Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2018, 07:43 PM

Default 1st time wearing bikini/swim brief in public

Hey Guys,

I'll be going to Vegas next week with the wife and I will be wearing aronik swim briefs with the thin strap and a couple of addicted ones. I've always wanted too but just know got the courage and confidence to do it.. Wanted to know how was your first time exprerience.

Ive worn the trunk style before but these will definitely be shorter. More skin per say.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:09 PM

Today it seems the public is used to things that may be a bit different. I would wear the bikini under athletic shorts through the hotel and onto the pool deck. look around and I bet you see another bikini clad man. Even if you don't, you and the wife find a couple of chairs, drop the cotton, and enjoy the moment.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:05 PM

Passing my driving test and buying my first car meant that I could go to the swimming pool straight from work. I was a runner and I wore the shortest, shiniest, most slit up the sides shorts I could find. I kept getting hip/ hamstring injuries that took ages to recover, years later I discovered that being deaf in one ear I turned my head to one side to hear forwards and this was unbalancing me and causing the injuries. Unable to run I went swimming, I really hated the navy square cuts my mother had bought me for use in the school outdoor pool. The plain black nylon 3" Speedo briefs in the sports shop seemed so much more exciting.
They seemed so light when I tried them on in the shop, so insubstantial, I felt myself rising as I went to the till to pay pretending everything was normal.
I rose again at the pool the first time I wore them, I had to dash from the locker room to poolside and jump in quickly before anyone noticed. Once in the water they just felt so good to swim in.
A few weeks later I got the 2" side black nylon ones with the red and white flashes on the sides.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:07 AM

It's nerve racking to get the courage up to slip off your shorts the first time. It will be for a little while until your get used to it. The best advice I can give you is to take off your shorts as soon as you're all set up at your chair. If you wait to do it, it will be more obvious that you're nervous and you might chicken out. Take off your shirt, drop the shorts, and act like it is a normal thing (even though it's completely normal). Keep your head up when going into the pool and display confidence. This is key. Once you go into the water the first time and walk out, it's almost like you want to keep getting up to show off your speedo. Just do it and you're day will be amazing.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:59 PM

Wearing a speedo around a pool or on the beach shouldn't be cause for distress. Everyone instinctively checks out new arrivals. They are curious as to who is arriving and if they know them, if they are good looking, and your natural self preservation wants to know if they appear to be a threat. In other words, it is natural to be checked out. Its your presence more than your attire. You do it, we all do.
To look and feel more confident when you arrive and are "setting up", first take off your shorts and leave the shirt on. You will be comfortable and the shirt will act as a partial cover of your speedo as you move about. Last thing you do before sitting is remove the shirt. (don't look around - that is a give away you aren't totally comfortable and fearing judgement) If you appear confident, you will feel confident. Remember, you are wearing appropriate attire for your surroundings.
NEVER NEVER spread out your towel then sit or lay on it and slither out of your shorts and shirt. First you look ridiculous, Second it will create more curiosity by onlookers -"why is he doing that?" - "what's he wearing?" You are actually drawing more attention. Lastly, if you can't even stand to reveal the speedos under your shorts -- you aren't ready.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave
Wearing a speedo around a pool or on the beach shouldn't be cause for distress. Everyone instinctively checks out new arrivals. They are curious as to who is arriving and if they know them, if they are good looking, and your natural self preservation wants to know if they appear to be a threat. In other words, it is natural to be checked out. Its your presence more than your attire. You do it, we all do.
To look and feel more confident when you arrive and are "setting up", first take off your shorts and leave the shirt on. You will be comfortable and the shirt will act as a partial cover of your speedo as you move about. Last thing you do before sitting is remove the shirt. (don't look around - that is a give away you aren't totally comfortable and fearing judgement) If you appear confident, you will feel confident. Remember, you are wearing appropriate attire for your surroundings.
NEVER NEVER spread out your towel then sit or lay on it and slither out of your shorts and shirt. First you look ridiculous, Second it will create more curiosity by onlookers -"why is he doing that?" - "what's he wearing?" You are actually drawing more attention. Lastly, if you can't even stand to reveal the speedos under your shorts -- you aren't ready.

i disagree with removing the shirt last. if you do remove the shirt last make sure its not a long shirt that covers the entire speedo. If it does this could make it look like you are wearing nothing at all and cause unwanted attention.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega1210
i disagree with removing the shirt last. if you do remove the shirt last make sure its not a long shirt that covers the entire speedo. If it does this could make it look like you are wearing nothing at all and cause unwanted attention.

I agree. The shirt and speedo look is not a good one. I do agree that you should not look around while your dropping your shorts, it does make it more obvious that you're uncomfortable. Scope out the crowd and location before you find your place to setup.

One more thing, if you feel really nervous once your speedos are off, keep your sunglasses on and/or wear earbuds with some music. I find that it mentally defines my own space that no one else can enter. And like I said, keep your head up when your walking anywhere in your speedo. Don't look down. Be proud and no one will think twice. Trust me, it took me a long time to build up my confidence when wearing my speedo in public, but now I hardly think twice about it.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:01 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega1210

With you there, buddy. I tend to keep the shirt in the car so I only need to remove flip-flops and shorts once on the beach.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:32 PM

Once you are stripped down to your swim brief/ bikini do something, swim a few lengths, play basketball, read you book or device. Sitting there scanning the "crowds" to see who is watching you will catch their eyes and make them look at you. Appearing nervous will draw attention to you. Appearing confident yet boring will give you time to settle in and get used to your condition. Then after a while you'll forget your self consciousness and should someone stop by to speak to you you'll chat normally. Maybe they'll say what a lovely warm day it is and how you seem suitably dressed for it, you'll smile and say it's my first time wearing these then they'll say they wished they were as brave as you.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:53 PM

First some clarification -- when I said leave the shirt on I sis not mean a shirt that is a cover up. One that goes to the waist above the top of the suit. (I prefer button up, a faded Hawaiian) The movement of the shirt does a little cover but still shows enough suit to let it be known you have on a speedo and not too shy to show it. I usually set up then walk with unbuttoned shirt to the bar for a beverage.
I disagree that after stripping down to your speedo creating activities to see if you are being noticed sound a bit desperate or insecure. Do what you came to the pool to do. Do some laps or open a book and read. Don't check out the rest of the crowd to see if they are looking. Unless you are at a gay pool/beach and your objective is to hook up, not looking around gives the impression of confidence and that is a better look than need for approval.