Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2014, 04:45 PM

Default The strange thing about gym wear

Off topic, I know, but there's usually a gym in the same complex as a swimming pool, so I'm quite aware of it. So, what I've found is - women invariably wear sleeveless tops, while men wear short-sleeved t-shirts.

Now why is that? If men are comfortable not wearing a top at the pool, why don't they wear a sleeveless top at the gym? Is it not a more practical garment to work out in? Or does wearing something like them signify gayness?
Old 10-04-2014, 08:42 PM

Default Gym Wear

I see men in everything from hoodies to string tanks at my gym.
Tanks do seem to be in the minority, but there are still plenty of them.
My only question is, since some women work out wearing only a jog bra or skimpy halter top,why do men need to wear any shirt at all?
Old 10-04-2014, 09:33 PM

Smile

In the gym at the Y where I go, there are men in t shirts, muscle shirts, and tank tops, often depending on the weather outside.

D67
Old 10-05-2014, 01:57 AM

I wear a T shirt at the gym because I sweat a lot and it absorbs it and I don't have it running down my side.
When it comes to what other guys are wearing I haven't really paid that much attention. I gave up on trying to figure out why guys wear what they do ages ago. I still marvel at guys that wear these knot watch caps pulled down to their eye brows or walk around with hoodies with the hood up. I live in the desert and somehow a watch cap and a hoodie when the temps are approaching 110 degrees makes no sense. For me--I wear as little as possible and live in my speedos when the temps are over the 100 mark. On that same note, why do guys think speedos show too much when they walk around with their pants below their butt cheeks with their underwear on full display.
Also -- if it is OK for a female to wear a sport bra playing tennis (or whatever) why don't they wear regular bras without shirts?
See what I mean -- no figuring out other peoples wardrobe choices!
Old 10-05-2014, 08:06 PM

I find when I'm really hot I sweat at the shoulders so a sleeveless top is better for working out in.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:40 PM

Default Wrestling Singlets

Make great wear for stationary Rowing. Either that, or a compression tee and jammers
Old 10-05-2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave
On that same note, why do guys think speedos show too much when they walk around with their pants below their butt cheeks with their underwear on full display.

Excellent point. This is one fashion trend that I am happy to see fading away. I once saw a guy with his pants so far down that you could see his entire butt in his "decorative" boxers. I wondered how he could walk like that.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:22 AM

Smile

When I was working as a school psych I used to see boys in school walking around with their pants below their butts so that their boxers were showing. I asked several principals if they could tell the kids to pull their pants up. Their replies were that they could do nothing because it wasn't disruptive to learning. They had no answer when I asked wasn't it disruptive to common decency. There was one kid with whom I had a good relationship who I kept threatening to buy him a belt that fit. A few years later when he was in high school, he told me "l finally smartened up because all the kids who did that were the losers and I don't want to be one of them."

D67
Old 10-06-2014, 01:26 AM

Default D67

I like your post. It underscores the 80/20 rule. 80% or more follow the status quo, the 20% or less create a new status quo. I suspect Eli Whitney, Henry Ford, the Wright brothers, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and others like them would have pulled the pants up and set a new standard. Not exactly a swim post, but your response got me thinking.

STS
Old 10-06-2014, 02:29 AM

[quote=SwimTeamSpeedo]I like your post. It underscores the 80/20 rule. 80% or more follow the status quo, the 20% or less create a new status quo. I suspect Eli Whitney, Henry Ford, the Wright brothers, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and others like them would have pulled the pants up and set a new standard. Not exactly a swim post, but your response got me thinking.

As I've always preached to everyone on this board, if you want things to change (whether it's government, getting rid of A-Holes in the workplace, or skimpier men's swimsuits or athletic shorts), you have to make an effort to initiate it.