Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2016, 10:59 AM

Default Too Old For Speedo

No, I'm not talking about myself although I've sometimes wondered if I am. Today I turn 45 years old and I still think I can pull off wearing a speedo. Here's a great article on wearing things at a certain age....especially #10!

http://www.11points.com/Misc/11_Ages...hion_C hoices
Old 08-06-2016, 12:56 PM

I'm tall with a 36 inch waist - so I don't think being 52 is relevant. I'm in the same shape I was when I was 35.

I think I'll always wear them to swim in, for the simple reason they are more practical than shorts.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:58 PM

Actually, they're the only thing on that list I wear!
Old 08-06-2016, 11:30 PM

Default I'm not sure why....

I'm not sure why these guys linked age to not wearing skinny jeans. The jeans you wear should fit your body build irrespective of your age. Age is not the issue. A lean ectomorph will l look great in skinny jeans, even at an older age.

If you assume that every guy in his upper 20s or older has a waist size much larger than his chest size, this might make sense. But that is simply not true But some muscular guys have large thighs and would not.

I'm 68, 150 lbs, and routinely wear skinny jeans waist size 30 or 31 inches. I get compliments on my choice.

Sebbie
Old 08-20-2016, 02:56 AM

Wear what you want to wear, be who you are. Speedos at 85 are no more less appropriate than board shorts at 85. If Sebbie can rock tight jeans, why not. If the guy next to him prefers poly blend slacks, who cares?
Old 08-20-2016, 02:37 PM

Default The problem is,....

A lot of guys, as they get older, gradually pay less attention to their overall weight and fitness level. A lot of guys seem to think that this is just a normal part of aging, but it doesn't have to be. I track my weight hawk-like with an accurate digital scale every day. I now have daily data extending back 6 years. I'm not on any special diet but I do tend to spend a lot of time on my stationary rowers and on my stationary bike. I watch TV while doing this, so its kind a couch potato activity but with exercise. Here is my body weight as of Aug 20 tracking back to 2011.

2011 151.8 lb
2012 152.2
2013 146.6
2014 146.8
2015 149.2
2016 (today) 147.8 lb

I wandered into McDonalds Sunday morning a few weeks ago and the young fellow at the counter took my order for a breakfast sandwich. Then he said "I really like your jeans!" I was surprised at the comment, and all I could do is smile broadly and say "Thank You" The jeans I was wearing were Denizen Skinny Fit that I had found on a rack at an off-price store. I do admit they fit me like whoever was sewing them knew exactly my body shape and the fit is really smooth!

Sebbie!
Old 08-20-2016, 04:33 PM

Sebbie, respectfully I do not see the problem. Some guys are perfectly happy being older and more heavy while you and I are much happier being fit and trim. I am not quite the same age as you, but pretty close. Your weight is impressive, just as I weigh exactly the same now as I did my senior year of high school and wear the same waist size and same size swimsuit (I still fit in the few old team suits I have saved). That said, I have a friend who is much more full figured and perfectly content. Who am I to judge him, just as I am glad he does not judge me. Meanwhile, keep rocking those skinny jeans.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:58 PM

My only problem with the idea of adding weight as you age is that I see a lot of guys my age who were much better athletes than I, and now have been confronted with a lot of very serious health related problems. A lot of the health problems seem to have excess weight as an underlying key factor. Keeping trim and fit is a lifelong activity, and many guys after they reach a certain age just give up on the quest. Being able to continue to wear my suits and skinny jeans as I get older is incentive to keep on the quest!
Old 01-20-2017, 04:32 AM

I have been wearing them since the '60s which will give a clue to my age and despite all efforts have had to go up a size since my 20's but still feel at home in a pair of snug
fitting pair of aussiebums.
Too much attention addressed to the Adonis. body in briefs which few actually possess at any age.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:50 AM

The age at which you should stop writing crap articles about what people should stop wearing and at what age is about 16. Worrying about what others are wearing should drop away as you reach sexual maturity and gain a little self confidence. Wear what you want to and tolerate what other's are doing however strange you may feel it is, get a life.