Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2014, 11:25 PM

Smile Swim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorcas3
I think that the best way to get guys comfortable in wearing speedos is to get them to swim-preferably doing laps. Everything points to a brief suit as being the thing to wear when trying to optimise performance. If you get to wearing them in the pool you will gradually feel more at "home" in them-starting with your time in the pool area, locker room and walking between them. At times I have jumped out of the pool and gone to the parking lot in them to check the meter. As for washing windows at home and vehicles it may seem a little strange to others as it would if you went shopping. You gotta have shorts with pockets for that! I really feel for guys that continue to be shy about wearing them because they feel so great. Nude is of course better but that would be a little over the top-maybe 20 years from now. I continue to wear mostly Caussies and Turbos-each are somewhat different.but enjoyable. If you can't swim take a few lessons and begin by wearing speedos it shows your dedication and the instructors-guy our girl will understand. I have found that female instructors have a lot more patience with you and will be wearing a suit as brief as yours! Do It.

dorcas3,

As usual your remarks are very well thought out and make complete sense. As most people on the board know, I am a new serious swimmer, not quite 3 months. I started out wearing briefs that I already had, but none were tight enough to be comfortable swimming laps. I got several new ones, some Turbos, some Nikes, and some Sportis, all low cut, tight with 2-2.5" sides. I've been swimming in them exclusively at a my local Y among a very nice, friendly group of men and women. A few guys wear speedos that have longer side seams; mine are, by far the smallest. I feel perfectly comfortable wearing them and there hasn't even been a hint of disapproval. So, I fully agree that if you wear brief suits to do lap swimming, it is the natural setting and activity and those swimming along with you will not bat an eyelash.

D67
Old 08-20-2014, 03:44 AM

I agree with Dooley67 and dorcas3. Its better to get used to wearing a Speedo while doing the activity its designed for, swimming laps. All of the guys I swim with wear swim briefs. They would laugh me out of the pool if I tried to swim in something other than briefs.

Last edited by shaulis : 08-20-2014 at 03:47 AM.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:19 PM

Default mountains and molehills

This article on US homophobia is from Brazil SIX YEARS ago - its content I could recite in my sleep - so, any bigoted attitudes changed yet? (see last line)
http://brasilmagic.wordpress.com/200...an-homophobia/

Last edited by Byron : 08-23-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:28 PM

Good article
Old 08-23-2014, 08:43 PM

I agree knikon good article.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:55 PM

Smile

I agree that it is a good article as well. The content is very much like what we've been saying in the 85 comments that preceded mine, but it is nice to see that our opinions are validated.

D67
Old 08-24-2014, 08:01 PM

Default homophobia

I think I know what is intended in the post but the English composition is mangled.
Words of last week cannot be "validated" by words of six years ago which have only just been drawn to your attention - you have illogically reversed the time frame.
You can say you are pleased to read similar sentiments from the past - though of course you should not been pleased if nothing has changed in six years in America - hence the question was asked but it has most unintelligently been ignored with responses only of "good article".
Old 08-24-2014, 08:47 PM

Thumbs down

Byron,

You are absolutely right because you are all knowing and the rest of us know nothing. It must be very lonely at the top with no one of you intellect to interact with (oh my goodness, I ended a sentence with a preposition).

It would be a very good idea if you learned to be more tactful and less insulting in your comments to fellow board members. Nobody else attacks like you do except in a defensive posture when you have done so first.

But oh, I waste my words.

D67
Old 08-25-2014, 01:31 AM

Default In simple words

Byron, shut up.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:23 AM

Default my orders....

May I combine lightening up with shutting up or are they to be entirely separate modes of conduct ?
Anyway the latter is easy as I just noted my total posts - over 3000 in less than three years - so target achieved and time to depart.
I leave you with the immortal words of Groucho Marx: I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member.