Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2014, 01:23 AM

Default Why I do not like to swim in boardshorts

Let alone wear undies that offer no support or separation...
http://themetapicture.com/wearing-boxers-on-a-hot-day/

A few weeks ago My cousin from Europe came to visit. She went swimming everyday and I was bound to wind up in the pool one of these days. For the sake of everybody I bought a pair of shorts (as all of my existing ones are like 10 years old)... Swimming in a pair of boardies the first time in 6-8 years was definitely a unique experience. Yuck! My balls stuck to my legs (Einstein should have worn a speedo underneath) and it was heavy as hell for a swimsuit. No bueno. I will not be doing that again for a long time.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:33 AM

Smile

Did you feel uncomfortable wearing a speedo among members of your family and bought the board shorts for that reason? If so, maybe your decision to buy the board shorts and how uncomfortable you felt wearing them made it clearer to you that it will be speedos next time. Thanks for sharing your story knikon.

D67
Old 08-10-2014, 02:29 AM

Default Preference confirmed.....

LOL - the sacrifices one has to make sometimes in deference to visitors !!
Old 08-10-2014, 03:50 AM

If some feel socially uncomfortable wearing a speedo, are there old fashioned "trunks" available?

I learned to swim in the 1960s and I wore something like short gym shorts only they were made of nylon for water tolerance.

As for boardies, they're an example of a shovel with a rope handle and absolutely USELESS for anything in the water or just laying around the pool or beach.

Jammers are just streamlined boardies and also another nuisance.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:52 AM

Well, She is young and thus to keep everybody happy I bought the shorts. Also my Sister & Mom highly disapprove of such outfits. The rest of my family would have been fine with it tho.

True Byron very true

As to trunks they are quite hard to find. What is funny is that only a few weeks before that I was at a friends house (who is much more conservative than my family) and I wore my speedos.

But I have to deal with my Mom & Sister much more

Last edited by knikon : 08-10-2014 at 04:06 AM.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:23 AM

I almost drowned while wearing board shorts at the beach several years ago. I've worn briefs or, if I must wear it a jammer ever since. I will not wear something that could drown me plus they are so heavy when wet.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:06 AM

Swimming properly requires a good level of physical fitness, so why make it harder than what it is?
Old 08-10-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaulis
I almost drowned while wearing board shorts at the beach several years ago. I've worn briefs or, if I must wear it a jammer ever since. I will not wear something that could drown me plus they are so heavy when wet.

I have too twice. First as a kid in a lake (before I knew how to swim) my shorts got caught on a large branch and I was pulled back. 2nd as a older kid they got stuck to a pool vent. By then I could swim so I just took them off and went to the surface...

An incident I described on rere much more recent would have been much worse had I'd been wearing shorts