Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2014, 12:17 AM

On the main topic, I am usually the only guy on the beach in a speedo (or smaller), so I've become used to it. I was wearing an orange Ami Sanzuri brief at the beach yesterday, and a young lady came up to me and said, "I really like the color of your swimsuit. I think that's the first time someone has commented on my swimwear in a long time.
Knikon, as a camera collector, I'd have noticed your Speed Graphic too
Old 08-11-2014, 03:57 AM

Lol it definitely drew much more attention than my "bikini" did. I got 2 compliments and one sneer at the event regarding my swimsuit so I was happy. Normally being the only guy in a speedo I give it no second thought but that event took it to a whole new level.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:23 AM

I have often been the only guy in a brief cut swimsuit. It has never been an issue, and I see no reason to worry about it. For me, it is not about any male ego thing, I just like the swimsuits I wear and see no reason not to wear them. I feel the same for the guys in boardies. If that is what they like, then by all means do so.

As for the criticism of your posting this string, only one person on this board would raise such a remark. Ignore him. He likes to drive members away, and he does it with regularity. I am happy to have members start or restart discussions.

STS
Old 08-11-2014, 12:02 PM

For humans to repeatedly ask the same questions and eventually to get a new answer is how progress occurs. A new answer to an old question happens when a philosophical or technical advance takes places in a related field so moving the goalposts.
Keep asking innocent questions and keep wearing brief or even briefer swimwear wherever you feel you will be accepted or tolerated.
Intolerance creates religious or political states that repress their own subjects.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:15 PM

Default thesis

Having waded through a quagmire of mixed philosophies I reach dry land
to discover that an intolerant authority in some form "represses its own subjects".
As point one it surprises me that such free thinking as expressed there produces the incongruous word subject instead of citizen.

As point two the emotive word repress hides the simple fact that as civilised beings we are all "repressed" in order to live in harmony and safety - and to say "standard of behaviour" would therefore be far more appropriate terminology.
For example, authority "represses" me by not allowing me to drive on the opposite side of the road to every other vehicle . Have I therefore unacceptably lost my freedom of choice to act as I wish, being under the control of an oppressive regime of some sort?
The rituals of politeness in Japan also result from the necessity of millions of people to live as happily as possible, being packed together in small spaces as they are.
As for "states created by intolerance" I should like to know why, as demonstrated in human history, so many peoples who gain "independence" immediately plunge themselves into bloody civil war.
In those seemingly inevitable circumstances who exactly are the subjects and who is then repressing them?

Last edited by Byron : 08-11-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:40 PM

BBC TV Comedy, Bad Education "You will learn more if you don't ask questions."
Old 08-11-2014, 02:55 PM

Talking comedy...

Splendid quotation - it encapsulates intolerence far better than any efforts of mine.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:05 PM

I'm going to invoke Rodney King's words " Can't we all just get along".
Old 08-11-2014, 06:24 PM

I'm with Shaulis. What is the big deal about somebody raising a question a second or third or fourth time - talk about intolerance. As I said in an earlier post, if someone is irritated because a topic is revisited, then that someone should just suck it up and stay out of the discussion. Finally, let's keep the judgments out of posts and not refer to others' posts as silly or stupid.

D67
Old 08-11-2014, 07:38 PM

I'm just not a person for following fashion, so to change from Speedos to board shorts would just be doing that, as anyone with eyes can see they're not comfortable to swim in.

So if I'm the only one wearing Speedos - I don't worry about it.