Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Off Topic > Off Topic Chat and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2014, 09:45 PM

Default Warwick rowers

Being a (67 y/o) stationary rower, I was wondering howthe upper body physique compared with that of the competitive swimmers. I think they are ahead, maybe.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...ml?cps=gravity

Sebbie
Old 12-11-2014, 11:45 AM

Seem like very level headed boys. Good looking and a head on their shoulders, how rare.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:56 AM

It is interesting that a group of straight guys would come up with the whole idea of all doing naked pictures. They are clearly comfortable with each other as a team. I like that they still kept the pics in good taste, all the vitals are actually still covered from view. As to their muscularity, I think they could easily be either swimmers or rowers. They are very nice looking young men.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:13 AM

Many sports teams, mostly NOT from the US, have done this. I have several DVD's of footballers posing for the camera as a fund raiser. Damn this country is soooooo up tight.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:51 AM

Default a short rant...

I assume the this country you refer to is the USA. I really don't buy into the uptight USA stuff. I have worn brief swimwear all my life and it has never been an issue. I have been to many other supposedly more accepting places and I see the same board shorts, and the beaches look very much the same as they are here... very few guys in anything but shorts to their knees.. In Australia, for example, there are certain beaches where slight swimsuits are quite prevalent and others where they are not... just as we have here. In fact, the one place where I was flatly told my swimsuit was inappropriate was in the supposed mecca of briefs...Australia, I guess I am just fed up with the grass is always greener syndrome so many express on this board. It really is the same grass. Now, before everyone throws back at me that board shorts were a USA invention and it ruined it for everyone... boardies are actually as much Australian as they are US. In fact, many historical perspectives give the land down under credit for their beginnings.

STS
Old 12-12-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimTeamSpeedo
I really don't buy into the uptight USA stuff. I have worn brief swimwear all my life and it has never been an issue.
STS

Agree!

In fact, I think wannabe Speedo wearers can be their own worst enemy. They seem to need safety in numbers, perceiving that without it, everybody else at the beach is judging them.

I can't count the number of times I've set up camp at a beach or pool, stripped down to my swim brief, and had guys nearby suddenly strip off their dork shorts to reveal Speedos beneath, once I'd broken the taboo. One can only assume that had I not shown up, they'd still be over-dressed, stewing about the uptight USA.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:07 PM

No one wants to show up dressed very differently from the norm at whatever location you are at. Show up at a funeral wearing a light-colored jacket when every other guy is wearing a black suit and see how you feel. If a lot of the guys are in Speedos, you will feel comfortable doing the same Suppose ONE Warwick rower shows up nude and all of the others are wearing their rowing singlets, how would the nude guy feel? But since ALL the guys are nude....

Finding the pose that keeps the male genitalia still covered in some way is in each photo that looks almost accidental is part of the fun of the Warwick calendar.

We all are creatures of the notion that we want to not wear something too different from the others we are with, irrespective of what country we are in.

I gather a lot of the Asian swimmers are quite comfortable wearing those suits that reveal a lot of their butt cracks, as the other guys are doing similar, but at a US swimming venue this might be considered extreme.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:54 PM

Default The calendar I would like to see...

Same guys and same black-and-white/sephia monotone photos, but each guy clad in a skimpy Speedo of a different color, and the only things in color in the photo are the tiny Speedo suits!

More fun than the nudity, by far.

Sebbie
Old 12-19-2014, 07:05 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbie
Same guys and same black-and-white/sephia monotone photos, but each guy clad in a skimpy Speedo of a different color, and the only things in color in the photo are the tiny Speedo suits!

More fun than the nudity, by far.

Sebbie

I agree, that would really be a fun calendar to look at. I think that looking at someone in a skimpy suit is far more of a turn on than looking at the same person nude.

D67
Old 12-20-2014, 12:06 PM

And now there is a video…….

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...=3937771786001