Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
Hey NC!

You look great. (I've seen your pics on the other forum too) For what it is worth, I know "bulking up" is great when you are young. Being bigger and stronger than almost everyone else I am sure is great. But take a look around at bulked up guys in their 40s and 50s and beyond and what do you see, mostly? FAT, FAT, FAT! So my advice (again, for what it is worth) value cut and tone over bulk. Then you are still more likely to look great as you age. Thanks for sharing your pic. Keep up the good work.

I appreciate it. I'll take that risk. I've always wanted to get into body building. Represent the speedo on the beach. Lol
Old 05-21-2018, 03:36 AM

Yes body build if you wish to but don't get sucked into taking steroids etc. I know a young man that body built and took the drugs and it caused his breasts to grow and the general effect to look strange rather than muscular. He has realised his error and has come off the steroids and had to work to recover proper shape and definition.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:39 PM

Sounds like he didn't have everything he needed to run a cycle.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52dno98
How do you work on your obliques definition? Sit ups? Your stomach is nuts. I wish I enjoyed the gym half as much as you seem to, lol.
90% of my fitness routine is diet. The other 10% is in the gym. You can do millions of crunches and won't get abs unless you eat accordingly. I'm a long way from my fitness goals but I appreciate the compliment.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncstr8male
Been trying to bulk up..... little progress
In order to bulk up, one has to eat at a surplus (with the right food). Websites like, Bodybuilding .com, have articles with calculators according to your body weight, height and depends on your goals to bulk, maintain or shred. It would tell you the appropiate amount of required calories, carbohydrate, protein and fat intake.

To get big, the diet plan has to accompany a weight lifting plan(muscles building program). For example, a 5 days plan, each day will be training specific body parts and each 5 days cycle will be completely trained the whole body.

Bulking usually done in winter when that's the time to cover up to keep warm. And in spring people will start shredding in prepare for warmer days, when people wear speedos or topless / shorts.

You probably seen pro bodybuilders pre-preparing their meal boxes for at least 6 meals a day. I am not a serious bodybuilder, I only eat snacks in between meals. Somethings like hamburger, nuts, whole wheat bread, etc. I was able to gain in a rate of may be around 0.75 lbs per week during winter months.

Shredding (cutting) would be done by reduce calories intake and increase appropiate amount of cardio for maintaining muscle mass.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJHunkguy
In order to bulk up, one has to eat at a surplus (with the right food). Websites like, Bodybuilding .com, have articles with calculators according to your body weight, height and depends on your goals to bulk, maintain or shred. It would tell you the appropiate amount of required calories, carbohydrate, protein and fat intake.

To get big, the diet plan has to accompany a weight lifting plan(muscles building program). For example, a 5 days plan, each day will be training specific body parts and each 5 days cycle will be completely trained the whole body.

Bulking usually done in winter when that's the time to cover up to keep warm. And in spring people will start shredding in prepare for warmer days, when people wear speedos or topless / shorts.

You probably seen pro bodybuilders pre-preparing their meal boxes for at least 6 meals a day. I am not a serious bodybuilder, I only eat snacks in between meals. Somethings like hamburger, nuts, whole wheat bread, etc. I was able to gain in a rate of may be around 0.75 lbs per week during winter months.

Shredding (cutting) would be done by reduce calories intake and increase appropiate amount of cardio for maintaining muscle mass.

Yep. Already on that track. Need 3400 calories, 200 carbs and 220g protein daily.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Yep. Already on that track. Need 3400 calories, 200 carbs and 220g protein daily.
Sure you can use those numbers. Have you been eating at that rates for sometime? Since you said little progress. If you have been using that and ate like that for sometime and see not much gain, you may have to eat more. Those numbers were for reference and everyone have different metabolism. That's not exact science.

If you live in the northern hemisphere, summer is around the corner. Like everyone else should be cutting now. Wait for the fall to start bulking.

I do concern of your 10% only gym. What do you do that 10%? Seems to be a bit too little.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Sure you can use those numbers. Have you been eating at that rates for sometime? Since you said little progress. If you have been using that and ate like that for sometime and see not much gain, you may have to eat more. Those numbers were for reference and everyone have different metabolism. That's not exact science.

If you live in the northern hemisphere, summer is around the corner. Like everyone else should be cutting now. Wait for the fall to start bulking.

I do concern of your 10% only gym. What do you do that 10%? Seems to be a bit too little.

Your misunderstanding my statement. In general most of your "fitness program" will be subject to your eating habits. I've put on 8 lbs in 3 months. Started at 178, cut to 166, bulking back to 174 currently.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Your misunderstanding my statement. In general most of your "fitness program" will be subject to your eating habits. I've put on 8 lbs in 3 months. Started at 178, cut to 166, bulking back to 174 currently.
Yes, That's alright. I was trying to get more exact information, so we can have a conversation on bodybuilding. May be even help a bit.

You look good right now, Sure, go ahead. I am eager to see you transformation plus wearing your favorite suits.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Yes, That's alright. I was trying to get more exact information, so we can have a conversation on bodybuilding. May be even help a bit.

You look good right now, Sure, go ahead. I am eager to see you transformation plus wearing your favorite suits.

10-4. I just picked up a gym partner. He's new to lifting so I'm having to train him. But the awesome part is, now I can push my full potential with a spotter.