gender separation and may prefer the men's room which is always less crowded.
Now, this is not America ... It is the Netherlands, barefoot dancing is a very open minded subculture, with a high proportion of naturists.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106

How old is your son?
Old 01-16-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadInASpeedo
The gym we belong to has open showers and a sauna and hot tub in the locker room. I don't have any problem being naked while I'm there. After a swim, I'll often spend 20-30 minutes enjoying the facilities in my birthday suit.

I'd say that's true of about 65% of the members. Some of the younger guys (and a few of the older ones) cover up more. There's nowhere to hide in the showers, so some shower in their swimsuits and change under towels.

My boys are in the group that's less comfortable being naked. I've been trying to get them to try it out. They often prefer to use the family changing rooms by the pool, where we can change without other people around.

My older son and I went for a swim tonight. After, he followed me to the sinks instead of going straight to the showers and took off his suit to rinse it off. Then we showered together nude. I didn't say anything, since I could see he was nervous. Must've been overwhelming, because he got an erection. I didn't mention it as we finished and went back to our lockers to get dressed. Hopefully it doesn't put him off being comfortable in the locker room in the future.
How old is your son?
Old 01-17-2018, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm106
How old is your son?

He's 16 years old.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachg0y
I doubt it'll put him off, DiaS. In fact, it seems clear you are giving him the opportunities to experience what it's like being a self-aware, grown man and as a result the confidence his contemporaries by and large are not gaining.

Too many young men do not get the essential, approval messages from their fathers, "You can cut it," "You've got what it takes," etc. Thank you for how you're provisioning your sons for their futures, so they can live as leaders, as MEN, not loiter throughout their lives waiting for someone's permission to no longer remain as BOYS, as followers. Kudos to ye!

It's funny how quickly they get self conscious. The moment puberty starts, they go from kids who don't care about running around naked to tweens/teens who'd rather die than be seen nude.

Until our recent experiences, I hadn't seen my older son naked since he was probably 12. He got a big surprise toward the end of last year when I took him for his sports physical. We switched doctors after his old one retired. A youngish assistant took us back and checked his vitals, then told my son to undress to his underwear. She said the doctor would be in to see us shortly.

A few minutes later the doctor arrived. She introduced herself and got to know us. The doctor started the exam. At one point, she had my son stand up. She sat down on a stool beside him. "Is it okay if I slide these down?" she asked as she hooked her fingers in his briefs. Without really waiting for him to respond, she pulled them down.

My son got a panicked look on his face as he was exposed. I couldn't help but peek and see how my son had developed. She had him sit down and finished the exam, leaving his underwear on the floor. When she was done, she finished filling out the form. He quickly retrieved his underwear and put them back on before getting dressed.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:38 PM

i'm not bothered about my nudity. i'm happy enough to wander around the locker room totally nude apart from flip-flops though i see guys being very careful to cover up. What i do object to is young kids coming in the locker room and i then think its dangerous. at my gym which has a pool also there is a separate changing area for families and i think young kids should go there if unsupervised. in the UK there is a climate of fear and all it would take would be for some kid to mention something to a teacher about seeing a naked man who happened to look at them...not comfortable. i even left my other gym because there were guys used to regularly bring their young kids in and on a couple of occasions i caught the same young girl staring at me while getting changed.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:34 PM

Haven't been here in a while, but I'd thought I'd chime in on this one.

At one of our public indoor pools, both our change room and showers are one large open area. Really, no place to hide. So you have to be comfortable being seen in the buff. The odd time, you get a guy changing with a towel around his waist or suit on in the shower area. Most of us swimmers have known each other or a long time. We're not worried about modesty at all and are comfortable being nude. It's not unusual for two or three of us to be just standing around in the nude, chatting it up.

My routine usually includes getting undressed, shaving at the sink naked, throwing my Speedo on and heading to the pool to do my mile.

Afterwards, it's a shower and depending on who else is there, some quick manscaping. Most of us have shaved pubes and sacs and are okay if one trims or shaves. If there are newbies in the showers, we will usually refrain or wait until they are done and gone out of respect. Nobody has ever complained. You can expect the odd woody every once in a while and the other guys don't notice or care, no worries. Or one will center you out and make sure everyone else knows and you get a ribbing. I got a chubby once and one of the older guys joked about not having 'one of those' in 25 years and if he could, he'd be flaunting it too!

So as you can see, we are pretty open with locker nudity. I also think of it as a great bonding experience. Maybe it's just the way my generation, and older, were brought up. I don't think I have ever covered up in my lifetime.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:27 PM

A kind of odd experience at the pool last night. Went swimming and spent time in a sauna with two friends. One wore medium-length shorts and one full-length board shorts. When we returned to the locker room they were happy to shower naked and change very slowly, while I showered in my swim briefs and removed them under a towel.

So if they're not bothered about nudity in the locker room, why can't they wear Speedos at the pool? The session we attended was adults only, by the way.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadInASpeedo
It's funny how quickly they get self conscious. The moment puberty starts, they go from kids who don't care about running around naked to tweens/teens who'd rather die than be seen nude.

Until our recent experiences, I hadn't seen my older son naked since he was probably 12. He got a big surprise toward the end of last year when I took him for his sports physical. We switched doctors after his old one retired. A youngish assistant took us back and checked his vitals, then told my son to undress to his underwear. She said the doctor would be in to see us shortly.

A few minutes later the doctor arrived. She introduced herself and got to know us. The doctor started the exam. At one point, she had my son stand up. She sat down on a stool beside him. "Is it okay if I slide these down?" she asked as she hooked her fingers in his briefs. Without really waiting for him to respond, she pulled them down.

My son got a panicked look on his face as he was exposed. I couldn't help but peek and see how my son had developed. She had him sit down and finished the exam, leaving his underwear on the floor. When she was done, she finished filling out the form. He quickly retrieved his underwear and put them back on before getting dressed.

Did he start to get aroused when she examined him?