Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2012, 11:20 PM

Default Sorry

Sorry I wasn't more clear in my differentiate almost indecent briefs and swimming. Guys that would show up at my Y's pools showing pubes and butt cracks are not there to seriously work out doing laps-I suspect other agendas. I am fortunate to have a build that lets me wear 2" briefs along with a lot of other serious swimmers. Guys in the masters program like me think nothing of wearing briefs starting from the locker room to the pools which some would consider to be quite a hike. Sometime we double wear if one of the suits starts to come apart from use-lycra will do that if you swim every day like I do. Helps to do your "drag" workout. Just get rid of those damend boardies!
Old 02-03-2012, 06:34 PM

Default damned boardies

The debate goes on elsewhere
(nice pic of long ones goes with advice to Anonymous):
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=967741
Old 02-03-2012, 07:07 PM

Default Good God

Byron: Thanks for this. I can't imagine with all else that is going on this guy has this question! I do think that there may be a need for a rash guard if you are in the water for some time. Wave action in a very busy pool with shared lanes sometimes causes rash on your chest and shoulders and sometime the back. A guy that swims at the same time as me wears a very body hugging total body suit. He's a great swimmer and in great shape. He would get some rash if he didn't I think. have enjoyed your many posts and view.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:50 AM

Default rash comment

Never quite sure how seriously to take some of these forums (and that was a students' one) but you have enlightened me about rashguards in pools, as I have only previously heard that talked about for surfers in the ocean waves.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorcas3
Sorry I wasn't more clear in my differentiate almost indecent briefs and swimming. Guys that would show up at my Y's pools showing pubes and butt cracks are not there to seriously work out doing laps-I suspect other agendas. I am fortunate to have a build that lets me wear 2" briefs along with a lot of other serious swimmers. Guys in the masters program like me think nothing of wearing briefs starting from the locker room to the pools which some would consider to be quite a hike. Sometime we double wear if one of the suits starts to come apart from use-lycra will do that if you swim every day like I do. Helps to do your "drag" workout. Just get rid of those damend boardies!
Most guys don't go to pools or gyms just for the utilitarian function of working out. If they just like working out with no social interation, they can do it in the privacy and seclusion of their own place and there's no need to to go to a public facility.

I like speedo style swimwear in the pool and short shorts for running because they look and feel good - not because I'm "Cruising or signaling" for a hook up.

Personally, I prefer some place where I can feel "In Synch" with other people's who share my thoughts and enjoyment and not be a "black sheep". Also, see my comment on "Tolerance". That tells you what's behind my thinking and also my opinion of homophobia.

CD

Last edited by California Dolphin : 02-04-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:54 PM

Default speedowear

For those with the time to read (and haven't already) the treatise by David Sebringsil is still on the web:
http://www.sebringsil.com/speedowear
Old 02-04-2012, 02:28 PM

Wink I Lap Swim ~ Ergo ~ I Speedo Swim !

40 years ago I was an avid noon hour Water Whaler, swimming 72 laps per day in a 25 yard pool. If my math is still any good, that still adds up to a mile a day. ~ ~ ~ I no longer count tile... and I now swim with fins and snorkel gear... training for this next Summer's ocean swimming and skin diving. I also use Speedo hand paddles... they help me finess my position around corral. I sure appreciate the 'boost' they give me both in terms of speed as well as ego. ~ ~ ~ there are a few serious swimmers occasionaly while I'm doing my training, you shouldn't have to ask what style of suit they are wearing! ~ ~ ~ One younger guy, strong arms... pretty good pull but lousy stroke and body mechanics... wears board shorts. ~ ~ ~ I won't let him graduate to swimmers trunks of whatever style, until he has taken some adult swimming lessons ~ ~ ~ We are an exclusive and uninhibited cult with high standards for good stroke mechanics ~ ~ ~ "Real Men And Women Wear Speedos" ~ ~ ~ I turn 69 in a few months... heading out today to XC ski in Strathcona Park ~ ~ many of the guys and gals wear tights... the obvious best choice for this activity..... HAve a nice day everyone

~ ~ ~ PS: My body is old and saggy... lots of wrinkled skin from seasonal weight gain and loss...BUT: "I swim ~ Therefore I am" ~ From The Old Ranger on The Big Island, Vancouver Island, BC !!~~!!

Last edited by MicroRon : 02-04-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:24 PM

Default Right on:

The tolerance article was great-thank you CD. I did some weight work with a couple of great guys that are doing some pre seal training. They are currently at UVM and will be in the Navy when they graduate. I also swim with them and they really kick as. They wear jammers and twist up out of the pool at the end of every lap and do leg and ab workout. They are in fabulous shape but I'm sure briefs wouldn't work for them because they'd twist out of them. I use short fins called Zoomers-they give great ankle and hamstring workout plus take pressure off the shoulders. Will wear my white Crootas tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:25 PM

Default Right on:

The tolerance article was great-thank you CD. I did some weight work with a couple of great guys that are doing some pre seal training. They are currently at UVM and will be in the Navy when they graduate. I also swim with them and they really kick ass. They wear jammers and twist up out of the pool at the end of every lap and do leg and ab workout. They are in fabulous shape but I'm sure briefs wouldn't work for them because they'd twist out of them. I use short fins called Zoomers-they give great ankle and hamstring workout plus take pressure off the shoulders. Will wear my white Crootas tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroRon
One younger guy, strong arms... pretty good pull but lousy stroke and body mechanics... wears board shorts. ~ ~ ~ I won't let him graduate to swimmers trunks of whatever style, until he has taken some adult swimming lessons

Maybe getting in the right kind of suit for swimming will give him the urge to become a better swimmer. While I am a very serious swimmer, I don't agree with the position that Speedo type suits are only to be worn by serious swimmers. I have seen some awesome non serious swimmers who rock a swim brief pretty darn well.