Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2020, 02:39 PM
Speedo Member

Default Coming Out

I am 63 and grew up in a large family with what I consider typical sexual repression and body shaming. I am now past most of that or maybe because of that I am a bit of a naturist and in addition to the practicality and comfort of bikini swimwear, I have what some might consider have a mild fetish for revealing swimwear, thongs, and g-strings. At the beach or pool, I prefer to wear minimal attire although only where acceptable. I would not wear a thong at a family beach.

What I struggle with is “coming out” to family and friends about my wearing minimal attire. I am quite comfortable at a nude or thong friendly beach with strangers but not with siblings and friends. So far I only wear thongs with my significant other.

So to get to my question, what is your experience is being open about wearing minimal swimwear?
Old 07-29-2020, 06:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Micro
I am 63 and grew up in a large family with what I consider typical sexual repression and body shaming. I am now past most of that or maybe because of that I am a bit of a naturist and in addition to the practicality and comfort of bikini swimwear, I have what some might consider have a mild fetish for revealing swimwear, thongs, and g-strings. At the beach or pool, I prefer to wear minimal attire although only where acceptable. I would not wear a thong at a family beach.

What I struggle with is “coming out” to family and friends about my wearing minimal attire. I am quite comfortable at a nude or thong friendly beach with strangers but not with siblings and friends. So far I only wear thongs with my significant other.

So to get to my question, what is your experience is being open about wearing minimal swimwear?
I started on swim team at age 13 so we had to wear "speedos". I'm not into super skimpy (but I do like to show off my bulge, lol). Having that background, it gave me the excuse to wear competition "speedo" type suits which I still enjoy. After college I joined a masters group and continue to wear them.

I'm not sure without the swim team experience that I would have been able to be comfortable wearing them. I do recall a few times my mother telling me to wear a "regular" bathing suit when going to the beach with the family. I protested and usually my dad said it was ok to wear the team suit.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:29 PM
Speedo Member

I’m in my mid 50’s and I too started wearing a speedo while on the school swim team. I also started wearing bikini underwear about the same time so my parents and brothers knew but it wasn’t uncommon for guys at that time and nobody thought any different of it. After I graduated the thong became popular and I immediately loved them. Now the skimpier thong or bikini the better as far as I’m concerned. I keep myself in pretty good shape and quite often get compliments. It doesn’t bother me a bit to be out with friends wearing a tiny bikini and they accept me just fine. Some of the guys have told me they wish they had the body I have and most of their wives have said that too.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:53 PM

TX if you took up embroidery and as a beginner started making embroidered quotations would you want to share this interest with your wider family and friends? Embroidery isn't a man thing, it could even be thought a bit weird and intensive.
When you are with your friends and family and they are wearing shorts or swimwear wear your own shorts and swimwear a bit shorter and skimpier than theirs but if they show up in shorts don't show up in a thong, be flexible.
If you are comfortable with your thong friends then keep it that way, don't alienate the people you know and love. let them find their own path.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:53 AM

It's a tough decision deciding whether or not to let your friends and family know about your preference to wear minimal swimwear. I too have struggled with this.

A few of my friends know i wear speedos, but nobody in my family knows that I wear them on a regular basis. I guess you have to sort of pick and choose who you want to know about it. I don't feel the need to really let anyone know unless a situation arises where I want to wear my speedo in their presence.

If this happens to you, you could just man up and do it or you could make something up like you just joined a Masters swim class and you don't want awkward tan lines because you wear a speedo while you're in class. If someone giggles because you wear a speedo in a swim class, then they have the problem, not you.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:22 PM

Just say you're a cross dresser and want to wear bikini bottoms like women. No one would dare question you then.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:50 PM
Speedo Member

So generally, I've found that when I stop over-thinking it, I really enjoy wearing minimalist swimwear. I love wearing thongs and g-strings in the pool and the ocean, or tiny micro bikinis when hanging out pool side and chatting with people. Sometimes people will say something about how small my suit is but I just smile and say something trite about how great and freeing it is to wear so little, and I just laugh it off. Never has anyone ever brought up a negative after seeing me so comfortable and easy going in my tiny swimwear.

Now, I definitely understand what you are saying about the family. I wouldn't feel so comfortable wearing a tiny g-string around my young nieces (though they are not that young anymore) and the rest of my close family. I find that a very reasonable compromise is a square cut suit. This would also be the case for a family entertainment location like a water park. I can also wear a g-string, thong, or brief under it if I want to, but often I will not.

However, if I'm headed to the beach, I will typically wear a g-string with a square cut on top. I'll wear the square cut while we are walking around looking for a place to set up, then I'll strip them off and go down to the string for my actual time on the beach.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:14 PM
Speedo Member

I have not encountered negative comments about my swimwear but usually only choose beaches where it is not uncommon. A couple of years ago I was vacationing in Tamarindo Costa Rica. I was the only male that wore a Bikini or micro suit (1/2 back push out pouch, 1/2 inch sides). Ironically the majority of women were in cheeky suits or thongs and all the males in dork shorts or trunks. Anyway I was a topic of conversation at the hotel poolside bar. Apparently American’s thought my choice of swimwear too revealing while a local Tico surf instructor said people should be free to wear what they want and it was sexist that only women should wear minimal swimwear. I was enjoying what I was wearing, didn’t know any of them and would likely never see them again so didn’t care. Of course it helped that I was with an attractive woman.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:35 AM
Speedo Member

Default Dork shorts

A couple years back my wife and I had gone to one of the beaches in Florida and we’d walked quite aways to get away from the people with kids. I was laying out in just a very small white bikini and a younger girl, I’d guess late teens, walked to within about 30 yards of us and stripped to a little tan colored bikini. She walked to the waters edge and then turned our way and walked to where we were and said hello. I could tell by her accent she was not from the US. We spoke for a bit and she said that she liked my suit and asked why all the boys wore such big shorts the the beach. We both laughed at that and I told her it was probably that they were embarrassed to wear something like I was wearing. Not long after her parents and younger brother walked up and they sat with her awhile then they all left together. My wife and I still laugh at the way she said they wear such big shorts.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:59 PM
Speedo Member

Default Dork shorts

I would prefer to skip going to the beach if I have to wear trunks or god forbid dork shorts. I don’t know if it is insecurity, the fear that wearing a bikini or thong means your gay or whatever, but wearing a small suit is certainly more comfortable. I think too many men are afraid try try.