Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2017, 02:24 PM

All good questions Louis. I don't know why men here in northern NJ are so timid. I know that I have a difficult time trying to swim with five pounds of shorts tangled up between my knees. But most of the time I'm the only one wearing briefs, go figure.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoGuy74
Hi everyone,

Just joined, and as you can tell from my username, I'm in Colorado, Boulder to be exact.

Is there any one else in the area who might need a swimming or water polo buddy?

A few years ago, lap swim at either Scott Carpenter or Spruce pools was a total Speedo Fest.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:16 PM

Default hi

The photos of surf-lifesavers from long ago here in Cape Town all had speedos, but now everyone wears boardies. I wear boardies on the beach because I am a bit embarrassed not to, but I like having a speedo tanline which I get in the garden. I swim lengths in a speedo at the pool.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:18 PM

If you find yourself in the situation where no speedos are visible on a beach you may choose to conform and wear big baggy long boardies, you may rebel and wear speedos but be made to feel highly uncomfortable, or you could wear shorts a bit shorter and neater than the others and set an example they can follow. Whatever length of shorts the majority choose, select something maybe 4" shorter. Those who remember the freedom of shorter shorts will follow your example while many younger guys brought up with board shorts will be inspired and follow your example.
Be prepared for the day when the majority are wearing shorts the same length as yours and have a pair of shorts 4" sorter than that at the ready.

The main beach alongside a town with adjacent parking will tend to attract people conforming to the current fashion. Perhaps you need to go to a quieter beach outside town that requires a bit of walking to reach. With fewer people there maybe you will be able to wear your speedos in peace.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:26 PM

Recently spent several days at the Gulf coast. Public beach with families and singles. I probably was the only one in a Speedo. Did not see anyone else. It was boardshort city, but I did not care and loved the surf and sun. I think that if you like the suit and love wearing it, then wear it. I did like getting a smile or two from the young ladies in very brief bikinis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170803_112507 (Copy).jpg (75.3 KB, 135 views)

Last edited by lapswimmer : 08-23-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:02 AM

new member as of yesterday, not sure if i already answered this on some other thread, but located in Los Angeles, CA in the USA, 30. Swimming brief/thong enthusiast/fetishist and delighted to cyber meet all in the forum
Old 12-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Speedo Member

Fort Lauderdale FL here.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:37 AM

Another recently-joined Brit here (in the wider sense of the Isles) - I'm part-Celt too as my mother's side of the family has Irish roots, although my father's side are of Viking origin - my grandmother was a classic of the type.

I'm a big bear of a man who currently divides his time between London and the South Devon coast, and have rediscovered my love of swimming (and Speedos) again after some years, going to Highgate Pond in the Summer and sea swimming in Devon. I noticed there were a few more Speedos around at the Pond this year as well as several guys wearing jammers. As for Devon, well I sometimes feel like I'm the only Speedo wearer in town - but I don't care, that's not going to stop me

Last edited by Wetbear1961 : 12-18-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:14 AM
Speedo Member

Back in the Netherlands and travel around. Now thinking about Greece or Spain for next summer. Also Australia or the States possible.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:31 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bond231

New member here.
27 from London.

Wear my speedos proudly to the pool (or anytime I make it to a beach!)