Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2014, 04:05 PM

I re-ordered the same suit as I found with the last one, removing the label wasn't a good idea, as it left a small hole.
So I went to the pool this lunchtime, wearing the suit for only the second time.
I always find the worst place is the changing room, where everyone else wears shorts, but in that context, does it matter if you wear a 2 " brief or a 1.5" one? But once you hit the water, confidence is restored, and I must say it's a really comfortable suit to do some serious swimming in.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:23 PM

Anybody know how to determine an Aussiebum swimsuit is real or fake, without knowing it was purchased from ebay(China) or Aussiebum directly ?

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2014, 01:57 AM

Default genuine AB?

Reading your thread on Speedoforum NJH the answers all coming to you seem to be ".....don't know but damned good if fake" - plus one falling apart at the seams (which I guess is learning rather late).
One eminently good suggestion was "ask AB" - but that came from you did it not?
Old 06-05-2014, 04:15 AM

Probably going to send Aussiebum an email !

The Pink Aussiebum which I always wanted was bought on Ebay, seller was from the U.S.
Very high quality. When comparing to a real bought directly from Aussiebum swimsuit side by side, couldn't tell the different!

Last edited by NJHunkguy : 06-05-2014 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:09 AM

No, e-mailing Aussiebum would not help. They can not tell unless they are holding the suit in the hands.

I observed the ebay suit from US seller, side by side, with a suit directly from Aussiebum. Every single details are exactly the same. And my Ebay suit actually has same, but more orderly stitchings!
Old 06-21-2014, 12:09 PM

Default Final test

Went to the local pool for the first time on a Saturday wearing the Aussiebum 1.5. Saturday is normally crowded with kids and families, and today was no exception. But - I walked straight from the changing room to the poolside full of confidence and did my swimming session.

I really don't think an untrained observer would notice the difference between a 1.5" and a 3 " brief. They're just briefs. Only the swimsuit connoisseur is really aware of the differences.

So that was the 'final test'. I've never been in another pool wearing them, but I don't foresee a problem. Well... unless I was in countries such as Saudi Arabia or the USA.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:36 PM

Default Final test

Good for you Bede! You're absolutely right, nobody would tell the difference between 1.5 and 3 inches and nobody would even care. And the fact that you had the courage to wear what you liked is the most important part.

D67
Old 06-21-2014, 11:00 PM

Default Bad wrap

Bede, I have worn anywhere from 1.5 inch to 3 inch to square cuts in the USA and have never, ever had a problem. I've never had anyone make any adverse comments, or act badly toward me. I have never been to Saudi, so I can't make a comparison there, but the only place I was ever told that my swimsuit was inappropriate was at a beach in Australia, of all places... and I was wearing a pretty basic Speedo brand racing brief (2.5 or 3 inch sides).

STS
Old 06-22-2014, 01:39 AM

Thumbs up Final,test

Bede, I can support what STS is saying as I've never had any negative comments or evil looks in the US. Today, the pool at the Y where I usually do my laps wasn't available because of a swim meet but the other pool which was having the family swim time had one lane open for laps. I was wearing my Nike Scatter Brain (crazy name) low cut 1.5 and had no negative comments or evil looks. So, keep doing what you did today and be proud of yourself for doing it.

D67
Old 06-23-2014, 11:46 AM
Speedo Member

I really like the feel and cut if the 1.5 booster jock aussie bums. I think they hang and look good when wet though you need a dark colour or else it's see through.

I wouldn't hesitate wearing them for swimming laps but it's more of a pool party beach lounging sort of suit.