Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2018, 10:30 AM

The diving board is temporarily out of action as there is some sort of underwater obstruction - divers are going to have to go down and explore.

The Men's Pond is still very much open for swimming though - and the Speedo count is definitely well up this year!
Old 08-10-2018, 08:54 PM
Speedo Member

Chris Geary Closed Down His Site June 2018 But Most On Facebook.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:34 AM

The diving board is back in action this week. Divers did a check around the jetty area, and found an underwater obstruction which has now been removed.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:05 PM

Lightbulb Put those crawdad's to best use!

https://tinyurl.com/y9yz582x

Recipe by: Bonnie Lang Turnage-Mortgage O "Here in Louisiana, there's nothing better than this classic during crawfish season. This recipe is easy and can be substituted with shrimp when crawfish are out of season. Even better when served with hot garlic French bread! Start cooking the rice first since this is a quick and easy dish."
Old 08-20-2018, 07:32 AM
Speedo Member

Good to hear the diving board is back in use - it's one of the great things about the place. Always impressed with guys who can manage somersault dives - never been that good myself - can just about manage a straightforward "angel dive". Always find it's a lot easier to dive or jump into cold water rather than slowly lowering in down a ladder. Any idea exactly what the "obsturction" was? - supermarket trolley perhaps...
Old 08-22-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedobilly
Good to hear the diving board is back in use - it's one of the great things about the place. Always impressed with guys who can manage somersault dives - never been that good myself - can just about manage a straightforward "angel dive". Always find it's a lot easier to dive or jump into cold water rather than slowly lowering in down a ladder. Any idea exactly what the "obsturction" was? - supermarket trolley perhaps...

Apparently it was some sort of metal pole. No-one has any idea how it got there.

I can't do the somersault dives either, but I've rediscovered my ability to do a normal one
Old 08-23-2018, 08:23 AM
Speedo Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetbear1961
Apparently it was some sort of metal pole. No-one has any idea how it got there.

I can't do the somersault dives either, but I've rediscovered my ability to do a normal one

Think you have to be a natural gymnast, and have a lot of confidence (daring) to do somersaults. Some people just haveit, but most, I think, don't - I fall into the latter category... sigh...
Old 09-22-2018, 10:18 AM

The Summer Season is ending - the Pond will close at 4.30pm from Monday 24th September, and will be further pushed back in n-mid/late October, probably to 2.30pm. I reckon my swim yesterday evening will be the last of the year. Water is now about 16C which is still quite pleasant.

At least this week I achieved my aim, which was to swim five continuous circuits of the Pond before the end of the season. Considering when I restarted my swimming last year I struggled to get round once, I'm pretty pleased with that. Also I'm 12 kilos lighter and fitter, so I can dive properly again .

So it's London Fields Lido for me now. Four times a week, with a twenty-five minute walk each way, should help my fitness and weight loss continue through the Winter.

Last edited by Wetbear1961 : 09-22-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:59 AM
Speedo Member

How warm does the water get om summer then - top temperature of ??
16C made me smile - at the pool where I usually swim the water temperature is 26C, but occasionally they take it down to 24C - and everybody notices and complains - just that little makes a real difference. I know its all different when swimming outdoors - especially if it's sunny and warm. Missing those hot summer days already ... sigh
Old 10-03-2018, 09:28 AM

The Pond got up to 25C this summer - which to be honest I wasn't keen on. It's a good temperature for a swimming pool, but doesn't feel right for open water. I prefer around 18-20C and will happily swim in lower.

Last edited by Wetbear1961 : 10-03-2018 at 09:39 AM.