Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2016, 11:07 AM

Default Disappearance of bikinis/briefs

I've noticed lately that there's been a decline of men's swim bikinis/briefs available from various online merchants. A few online sellers such as International Jock and DealsByEthan still have their abundant supplies as they've always had, but other shops like mensunderwearstore.com have little to no bikini styles anymore. It's a bummer because I'm trying to find a new bikini or brief for my trip to the Maya Riviera in April.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:12 PM

there are more opportunities than ever to purchase swimwear thanks to the internet. It may take a little effort but a good start is generally Google.
Try asking google for "mens bikini swimwear"
Old 02-05-2016, 08:21 PM

It seems like 'bikini' underwear is disappearing - Jockey used to make a comfortable bikini called "Elance", but I have not seen them at Macy's or JC Penny's for the past year or so - even though they used to carry them all the time?
Old 02-06-2016, 01:48 AM

I stopped by a men's casual wear store in San Francisco and asked why they didn't offer short shorts for men.

He told me that most of the sales are on line rather than through stores and there are a lot of off-the-norm styles available.

Chubbies shorts are like the pre 90s style.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:26 AM

That seems to be the story with a lot of retailers. Macy's used to carry a line of Speedos (including the thongs) as well as other lines. A year ago i went in and they were unpacking the speedos and putting them up on a rack labeled sale. He told me if I was interested he'd sell me one at the sale price (50% off) and toss in another suit for a buck.
This year they didn't stock them at all. Referred those asking to go to their internet store to get them. One of their salesmen said that guys would look at them and some would try them on but seemed to chicken out at actually buying them. Some guys would try to sneak out with them under their clothes after leaving the dressing rooms.
Saks 5th Ave stocked the designer brands with price tags over $125 but the basic Speedos were only sold on line.
In reference to Jockey underwear -- try Walmart. Some of the stores stock a line of Jockey that has everything from boxers to string bikinis. They are made by Jockey but a lesser quality than the ones in Macy's (not lined or single, not double stitched) Still have good quality for the money and the material is good. Not every Walmart has them so you may need to shop a couple stores.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave
there are more opportunities than ever to purchase swimwear thanks to the internet. It may take a little effort but a good start is generally Google.
Try asking google for "mens bikini swimwear"

What I'm saying is that there isn't nearly as many mens bikini styles of swimwear online anymore as compared to maybe 2-3 years ago.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:15 PM

China seems to have taken over the manufacture of the world's underwear and swimwear. Their prices are so low that the bottom has fallen out of the market. If you want to see what they are making in swim bikini lines look at Ebay and Amazon for huge choice and low prices. Though you will find Chinese sizing on the small size and need to upsize against European and American sizing. The Chinese seem to have adopted the low cut style that allows channelling, the top of your ass may show.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:49 PM

Though I agree China has curbed the low-ready to wear echelon of men's swimwear. I, who have a few Chinese made items find them to be terrible.

To solve this issue I shop for vintage 90s and sometimes 80s cut speedos and even have a couple genuine speedo thongs. I fancy that <1 inch waisteline, personally, looks great on the beach here in FL
Old 02-07-2016, 03:13 AM

Would love to see pictures of the speedo thong. Use to have 1. Went to get another and they were discontinued. Wish speedo would bring them back.