Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 07:38 PM

Default Nudity Required

There have been a few stories here and elsewhere about men being required to swim nude for classes or at certain facilities like the YMCA. Were you ever required to swim nude? Stories, please.

https://sites.google.com/site/histor...4maleswimming/
Old 03-24-2013, 04:17 AM

I'd love to go nude swimming.

However, there are a lot of men's locker/shower rooms with a jucuzzi (where you get in completely in the nude) which is pretty exciting!!!

CD
Old 03-24-2013, 12:21 PM

Nude swimming is the best. At Black's, the quasi nude beach in San Diego, I like to keep the speedo on on the beach but take it off to swim, it just feels so natural. I really wish this society wasn't still so puritanically hung up with fear & loathing of these wonderful bodies.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:19 PM

Swimming nude is more natural.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:43 AM

But there is some fun in unwrapping a swimsuit.....
Old 03-25-2013, 04:59 AM

"Unwrapping" from a swimsuit is fun also. I guess already being nude would be like getting an unwrapped present for Christmas. It's not the same without tearing off the giftwrap to get the gift
Old 03-25-2013, 07:36 PM

Thumbs up Dad swam nude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackk78
There have been a few stories here and elsewhere about men being required to swim nude for classes or at certain facilities like the YMCA. Were you ever required to swim nude? Stories, please.

https://sites.google.com/site/histor...4maleswimming/
Im a 20yo guy and my dad told me when he was young up to the age of 18 he swam nude at his local YMCA and all boys where nude
Old 03-25-2013, 07:42 PM

I learned how to swim in the nude at the YMCA and at a private instruction pool. We had met the instructor at the Y so when I went to his house I just strolled out nude. He kind took a second look then shucked his suit too and we went about the lesson. Now I have a pile of speedos I have collected through the years and they occupy an entire dresser in my bedroom with more in the pool house. Most of the time I swim in my pool its in the nude. When I do pull on a suit for unannounced visitors it is one of my old nylon speedos. All the suits are worn for is around the house or when I travel.
After you swim nude -- no turning back!

PS Scuba and Skin Diving is great nude, but watch out for fish looking for a meal!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:47 PM

Moving up to secondary school we were required to have showers after PE and games. The showers in the gym and pavilion were no problem, but the shower control in the sports hall was high up and very stiff. Only one other boy and myself could reach it so we were made responsible for turning the showers on and off. Imagine a naked skinny 11 year old on tip toe, trying to move a lever that was too stiff for him far above his head. Then imagine the rest of the class standing there watching while some wit made comments about survivors from Belsen.
These particular showers consisted of a narrow passage with water jets on either side, we had to run the gauntlet from one end to the other, coming out as fast as possible. As long as our hair was wet the system was satisfied. Hygienic cleansing effect; zero.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:44 AM

The local Scout Camp Site and Activity Centre had an indoor swimming pool. There was a policy of Scouts wearing uniform (with long trousers), shorts around the camp site and swimming naked.

The naked sessions open to all Scouts but not to visiting public were held at 8 am each morning and 7 pm Saturday evenings. You had to arrive in shorts or uniform to be allowed in.

Scout Troops wishing to book the pool could decide whether to use swim suits or to swim naked.

When we camped there one weekend we went to the pool at 8 am, no one turned up with the key so we never got in.

The practise ended in the 1980's after a letter in the local paper. One Troop turned up to swim without swim suits after the open sessions were stopped, the camp site let them book the pool and swim naked one last time.

In the 1980's young people were able to change in changing rooms without hiding under towels, they weren't more confident about their bodies, they just didn't care about being seen by other males.