Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Off Topic > Off Topic Chat and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2014, 01:03 AM

Default New water sport

Flyboard championships in Qatar last year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr-u28OpBg4
Old 01-12-2014, 08:03 PM

Default great

I wished this kinds of sports were the most popular sports in my country, and not that boring football.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:30 PM

Wink horses for courses

LOL - I am sure you must have committed a capital offence in saying that when so many brilliant footballers (soccer players) have come out of S.America!
It is no coincidence that those flyboard championships were held in Qatar of course as oil money does a lot to lubricate the wheels of very expensive hobbies (and that is one for sure when a support boat as well as high spec. equipment have to be provided to make it all happen).

The current argument is whether players can withstand the summer heat there for the World Cup Championships but a revised winter timetable will disrupt all the home games' schedules (to which lucrative tv rights are attached of course)

Btw, RIP Usebijo - from a different continent I know but a great credit to the game in his day.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:34 AM

LOL too. yes for my friends and family it IS a capital offence hehe. ok it's an expensive sport but the main reason I don't like football (not the only one reason) is that it makes so much money in South America, so much money that could have been used to fight poverty, children malnutrion, crime, low, embarrasing low rates of literacy and the list go on... when the best peruvian footballers play in Europe for some european teams they play great, but when they play for our country the play terribly. and by the way, they eat, travel, get women etc.. WITH THE MONEY I PAY IN TAXES FOR THE NATIONAL SPORT FEDERATION. corruption rules , not only in politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron
LOL - I am sure you must have committed a capital offence in saying that when so many brilliant footballers (soccer players) have come out of S.America!
It is no coincidence that those flyboard championships were held in Qatar of course as oil money does a lot to lubricate the wheels of very expensive hobbies (and that is one for sure when a support boat as well as high spec. equipment have to be provided to make it all happen).

The current argument is whether players can withstand the summer heat there for the World Cup Championships but a revised winter timetable will disrupt all the home games' schedules (to which lucrative tv rights are attached of course)

Btw, RIP Usebijo - from a different continent I know but a great credit to the game in his day.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:59 AM

Default water recreation

Yes, the range of activities to enjoy has increased enormously in the past thirty years but I remain faithful in principle to the traditional ocean wave surfers, where the spectacle is of just one man and a board against the power of nature but able to travel upright with split-second timing and without any mechanical propulsion.