Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2016, 12:24 PM

Speedomom Keep us posted on how this all goes. If he doesnt want to wear the brief as swimwear, he still has a great liner for shorts.

In a hotel pool setting, wearing a swim brief under cotton shorts works very well, as you wear the cotton shorts over the brief and a tee shirt when wandering through halls, elevators and the public lobby area. Then when you get to the pool just slip out of the shorts and tee shirt and pop into the pool in only the swim brief. The shorts, tee and and a towel stay on a lounge chair pool side. Then when you get out of the pool, you lay on the lounge chair for a few minutes until the briefs are dry, and they dry quickly. Then slip on the still-dry shorts and wander back through the hotel lobby, elevator and halls to your room.

Same thing at public hot tubs.

To me, having a pair of swim briefs to wear under shorts is an essential item for any hotel stay where there are pool or hot tub facilities, and I can't imagine a vacation where this would not often be the case. Also, the shorts worn over do not need to be specifically made for swimming this way. If you want to get fancy, you can probably find shorts and swim briefs that coordinate design and color-wise. A great gift would be a colorful tee, a pair of cotton shorts, and a swim brief that all coordinate and look good together!

(The timid could wear jammers instead of a brief under the cotton shorts, too. Some guys like the look of the compression jammers showing a couple inches below the shorts, but they have been watching a lot of basketball where many players think that look is way cool! If I were 18 again I would own both the brief and the jammers, probably)

Sebbie
Old 02-29-2016, 01:06 PM

Why do I think this post was started my a Troll? Because there have been no responses that's why.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:22 PM

Default Not true

Speedomom responded yesterday afternoon
Old 02-29-2016, 05:00 PM

Mom glad to hear he is independent and shops on his own. There is nothing wrong with Mom shopping with her son as long as she isn't picking out.
i still shop with my mom and it is fun - especially when it is her credit card.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:56 AM

It's interesting to see the different directions in which boys and girls' suits go as they get older. My best friend and her husband have a daughter the same age as my son. We regularly have Sunday dinner at their house and frequently end the night with a dip in their hot tub.

When the kids started wearing swimsuits, my son was in a brief and their daughter wore a one piece suit. My son switched to shorts and then boardshorts. Their daughter eventually started wearing tankinis, then bikinis, and these days her swimsuit is practically a thong. He got more conservative as she got more, well, naked.

I had coffee with my friend and mentioned my son's Speedo interest. She started laughing and told me she had a confession. Her husband is a Speedo lover! We've known each other since our kids were babies, and somehow I never knew. I almost didn't believe her, but she pulled up a vacation picture on her phone and there he was wearing only a Speedo. He only wears them in private. My friend has always been a bit embarrassed by them, so he keeps them hidden.

We have dinner plans next Sunday, so I asked if she thought he could wear them while we're there. She said she'd ask. I got a text from her later that said: "Speedo Sunday is on!"
Old 03-02-2016, 11:36 AM

My bet is that is that if your son sees another guy wearing a speedo, he will soon be wearing one too. This is all about seeing what the other guys are wearing and doing. Mention what is up in this regard to your son before Sunday and he may want to do some shopping before then. He can do the boardshorts over the speedo technique and then remove the boardshorts as he gets into the tub.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:52 AM

He's fairly comfortable around me and (briefly) managed to be free with my sister's family too, which is why I think he might be open to the idea of wearing a swim brief in public. Like most boys, he grew more modest when he hit puberty. He'd always hide his body at home, but, since he was a minor and his dad wasn't around, I'd accompany my son to the doctor. His general practitioner and dermatologist both had him undress completely, so I'd get the occasional look at him nude growing up.

Last summer, my sister and her husband invited us to spend a week at the lakeside cabin they'd purchased a few months earlier. She has two boys, 5 and 7, and a 3 year old girl. Before we went up, she warned me that her husband and the kids had taken to swimming nude. She'd make sure her husband covered up while we were there, but couldn't make any promises for the kids. I told her it would be fine.

When we got there, we found that the kids were practically nudists. My son, of course, wore his shorts. They wanted to know why their dad was dressed, but he just told them he felt like doing something different. They were persistent in their questions, however. My son and I were sharing a room with two twin beds. The first night, before we went to bed, I asked if he'd mind his uncle swimming nude, since that's what they prefer. He said he didn't care.

At breakfast the next morning, I told my sister that her husband was free to dress (or not!) as he wished. He went swimming nude that day and for the rest of our visit.

The following day, my son slept in. I came in to wake him up and tidied up a bit. Without thinking about it, I tossed a pair of underwear that was next to his bed into our laundry. He was awake, but still lying in bed, so I asked if everything was okay. He said yes, but confessed that he'd been sleeping naked. He'd been intending to slip on the underwear I'd thrown in the laundry. I laughed, and left to give him some privacy.

That night after we got ready for bed, he was a bit awkward. He was probably remembering the encounter from that morning. I sleep nude at home, so I told him. Then I asked if he'd mind me sleeping nude, since he'd already broken the ice. He said okay. I undressed and slipped under the covers. My son waited a moment, then dropped his briefs and quickly got into bed. I turned out the light and we went to sleep.

So it went. Each night we'd undress and each night we'd linger for just a bit longer before getting into bed. One morning towards the end of our trip, I'd finished my shower. I wrapped my towel around my body and went to wake him up. I'm not sure what compelled me, but I figured what the hell, took off the towel, and wrapped it around my head. When he woke up he was surprised, but not offended, at seeing my body. I told him it was his turn in the shower, then went back into the bathroom to finish getting ready.

He followed shortly after and hurriedly got in the shower. When he was done, he reached outside and grabbed a towel. He pulled the curtain aside and was wrapped in the towel. My son used the sink next to mine, occasionally stealing glances at me. I thought perhaps I'd gone too far, but almost to answer my fears he casually let his towel drop and didn't pick it up. We finished getting ready and went out to join the others for breakfast.

It was the second to last night at the cabin. I undressed as soon as we got to our room and my son did too. Before I turned out the light, I told him that I was sure he was welcome to join the others and swim nude if he preferred. He said he'd think about it. The next morning, he didn't need any encouragement to get out of bed and we got ready together again. After breakfast, my son and I went for a walk. When we got back, the others were down by the lake.

We went inside to change into our swimming clothes. After we'd undressed, but before my son had pulled on his shorts, I reminded him that he was welcome to go without a swimsuit. I'd asked my sister earlier, and she'd given her blessing. He seemed to be considering it. To push him over the edge I added that I was thinking about going nude too and we could do it together. This did it.

I led the way down to the lake. My brother-in-law and the kids were in the water. My sister was watching them from the shore. She turned and saw us when we got close. My son looked nervous, so I suggested he get into the water. I joined my sister on the shore and explained everything. Then I went to swim with the others.

Eventually we tired and came up onto the shore. I was glad to see my son had relaxed completely. My sister was wearing a bikini, but on seeing the rest us nude decided to join the fun. We spent the rest of the afternoon swimming and lounging until it was time to go inside for dinner. My son seemed disappointed when it was time to get dressed.

We had to leave the next morning. I thought my son might continue to be more open with his body at home, but went back to his old ways. It was nearing the end of summer, and he had a dermatologist appointment scheduled. I was due to see her as well, so I scheduled an appointment for myself at the same time.

When the assistant took us back, she asked if my son wanted to be seen first, so he could wait outside during my exam. I told her it was okay for us to be seen together. She instructed us both to get undressed and left some gowns on the counter. My son was a little nervous, but we both took off our clothes. I picked up the gown and said we probably didn't need them. He looked a little worried, but nodded.

The doctor came in to see us. She was a little surprised at first to find us both naked, but finished our examinations without incident.

Having opened the door again, I asked my son during the ride home if he'd be okay with my being naked occasionally at home. He said okay.

School started a week later. I'd showered before he woke up. Thinking back to our experience at the cabin, I wrapped a towel around my head and went to his room to wake him up. The next morning I did the same thing and even started coming to breakfast every once in a while similarly clad.

He remained modest until one day I was picking up laundry. He was in his room wrapped in a towel. Before I left, he stopped me and handed me the towel to wash. I gave him a big smile and then left.

Since then, he's been a little more comfortable around me. It's not like we're nudists, but we don't bother to hide.

Sorry for the length, but hopefully you enjoyed learning more about our situation.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:35 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106
Default Did you get him a speedo

Just wondering if you got him one and maybe just left it in his room without talking about it?
Old 03-05-2016, 02:01 AM

My advice is for the kid's father to wear a speedo for swimming or short shorts for running.

An example of "Leading by example".
Old 03-05-2016, 11:48 PM

I mentioned very casually to my son that he should expect to see our friend in a swim brief on Sunday. He seemed unfazed by this and we didn't discuss it further.

After breakfast this morning, I needed to run a few errands and asked my son if he'd like to tag along. He had nothing else planned, so decided to come. My workout bathing suit is getting a bit worn, so I stopped by the swim shop to get a replacement. He wandered around while I tried on a few swimsuits.

After deciding on one, I found my son in the men's section hovering near the swim briefs. Like I had previously, I suggested he try one on. I figured he'd say no, but instead he said okay. He took a plain navy brief off the rack. I waited outside the dressing room while he tried on the swimsuit.

A few minutes had gone by, so I knocked on the door and asked how it was going. He seemed unsure, so I asked if I could come in and take a look. He opened the door, and I went into the dressing room.

The brief looked good, but it was clearly too loose. I told him I'd find a smaller size, and went outside. The store was well stocked, and had one I figured would fit. He took the new brief and closed the door. This time when he let me in to look, it fit properly.

I took the swimsuits up to check out while my son got dressed. Hopefully he'll decide to wear it tomorrow.