Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Speedo Member

Default Bikini Bottoms

Hi guys, I'm new here. I stumbled across this forum and liked what I saw.

Last year was the first time I have ever worn smaller swim wear. I already wear skimpy underwear (thongs, strings, cheekies, etc) and GF loves it. Last summer we were bikini shopping for my GF and she saw a bikini bottom that she said would look good on me. I said I'm not wearing a girls bikini bottom to the pool. She countered with the fact that it doesn't look like a girls bikini bottom, and it is sexy as hell. Its not tie side, or string side or anything. Infact the only way you would know is if you knew the small logo stitched on the hip.

It was a Roxy bikini bottom, and wore it to the local pool. The first time I swam in it, I was hooked. I love the feeling of freedom in the water and how fast I dry when I get out. I surely don't miss the feeling of a wet mop hanging from my waist. My GF loves it, she thinks it is sexy and I havent heard any negative comments at the pools, even over the winter when were at a hotel pool.

I know have a bunch of different bottoms in different colors patterns and styles. I do have 2 bottoms that have "roxy" written all over them, and I wear those too. My GF likes them alot, and as long as she likes to see me in them, I will wear them. I have worn them at the hotel pool a few times and no one has said a thing.

Now the question, am I the only one who wear girls bikini bottoms? anyone else ever tried it? I dont like the look and style of the guys ones and the ones I do like are really expensive whereas a girls bikini bottom can be had for under $20 all day, sometimes even less on ebay. I dont like the guys styles, they are either to much like tighty whitey underwear or they fit like a garbage bag over the crotch. I have found the womens styles are available in much better cuts, fits and colors.

I am rather well endowed and had bit of trial and error finding the brands that fit well. The two that I found fit the best for holding junk in is Victorias Secret (though they seem to run big, I wear a small from them) and Roxy (I wear a medium).

Of course I have pics. What are your thoughts? anyone else try it or do it? I know this is a Speedo board but you guys seem to be pretty open minded so I figured I might be accepted here with this idea....

Here is my first Roxy bikini last year...

This is a Victorias Secret one I got last fall for $2.99 from the VS website under Clearance

Am I the only one? thoughts and or comments?
Old 05-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Speedo Member

Here is the new one I just got...

Old 05-05-2012, 01:55 PM

Hi notmyj, and welcome to the forum!

The forum's title says "briefs, bikinis, and more" so you've come to the right place, even if many of us (speaking strictly for myself, because I don't really know) have no experience wearing women's bikini bottoms. You're going to find an active community here with a few of us who post frequently, and of course the nasty lurkers who are willing to suck up the board's energy, but never participate.

Looking at the pictures, the only suit that kind of says "girls" to me is the rear of the middle one with the circles. Not sure why, but that just looks like it belongs on a girl's butt. It also looks too crowded in front (IMHO).

The first one, although really tiny doesn't read that way at all and looks hot, hot, hot. The blue band sets and defines where your goodies go. Since the suit was designed without accommodation for a guy, it's amazing how well it fits! I had a similarly shaped suit once, but it was Speedo brand, designed for men, and didn't fit half as good as yours.

So, I've got a couple questions. First, what are "cheekies"? And how did you get full size pictures to appear in your message? I've been sticking a bunch of pictures up recently, have had to jump through major hoops to get them down to the 78kb file size limit, and they appear as little thumbnails at the bottom inserted of in the message itself.

Since Byron is URL challenged, Louis by language, and apparently me by lack of knowledge of the forum's software, perhaps we need a instruction manual.

Last edited by Lap Counter : 05-05-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lap Counter
Hi notmyj, and welcome to the forum!

The forum's title says "briefs, bikinis, and more" so you've come to the right place, even if many of us (speaking strictly for myself, because I don't really know) have no experience wearing women's bikini bottoms. You're going to find an active community here with a few of us who post frequently, and of course the nasty lurkers who are willing to suck up the board's energy, but never participate.

Looking at the pictures, the only suit that kind of says "girls" to me is the rear of the middle one with the circles. Not sure why, but that just looks like it belongs on a girl's butt. It also looks too crowded in front (IMHO).

The first one, although really tiny doesn't read that way at all and looks hot, hot, hot. The blue band sets and defines where your goodies go. Since the suit was designed without accommodation for a guy, it's amazing how well it fits!

So, I've got a couple questions. First, what are "cheekies"? And how did you get full size pictures to appear in your message? I've been sticking a bunch of pictures up recently, have had to jump through major hoops to get them down to the 78kb file size limit, and they appear as little thumbnails at the bottom inserted of in the message itself.

Since Byron is URL challenged, Louis by language, and apparently me by lack of knowledge of the forum's software, perhaps we need a instruction manual.

Yeah, the one with the circles is bordeline, I will admit. Its actually not as crowded as it looks. I was partially aroused when the pic were taken because my GF was was being really....supportive

As for the first one, it is easily my favorite style from Roxy I have a couple of them with different patterns/colors. It fits well and the wide band helps hole everything in place. I love how little the back is, makes for great tan lines and I feel sexy wearing it. I also was amazed how well it fits considering it was designed for a girl, I honestly thought I would be hanging out of the sides but it works very well.

As for the cheekies.... They are girls underwear... I like the vast array of designs, colors, cuts, and materials. Luckily, my GF was ok with me wearing what I do. I should clarify that I dont dress up like a girl, I dont wear girls clothes, bras or dresses or anything like that. Its not a sexual fetish, I just decided to break out of the norm of plain underwear or over priced "designer" underwear and wear what I liked. Again, it took alot of trial and error but I found what fits. I have pics, but not sure if it would be appropriate as this is a swim wear board. lol.

I upload my pics to photobucket.com. Its a free hosting site that you can keep your pics at. You can create different albums and organize your pics. The reason you can get away with big pics is that since they are hosted at different site, the size restriction at this site is not relevant. The pics are uploaded and stored at photobucket then simply linked to this forum. Although the forum rules here only allow a max of 4 images per post.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmyj
I was partially aroused when the pic were taken because my GF was was being really....supportive

That happens to me a lot when I aim my camera at my Speedo'ed crotch. Down boy! Down!
Old 05-05-2012, 02:45 PM

Default Roxy etc.

Yes, surprisingly good fit - would one ever know from a pic?

The front package is much as we might see on the Japanese
speedo guys after all - but it is not the butt of the suit with
rings where I would take a second look but the butt with the
diagonal stripes.

It sure would be fun to know whether any AB lovers would
ever discard theirs after this !

PS:Cutting down on over-ambitious URLs but
sucessfully got a patch of grass onto off-topic.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Speedo Member

The one with the rings and the one with the stripes are the same bikini, just different design. I guess the angle of the camera and the way it is on me makes it seem different. I could probably get better comparison pics if that would help clear it up, but they are the same.

I also would be curious if anyone else tries bikini bottoms. I have never noticed any other guys wear them, but then again, I never see other guys in brief swim wear either...
Old 05-05-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmyj
I also would be curious if anyone else tries bikini bottoms. I have never noticed any other guys wear them, but then again, I never see other guys in brief swim wear either...

While scuba diving in Mexico, I noticed the dive guide was wearing a suit that certainly seemed like a bikini bottom, briefer than your suits. It had to be super-brief to stand out, because most scuba divers wear Speedos under the wetsuit, and then sun & air dry in just the Speedo afterwards.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Speedo Member

I am hoping for our honeymoon in the Domican Republic (maybe next summer/fall) I will spend the entire week in my swimsuits. As it is right now, I haven't worn them out too much as this just started towards the end of last summer. I have to admit, I am still a little shy walking into the pool wearing just bikini bottoms. Last summer I was wearing my board shorts over the bikini and only removing them to lay out on the towels. When I was swimming, i would put my board shorts back on. This was how I was untill the very end, then I finally said, "screw it, I'm doing what I want". Thats when I shed my board shorts, and walked into the pool from the towels with my GF. It was at that moment that I decided I was a brief swimwear guy.

The feeling of not having all the clothing on me was amazing. So free and able to move better. I did feel sexy in it too, when I was walking back to our towels in the grass dripping with water.

This year I am planning on leaving the board shorts at home so I have no choice but swim in my skimpy swim wear. You guys have any words of encouragement for a guy who is making a change to brief swim wear completely? I mean, I have worn them out to the pools (the first pic was taken by my GF at the local pool last summer), but I still have reservations about it.... I guess it just takes time to become completely comfortable in them...
Old 05-05-2012, 04:06 PM

LOL - if you went through all the archives you would see such a lot of anxt about "speedo friendly beaches" let alone "bikini bottom friendly beaches".

Simply choose the appropriate place not to cause public uproar or arrest and go for it
(but that feeling of freedom you seem to have experienced already is what you have come to enjoy so I guess you don't need much persuading).

Mrs Grundy will no doubt be caused some confusion so we will keep her guessing.

Btw do the girls have the same choice of weight, type and stretch of fabric as in guys trying to select the best speedo for themselves?