Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2019, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightjeans
I do not agree about the biased issue as I have witnessed the conduct and attire of the parade participants and if they were told/informed not to wear these togs I fear some are not listening or not ignoring the issue. Family friendly Ok if you wish to think.

It is not necessarily the actions of parade participants, it is the press reporting the events that focus on the guys in the skimpy attire. We see in the paper pics of guys in drag or speedos. The TV reports that Pride weekend has begun and exception thousands to attend. The whole time the monitor is displaying a pool party or dance with guys barely dressed. There may have only been 5 guys at the pool party of 1000, but those are the ones the press show.
It isn't the event as much as the perception created by the press.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:24 AM

Donīt even forgot the role of Hollywood and TV movies and series. There are many comedies, where brief swimwear is considered old-fashioned or just plain funny, or something what is weared only by old, fat Europeans or perverts. That is for me the main problem, not a few individuals at gay parades.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:23 AM

Speedos are utilitarian, they are minimal to allow you to swim faster and sunbathe showing more.
Big baggy board shorts are like the togas of Roman times, they say who you are while being useless for walking, running and swimming in. Walking, running and swimming in big baggy impractical shorts says a lot about you, you don't have to try to hard.