Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2018, 09:59 PM

Default waterpark report

I just got home after spending the week in Buffalo,NY for work. I flew in very early Sunday morning and decided to check out Niagara Falls as I've never seen it. I decided while there I would check out the indoor waterpark right by the falls. I put on a black speedo solar under my clothes and when I got there undressed to my suit at my locker and spent the next few hours there. It was pretty busy and some of the lines were really long. I really thought with it being an international destination I wouldn't be the only guy in a brief, but I was. I did see an asian man in a square cut suit and a white man in a square cut as well. Not the best indoor park I've been to but I had fun. I got some usual funny looks but it never bothers me. The only comment I hears was when I went to my locker to check my cell phone, you need to pass down a hallway full of glass windows looking outside. There was a 40's something man with 4 boys about 11 or 12. As I passed the one boy began to stare. When I got done checking my phone they were still there and I heard the boy say,"I've never seen a guy wear one of those" to the man. He replied with something about Europe but I didn't catch it. Then I heard the boy say something about he's seen divers wear them before and the man replied something about speedos making it better for divers going in the pool but I really didn't hear much more as I was too far away. I know guys on this board seem hesitant about wearing a speedo to a waterpark, but that is about what you will expect. Don't worry about it. It's more in your head.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:57 PM

If you're the only one wearing Speedos at a regular pool you don't get stared at, but at a waterpark you do? Is that the inference?
Old 09-24-2018, 12:13 AM
Speedo Member

Waterparks are just a little more public. You have to stand in line, etc. I wore a speedo to Disney... It was kinda weird eating lunch in a speedo, but it was a lot of fun.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:14 AM
StrawberryBoards

Speedos actually vastly improve the water slide experience and are ideal for a situation when you are in and out of the water due to not holding much water.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:54 AM

Default Waaterparks

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteranonymous
Waterparks are just a little more public. You have to stand in line, etc. I wore a speedo to Disney... It was kinda weird eating lunch in a speedo, but it was a lot of fun.
I have worn a speedo at Disney parks, including lunch. Easier there than most places since speedos are more common, probably because of the number of Europeans and Latin Americans that go there.
Also wore a speedo all day including lunch at Atlantis. Very few speedos on the slides. but a fair amount at the pools. I ate at a counter service location, but even saw a few men in just speedos at a table service restaurant near the pool.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryBoards
Speedos actually vastly improve the water slide experience and are ideal for a situation when you are in and out of the water due to not holding much water.

You got that right.

Especially the much lamented 'Der Stuka" at Orlando's long gone Wet n Willd.

Not having to pluck the mesh liner of dork shorts out of one's fundament was a blessing.

https://s15-us2.startpage.com/cgi-bi...e39 3bb92c034
Old 09-26-2018, 01:02 AM

For sure, if you know how to ride a waterslide the last thing you need is a bunch of fabric messing up the hydrodynamics. They turn your butt into a water brake when it could be smoothly riding on the film of water your heels and shoulder blades are. There is a trick to it, balancing your body weight on the three points, not letting any point touch the slide. Can't be done in baggy shorts. Once I learned this I could really whiz through the tube.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Free
... Once I learned this I could really whiz through the tube.

And hopefully there is no whizzing in the tube... or lazy river.. but I am sure it happens.. a LOT!
Old 09-27-2018, 01:38 AM

Yikes, not quite what I was referring to but since you mentioned it, water parks have to work extra hard to keep the water clean. Some don't. Yuck.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:10 PM
Speedo Member

It is advisable to wear a speedo in some of these slides? I figure a speedo may not hold up the wear and tear.