Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2014, 02:29 PM

Default Indicators of a frequent swimmer

Recently I went to a new pool during lap swimming hours and noticed that several people were wearing unusual blue-gray colored briefs.

Then I realized that they probably swim often and that they are probably faded from their original navy blue. The same thing happened to a nylon suit I used to have. (Speedo-brand striped square leg)

My suits made with lycra usually wear out before they start to fade.

Once in a while, I see people wear several old suits over each other, probably as a drag suit.

Maybe some people like to wear old or worn suits, as sign that they are serious swimmers. (or maybe they don't care to wear the newest)

Aside from being better swimmers, it's interesting to see how you can tell who are the frequent swimmers. Of course, if you keep a regular schedule, you get to know others too.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:31 PM

Default an old Speedo...

I can recall what you say about an old faded Speedo of mine too - just kept wearing it when perhaps it was long overdue for replacement and had long forgotten what was its original colour (dark blue perhaps).
I think you are right - the badge of wisdom and experience comes into it - one only has to think of the not so young barristers wearing dirty old wigs in Court which have probably never been cleaned over many years at the Bar.

Last edited by Byron : 08-10-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:42 PM

Better than bleeding from the ears at dinner (swimmers ear)

If it works why replace it lol. I had a blue tyr that finally faded and worn out. Only suit I have ever tossed.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:02 PM

Default Butt Trail

I swim 1/2 mile every day at Y-speedos tend to wear very thin following your ass crack and other places where you've rubbed against rough surfaces.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:52 AM

Default One turn too many....

Not just from rubbing, but the tension caused by turns, especially the flip turns can give your back end that sheer look. I once wore a suit well past it's prime, I did a flip and felt the water hitting my backside a bit more than seemed right. I swam the next length and stopped, only to find that I had worn the suit one flip too many. When they give out... they truly just give out. It was not the easiest walk to the locker, but thank goodness for a well positioned kickboard. I learned since to check my swimsuits a bit closer each time.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimTeamSpeedo
Not just from rubbing, but the tension caused by turns, especially the flip turns can give your back end that sheer look. I once wore a suit well past it's prime, I did a flip and felt the water hitting my backside a bit more than seemed right. I swam the next length and stopped, only to find that I had worn the suit one flip too many. When they give out... they truly just give out. It was not the easiest walk to the locker, but thank goodness for a well positioned kickboard. I learned since to check my swimsuits a bit closer each time.

That's amazing. I didn't know that flip turns can cause that much tension but now that you mention it, it's always the back side that wears out the fasest. I'm glad the suit didn't completely come off for you.

I also notice that once the suit gets wet, it looks more sheer (especially for old suits of lighter color), so I better be careful of that, even if the suit looks fine when dry.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:48 PM

I wasn't aware flip turns put a lot of tension on the backside of my suits.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:47 PM

I haven't reached the point in my development as a serious swimmer to do flip turns. I know how to do them theoretically but have never tried to do one and won't for a long while. I guess I don't have to worry about my suits wearing out.

D67
Old 08-13-2014, 07:38 PM

Default the rip....

Me also Shaulis - but this I can better understand: http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/...g_1452183c.jpg
Old 08-14-2014, 03:41 PM

I recall seeing that particular photo Byron. Those Speedo skinsuits were a failure for the company and brought us jammers being worn in competitive swimming instead of briefs.