Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 09:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BothWays145
Default Changing suits when lap swimming

Hi guys, long time reader first time poster.

I've been swimming off and on at a local college for a year or so now and I plan to start going more often. I'm looking to start a little speedo collection. I'm wondering if how often other lap swimmers here use a different speedo? Do you change daily, weekly or monthly? Or is it more when you just feel like a new suit? Do you get any reactions from lifeguards or other swimmers?

The pool is setup such that you walk to the desk to give your membership card in your suit. This is after showering in the locker room. Last week I wore my black euro sporti and when I got to the desk the girl sitting there just about knocked over her drink when she saw me. Not sure if it had anything to do with my suit or not but I'd like to think so. When I was done and got out of the pool she made sure to sit up in her chair while I walked to the desk to get my membership card back. Quite the rush to walk out in such a small suit for all to see.

I'm thinking daily would be to often but also could be kind of funny, maybe lifeguards would look forward to what the "suit of the day" is

So far I only have a very faded blue 1" Speedo Solar and the black Euro Sporti. Can't wait to get more! What should I get next? I wonder if I'd ever be daring enough to wear an unlined suit.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:45 PM

Choose the suit the fits your mood on the day.

As your collection builds you will learn which suits look good on you, which feel good and which slide through the water fastest.

One day you may want to notice those quick sideways glances of appreciation as you go down to the pool. Another day you will be wearing your oldest roughest speedos just to show that you are there for a serious session and don't care what you look like.

It's your choice, even if you just grab the same suit as last time simply because it is still on the airer with your towel.

When you get to go to the beach next summer you will have to take a couple of speedos, a bikini and a swim thong just to be certain that you have the right thing to wear on the right beach.

I took a friend to a sandy beach some years ago and each time I went into the water i came out and put on something dry and briefer than I was wearing before, it was fun.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:05 AM

Cool certainly......

....Go for "suit of the day" when your collection allows - give the pool staff some enjoyment and start with a low cut water polo Turbo to keep them guessing on what other activities you might be taking part in.......
Old 10-25-2012, 03:31 AM

If you want to actually swim for health/exercise, I wouldn't recommend wearing an unlined suit, or any suit that is 'over the top' in terms of skimpiness or sexiness. I'm afraid you may end up looking silly. Please keep the 'special' suits for more private encounters, not a public pool.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:44 AM

agree with the post above on unlined and extra tiny. As to change-ups, I alternate suits everyday.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BothWays145

@Swimmboy and @SwimTeamSpeedo - do you guys consider the Sporti Euro suit "special" or "extra tiny"? Are 1" side suits to small you think?

Old 10-25-2012, 04:53 PM

I think these are cool looking suits with the diagonal rep stripe. I have the one with the gold.
Skimpy but not embarassingly so
http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/...htm?color=9599
Old 10-25-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmboy
If you want to actually swim for health/exercise, I wouldn't recommend wearing an unlined suit, or any suit that is 'over the top' in terms of skimpiness or sexiness. I'm afraid you may end up looking silly. Please keep the 'special' suits for more private encounters, not a public pool.

This is definitely true. Too skimpy or revealing looks more like a guy trying to score and not a serious swimmer. The pool or beach are the places to go trolling for guys - not in a lap pool.
Any Speedo suit is considered a good lap suit -- unless you cut out the lining of a light color to achieve sheer or it is 5 sizes too small. A good rule of thumb when picking a lap suit is -- if it is made by N2N -leave it home. Speedo, Arena, Nike, TYR. They are designed and made for serious swimmers.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:35 PM

I think a 1" side on a suit would be inappropriate - it more a 'bikini' than a serious swimsuit. The brief water polo suits many if us admire on guys are usually 2", most Speedo/TYR swimsuits are 3". Either style would be fine for lap swimming, in my humble opinion.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:46 PM

Default Swim Suit Changes...

I have quite a few Speedo Endurance suits and a few other brands. These suits are intended for serious lap swimming. All have liners... any linerless suits that I have are reserved for beaches that I go to. ~ ~ ~ I rotate thru suits that I like - both for their fit and style. I've found that a couple of the splice suits look silly on me... I'm nearly 70 years old... so they just get by passed.. I favour blues and blacks. A few of the suits have patterns on the front... a couple have 'Speedo' written across the butt. I wear them when I'm feeling a little 'sassy` ~ ~ ~ old guys can do that too you know! ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ I've always worn a speedo... for a period of time in the 60's speeodos were made from nylon tricot... it was quite normal for a guy to pluck the suit from his genitals when he got out of the pool.. well most guys 'plucked', unless they were a bit exhibitionistic. ~ ~ ~ Those of you who know the Endurance suit will recognize that it is a fairly low-rise fit. ~ ~ ~ No body makes any particular mnetion of my suit ~ ~ ~ old guys get a pass if they are seen to be lap swimming. Well actually... most of us are hardly worth noticing, so we don't attract the same kind of criticism that some of you younger 'nervous types' might attract.
~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Cheers form the Big Island, Vancouver Island, BC.