Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2018, 05:42 PM

Default Speedo bod

Hey guys,

My goal is to get in better shape for next year. Any tips on diet and exercise for those of you who have achieved their desired "speedo bod"?
Old 08-30-2018, 06:27 PM

Eat less, exercise more and wear short shorts on land and speedos in the water whatever shape you are in.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:14 AM

Exercise is everything. Don't worry so much about diet.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106

I would argue that diet has a strong bearing. As someone who lost 25 lbs recently, cutting out potatoes, bread, pizza and of course sugar (ice cream, pie, cookies) is critical. Fruits and vegetables are good! Portion control is also important, don't supersize your portions. When I get hungry between meals I have an apple or carrots.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:27 PM

- start eating healthy regularly - not just occasionally
- gym at least 4 times a week. every 3 weeks change up your routines
- whatever cardio you're currently doing - double it.
- dont expect instant results - dont base your success by weighing yourself all the time
- sleep!
- minimal alcohol consumption
Old 08-31-2018, 06:31 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDandy
Exercise is everything. Don't worry so much about diet.

Exercise do not burn up nearly as much calories as people think they will (100 calories for running a mile). Unless you have the time to do all that exercise, the best thing is to simply eat less, eat only when you are hungry, not bored. Eat slowly so you may end up eating half a steak instead of the whole thing. And also avoid sugar and processed food as much as possible.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:36 AM

Diet is everything to maintain. My daily meal plan hinges on what the scales say in the morning after I get out of bed and pee. If the numbers are good I'll pack a decent lunch. If not, just some protein bars for snacks and skip lunch. Breakfast is always a protein shake. Dinner is anything from a light salad to total pigout of yummy whatever. Just depends on the numbers that morning. I've stayed at 170 pounds for almost twenty years now. Swim laps every evening and look more like Tarzan at 59 years old than he did. LOL. Everybody is different. Every Body is different. Do what works for you but look at the scale every morning. Work daily at how to make the number bigger or smaller. Even if its just half a pound the wrong way, fix it before it's two pounds too many or a hundred and two pounds. I'm okay with being a little hungry when I need to be. I can work around it. How people let themselves go is beyond me. Yuck.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:14 PM
Speedo Member

1. Diet: I've found great success with keto- based dieting.
2. Active lifestyle:. Get into cycling, running it something like hiking to tone up your ass
3. Weight training:. This is more important than many people realize

Good luck... A good body is a part time job. When I train, it can take about 25 hours a week, easy, and I still have a rather soft ass compared to some of these guys.

However, don't worry if you fall short of perfection, just trying makes you so much hotter.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:16 AM
Speedo Member

Just be diligent and do your best. However awesome you may look, there will always be a hotter/younger person. Or if someone isn't that motivated, I often think, no matter how old I am getting and how weight over 50 years old really suddenly dominates in the belly, but will always be fatter & older than my aging lowering self esteem gets.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Speedo Member

For swimming bod, you want strong glutes and quads for kicking, but flexible ankles. To streamline properly, strong abs to hold good body position. To not injure you shoulders, every muscle of the rotator cuff needs to be strong. Do all this, and you have the body to swim well, and you won't look half-bad either!

But to really look like a pro swimmer, you need to start two-a-day practices at age 8!