Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2015, 11:08 PM

I was hooked on that show when Christopher was in it. It's very hard to see in the screen captures, but there is white piping around the leg openings. Just enough to emphasize tanned legs. I had a pair just like his and wore them during the show. (and a lot more)

It cracked me up, too, that his mother was his agent, and when she negotiated the gig, she bragged how he "gets to keep the clothes." Then for about 8 episodes, blue Speedos were his entire outfit. He did get some nice stuff eventually.

Earlier his "exposure" in the Blue Lagoon gave him an enlightened view of clothing. I heard him in an interview many years later that he and his family were members of one of the southern California nudist parks.

He'll remain among the celebrities I really admire.

sunbuff
Old 05-10-2015, 12:36 AM

Lest not forget his starring role in "A Night in Heaven" as a male stripper. A silly and sleazy R-rated romp where he shows all. DVD is out-of-print so it fetches $$$, but worth seeking out if you can find one cheap. I much prefer Sam Elliott in a speedo in "Lifeguard" over Atkins, though, even though Atkins was in more impeccable shape.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:33 PM

Default Understanding what makes Atkin's blue Speedo so erotic

I have been attempting to determine what makes these Christopher Atkins photographs in Dallas so erotic and sensual, interestingly to both men and women. I have a number of ideas as to what is going on, and why they spring erotic central into action for both men and women as they appear to do so easily.

As any guy knows, the underside of his penis is more sensitive to touch than the top side. This can vary from “somewhat more sensitive” to “a lot more sensitive”, bu there are always key differences between the sensitivity of the top side versus the bottom side.

In a swim brief, there are three possibilities for penis position, down, up or to one side. The down position usually shows the least amount of bulge, but some guys are so big, flaccid, that this position is uncomfortable. All the pressure on the penis from the snug-fitting Lycra is on the top of the penis, which is comparatively insensitive relative to the underside.

Positioning a penis sideways is something of a compromise. The underside of the penis in the sideways position generally is not pressed tightly against the fabric. A basic problem with the sideways position is that it is the swim brief version of the half=Windsor necktie knot. In the sideways position the guy is always going to look lopsided, favoring whichever side he is pointed to.

So that leaves the ‘up” position, in which the penis is pointed upward, with the underside all along in direct contact with the tight-fitting Lycra fabric. Most guys will likely get at least somewhat erect at the mere thought of having a slick fabric pressing tightly on and rubbing across the underside of his penis. This becomes a bit of a predicament, of sorts. If the penis gets too enlarged in this position, it could pop right out of the top of the waistband. So a guy needs to make sure he doesn’t get too carried away with the “sensation of the moment” if his penis is in the up position, or something could happen that would draw even more attention to the groin area than the guy is already getting.

In the Dallas video, Christopher Atkin’s Speedo is clearly the “correct” size, and the light and shadows says that he is wearing his penis in the classic “up” position, with the fabric pulling tightly across the underside of his penis.
Seeing all of this play out in the TV film is clearly erotic for women, and likely for many if not most men as well. Episodes featuring this undoubtedly got high ratings for CBS. Everyone regardless of gender and sexual orientation is wondering how he is dealing psychological with the sensations bombarding his penis from the tightly-stretched blue fabric. For me, I am waiting to see if noticeable tiny drops of pre-cum form at the tip.

Atkins tries to act nonchalant about all of this. He is just going about his business purportedly paying no attention to what is going on in his groin area. This adds to the interest as to how he is dealing with this. The size of his penis says he is. Atkins at that stage in his career was a very good looking guy irrespective of the Speedo he was wearing, and was no doubt a fantasy for a lot of women AND men.

I always enjoy seeing a guy “struggle” with a situation that is “inadvertently” resulting in an erection, and I like to compare what the other guy is going through to deal with this with the things that happen to me under a similar circumstance. Most guys have probably fantasized about what might happen if he wore a Speedo into a public situation, as Atkins often does in this video.

Sebbie
Old 05-10-2015, 08:12 PM

Must agree with the others here - Christopher Atkins looked totally hot in that Speedo! No wonder Sue Ellen was hot for him!
Old 05-11-2015, 11:15 AM

Default A little more info

Atkins, born 1961, was in his teens when he was cast in the lead of Blue Lagoon, released in 1980. He wasn’t quite as young as he looked in the movie. Even though he was a star, he could not have gotten paid much for doing that, as it was really his first acting job. He was cast in subsequent movies in the early 1980s, tho none as successful as the Blue Lagoon.

The scenes you see here show Atkins playing Peter Richards, John Ross’ camp counselor, in season 7 of Dallas. Dallas started in 1978, and these scenes are from the 1983-84 season, after a lot of plot twists had already been explored. A May-December romance develops between Sue Ellen (JR’s wife, played by Linda Gray) and young Peter (interesting name given his position in the blue Speedo. Linda gray plays this very well. She tries to act nonchalant about what is going on in front of her, just as Peter tries to maintain the conversation as if nothing is happening to him. In reality, both are thinking mostly about body parts.

Putting (the) Peter in the blue Speedo was an inspired casting move. It sets up the sexual tension between Peter and Sue Ellen while still not violating any broadcasting rules limiting nudity.

The TV sets in 1984 were not very clear or detailed. As a consequence, the viewing audience then got less of a hint about how (the) Peter looked in the Speedo. But DVD versions are now available and we can see all of this much more clearly as to what was going on now.

Atkins was a popular teen idol in his late teens and early 20s. After that, as is the case for many teen idols who lose some of their boyish charm as they grow older, acting jobs came along less frequently. Atkins, now in his 50s, has been working fairly steady in recent years, mainly in made for TV and direct to DVD movies. This unsteady work can hardly pay that well, and I wonder if he has other non-acting employment.

Another example of a teen idol with a great body linked to water is Luke Halpin, who played Sandy in the Flipper movie and TV series. He did not wear blue Speedos, but always his trademark cutoff jeans. Halpin got out of acting and later built a second career doing movie stunt work.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:34 PM

Sebbie, Don't worry about how much these guys get paid. I have some very distant relatives but very talkative relatives in that business and I am always amazed at the stories and how these people squander what to me is an immense income but they are never satisfied.