Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2023, 06:36 AM
Speedo Member

Default String sided styles

How do you feel about string sided styles ? Both from a stylish point of view and from an acceptability standpoint . My normal wear in a uk pool is a Joe Snyder bikini which I’d say , for those who aren’t familiar , has a one inch side and a three quarter rear and a much briefer than speedo front . Certainly not a pouch but certainly brief .
I have muscle skins styles with more pouch front and half back with 1/4 inch string sides in red which I have worn in adult pool and spa and jacuzzi area quite openly in the canaries . That does take some resolve to walk about in amongst the board shorts wearers but it was fine .
But really my question is …. Assuming 3/4 rear and a decent front pouch how would you feel about using a string sided brief in public …. In a public pool , where 95 pc are wearing board shorts ? Do you even think it is acceptable ?
For me I think I might only do this a) not in my home pool b) possibly a hotel pool
What do you guys think and interesting to hear womens’ perspective if there are any on this board .
Old 01-20-2023, 01:23 PM

I usually wear tight & tiny flat-front suits or thongs which need 1" sides so they can hold tight in surf. My string suits are unlined and feel loose. I even have some where you tie the string. I'm a very hairy guy, so I can wear anything and no one cares at a crowded beach.

Last edited by BikenSwim : 02-13-2023 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-20-2023, 01:24 PM

Cant give you a womens point of view but I see nothing wrong with that. I wear these string side all the time to public pool and the beach. Yea i'm the only one wearing something like this but it doesn't bother me. My wife encourages me to wear them so that helps.

I also wear these when going on longer bike rides with a tank top!
Old 01-20-2023, 02:47 PM
Speedo Member

That red string side looks very cool and exactly the sort of thing I mean . I rather think in uk that it might be questioned in a public pool , but I may be wrong . In effect it’s just a style choice because everything is covered . Some claim to wear as small as joe Snyder Capri or kini in the public pool in the uk . I’ve worn the Capri in fuerteventura round the pool and after a slug of Dutch courage queued at the pool bar in it .
Old 01-20-2023, 04:23 PM

It takes a higher level of skill to make a string bikini than a speedo. Everything is stretchy and moving about, so it is harder to get everything consistent, balanced and in position.
You are more likely to get a 3/4 rather than a full rear as side exposure is the point of this swim suit.
There is no reason that the front pouch should be tiny, that is the choice of the designer and the customer.
With reasonable front pouch coverage there's no reason why a string bikini shouldn't be worn in public, if the public are accepting speedos.
A string bikini doesn't have a draw string so care should be taken when diving and in rough seas.
If the waist elastic of a string bikini is less than 12mm/1/2" it is not really intended to be swum in. The waist elastic should always be encased in lycra for a properly finished swim suit.
Old 01-20-2023, 04:51 PM
Speedo Member

I certainly don’t like really large front coverage with a string side bikini , it just looks clumsy to me . 3/4 back is as big as I want as a seat but half half backs . As for the sea my 3/8 inch muscleskins are fine for sea swimming and jacuzzis .
Old 01-24-2023, 12:37 PM
Speedo Member

I have found string sided briefs unsuitable for the male body.
It was easy to find a ladies brief in the correct size with a front triangle big enough to cover my cock and sack however the elastic in tie string sides wouldn't support me.
Great for the ladies where they only have to support there own weight but not something I guy should wear for anything other than spas and sunbathing.
I prefer high cut briefs with a draw string as there sexy but still practical.
Old 01-30-2023, 10:48 PM
Speedo Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberman
How do you feel about string sided styles ? Both from a stylish point of view and from an acceptability standpoint . My normal wear in a uk pool is a Joe Snyder bikini which I’d say , for those who aren’t familiar , has a one inch side and a three quarter rear and a much briefer than speedo front . Certainly not a pouch but certainly brief .
I have muscle skins styles with more pouch front and half back with 1/4 inch string sides in red which I have worn in adult pool and spa and jacuzzi area quite openly in the canaries . That does take some resolve to walk about in amongst the board shorts wearers but it was fine .
But really my question is …. Assuming 3/4 rear and a decent front pouch how would you feel about using a string sided brief in public …. In a public pool , where 95 pc are wearing board shorts ? Do you even think it is acceptable ?
For me I think I might only do this a) not in my home pool b) possibly a hotel pool
What do you guys think and interesting to hear womens’ perspective if there are any on this board .
Hello, Aberman! I'm all for the string-sided style men's microbikinis, specifically the M73 Stuffit Rio from Skinzwear! I'm into bodybuilding, bodyshaving, and tanning with low-down teeny tanlines. As my body has improved, the bikinis get smaller! 😁 The string-style suits expose the entire torso, and just look so sexy! Just the thing for an exhibitionist like me! I like how this particular suit showcases my hard-worked abs and up-high bellybutton. I'm looking forward to sauntering along the beach on my next visit to Ocracoke Island on the Outer Banks of North Carolina wearing this suit. (Microwear for both men and women is welcome there. Women can go topless if desired, and nudity "happens" 😋 when the National Park Service rangers are patrolling in another area.) As for me wearing such a suit where it is not the norm? I have no interest in such, and would not consider doing so. I am not interested in spending any of my time or money where I would not feel that I am among fellow "body freedom" enthusiasts! To each his own, but I don't get the appeal of "bored" shorts that are large enough to shelter a pony! Here's the link to my Skinzwear suit (mine is tan, with a neat paisley print) and the model who inspired me to get this particular suit to start with. (Being a Rio, there is a "Cheek-and-Cleavage Show goin' on in back! Just adds to the fun for me!) https://skinzwear.com/product_detail...inz-Neon-Coral