Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2014, 11:28 AM

Default Jammers

I am not a huge jammers fan personally, never liked how they grabbed my legs while swimming. I am traveling this week, and this morning at the hotel pool, which is usually empty early in the morning a guy comes in while I was doing my laps, about 30 minutes after I started. He was younger than me, really fit, slim with a tight waist and a clean chest and abs. He had on a pair of tight fitting black and red jammers that looked amazing on his lean, tall body. They molded well to his physique and outlined well some of his best attributes. We swam side by side for 45 minutes, him in those jammers and me in a red and black swirl print Tyr Durafast brief. After I finished he wrapped up and we chatted for a while. Nothing more, but he sure made those jammers look amazing.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:44 PM

I noticed a father and son wearing jammers at the local pool last week. They looked really tight, and I can't imagine them being too comfortable.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:26 PM

Does this mean the occasional guy in jammers will appear in forthcoming stories?
Old 05-22-2014, 11:43 PM

One never knows, Sebbie. As good as he looked, he sure would have looked better in briefs, but those jammers were nicely fitting him.

Hope all is well....

STS
Old 05-23-2014, 01:41 AM

Thumbs down Re: jammers

I can't imagine ever wearing jammers. They look so constricting and tight in the wrong places. I'll stick with briefs.

D67
Old 05-23-2014, 07:22 AM

I don't believe jammers provide any advantage for swimming or any other athletic activity and they are just another version of the men's "Half Pants".

However, I'm seeing more guys in short running shorts so the tide is changing.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:53 PM

Default folded down....

Jammers or wrestle singlet here?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/df13d7b55...ihg5o1_500.jpg
Old 05-27-2014, 09:49 AM

I wear padded Lycra cycle shorts for cycling, they are more comfortable than baggy padded cycling shorts and on a long ride I want the padding.
My nephew is in a rowing club and wears rowing shorts, similar to my cycling shorts. He sits on a sliding seat as he pulls the boat along with his team.
In triathlons I wore a tri-suit, vest and cycle shorts one piece with light seat padding, for the outdoor triathlon I wore a wetsuit over it and for the indoor swim triathlon I wore speedos and slipped the tri-suit over the as I left the water. The tri-suit was ok both for cycling and running.
When I ran cross country, track and road I much preferred short slit sided running shorts to Lycra running shorts, I enjoyed the feeling of free movement, the Lycra shorts just felt wrong over longer distances.
I bought a pair of Lycra jammers and wore them once in a pool, I hated the feeling having worn speedos for the first part of the session. I found that these jammers were ok to wear around the campsite and on the beach walking to my preferred spot where I stripped down to a bikini.
I suppose that jammers made from the special fabrics that are more hydrodynamic than skin may allow you to go faster, but that seem like cheating.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:35 PM

Unhappy Re: Jammers

My 18 year old granddaughter who is graduating this year showed me her yearbook last night. The boys swim team of which my son was a member 20 years ago were wearing jammers in the team picture and in candids from their meets. Twenty years ago they wore a team brief and a very skimpy paper suit for the state meet. I was so disappointed to see they had gone to jammers. They need to go back to speedos!!!

D67
Old 05-30-2014, 01:05 AM

Default Parental pressure

Hi D67:

As you know, I am one volunteer coach at a local swim team. We had several years where all the experienced guys went to Jammers. We have an all comers rule, so we don't care what you wear, as long as you want to swim. The last several years the trend started to move back to briefs, I think driven by Ryan Lochte and Michael Phelps here in the USA. This year, all the second year and above guys wore briefs for the first time in years. As always, the new kids wear shorts, board shorts, or whatever... and it is cool with me.

I had a parent call me. She was upset that I "required those tiny swimsuits." Her son told her that when he asked her to let him buy a Speedo swimsuit racing brief. When I explained to her that I don't require anything, she was aghast. I then explained to her that her son was probably conforming to the peer pressure of his teammates, who apparently chose to wear racing style swimsuits this year. She replied saying "I can't believe XXXX would want to wear a swimsuit smaller than his underwear." I encouraged her to let him wear whatever he wants, the main focus was swimming and shorts were fine, or jammers, or whatever. "If he is uncomfortable in a racer swimsuit, I am fine with whatever he puts on, its about the sport," I explained.

He wore his racer style suit at the next practice.