Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2014, 03:23 AM

Default my orders....

May I combine lightening up with shutting up or are they to be entirely separate modes of conduct ?
Anyway the latter is easy as I just noted my total posts - over 3000 in less than three years - so target achieved and time to depart.
I leave you with the immortal words of Groucho Marx: I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:15 PM

Unhappy My orders

Fellow forum members,

It sounds like Byron is telling us that he will be leaving the forum and I am very sorry to hear that. I may have been one of the people whose replies to him caused him to make this decision; however, I do not regret those replies because bullies must be called on their behavior.

I regret his decision because I have the utmost respect for Byron's intellect, and I believe him to be a brilliant man with a wonderful command of the English language, a researcher who could run rings around any reference librarian, a person who is always willing to take on an investigative challenge, and an excellent grammarian.

Unfortunately, Byron's rudeness and demeaning of other individuals is what many of us have objected to, and with repeated pleas to refrain from his rudeness, Byron did not change his behavior. He has bullied others with his gift for language and that I will surely not miss. There could have been such a better outcome had he only been willing to take the advice that was given to him and stopped the verbally abusive behavior.

For those positive contributions, Byron will be missed.

D67
Old 08-25-2014, 10:33 PM

Default My orders

Dooley; you have expressed my sentiments extremely well. Yes, I have also tangled with Byron and it is too bad that what he has brought to the board is offset by what I call his dark side. Perhaps he may yet return with a different perspective.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:12 AM

Default My orders

I don't believe for a second that Bryon has left the board. Bryon derives too much pleasure from letting everyone know just how intellegent
he is and goes out of his way to say that. Bryon will be back and much more spiteful in my humble opinion.

Last edited by shaulis : 08-26-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:27 AM

Everyone just calm down and take a deep breath. I am sorry there are these rifts, but long ago I've learned long ago that personal spats on message boards never go anywhere. Bryan posts great photos and I don't know how he finds some of them. Just ignoring anything I dont like to read always works well. Which leads be back to the idea that everyone should not try to respond to whatever it is they don't like. Carrying on back and forth with another poster just digs a deeper hole, and just not responding is the best strategy if you want a poster to stop doing something you don't like.

I THINK I am in good standing with everyone here, and that is my strategy for maintaining that status.

I know men generally have a genetic programming to fight when offended not retreat, buit everyone needs to control those urges and get on with the fun stuff.

Sebbie
Author, "Understanding Male Sexuality" available on Amazon or through your favorite book retailer.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:58 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbie
Everyone just calm down and take a deep breath. I am sorry there are these rifts, but long ago I've learned long ago that personal spats on message boards never go anywhere. Bryan posts great photos and I don't know how he finds some of them. Just ignoring anything I dont like to read always works well. Which leads be back to the idea that everyone should not try to respond to whatever it is they don't like. Carrying on back and forth with another poster just digs a deeper hole, and just not responding is the best strategy if you want a poster to stop doing something you don't like.

I THINK I am in good standing with everyone here, and that is my strategy for maintaining that status.

I know men generally have a genetic programming to fight when offended not retreat, buit everyone needs to control those urges and get on with the fun stuff.

Sebbie
Author, "Understanding Male Sexuality" available on Amazon or through your favorite book retailer.

Sebbie,

I agree with you up to a point. If we speak in terms of reinforcement and operant conditioning, not responding should eliminate the behavior because that behavior is not being reinforced. That being said, I still believe that verbal abuse should not and cannot be tolerated. And bullying behavior needs to be confronted for what it is.

On another subject, I believe that you must be on good terms with everyone. How could you not? You bring so much to the board and always show the utmost respect for others.

D67
Old 08-26-2014, 06:54 PM

Well you know, every forum has that guy who seems to have nothing better to do than respond to every single post on every single topic and correct every viewpoint and straighten out every opinion. You have to be able to let it roll off your shoulders, maybe even laugh at it. This whole Board.com and what it's all about is just plain hilarious and borderline ridiculous, how anyone takes it that seriously is beyond me. Quite entertaining, addicting even!
Yeah, this seems to be Byron's life. I hope he doesn't go away, he would miss us as much as we would miss him.