Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2011, 09:14 PM

Default The debate goes on ...

The debate goes on, and on. and on ... zzzz-ZZZZ-zzzzz ...

A recent article from The Age in Melbourne, Australia. Some of the comments are interesting -

http://www.theage.com.au/executive-s...109-1n752.html

How is it in your neck of the woods?
Old 11-16-2011, 01:54 AM

Photos 6 & 7 of the Sizzling Swimwear gallery are really awesome. Those guys make swim briefs the only swimwear to wear. Wish they did not cut the faces off....
Old 11-16-2011, 02:00 AM
Speedo Member

Default Topic beaten to death ( in Aussie slang )

I love how one person says " Oh no, not another debate about board shorts and speedos!"

This topic has been beaten into the ground.

The comments make an interesting read though because they are written in Aussie slang.

As a Yank I can try to guess what they are saying and I like the way it sounds but it's interesting how many different slang phrases refer to swim suits :

"speedos, budgie smugglers, dick togs, or dick stickers, what ever you want to call them, are simply amazing."

"Speedo's are the go, sexy as."

"Just a pair of AFL footy shorts does the trick - and not from the Warwick Capper era."

"If you have the body, the bottle, and you actually swim, the smugglers or Euro trunks are the go."

"People need to lighten up and enjoy that larrakin sense of humour that we Aussies are known for, and that includes dick togs! It's in our blood."

"No man, I repeat, no man will be allowed into heaven wearing a pair of sluggos."

"Not another inane article on speedos vs boardshorts. Do we have to get this drivel every year? And what makes it worse this time is that this is written by a bloke"
Old 11-16-2011, 02:15 AM

If you are a nice looking guy, the look of the male body is really quite an art form. I also agree that the female body is as well. I love the way a nice fitting suit accents the structure of the body, highlights the legs, and shows off the muscles of the abdomen. Sure, the bulge and package are nice, but the whole picture is far better. The best part is it looks good on guys who are not necessarily the model specimens, although the perfect guy does look damn nice.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:48 AM

I agree that the debate over speedos VS longer, baggy suits is centered about the body form of the wearer rather than speedos themselves.

If you've got a less than average body, try something that's longer and looser fitting. I wish the fashion biz would bring back the old fashioned "Trunks" (that were like short gym shorts) for those who don't have a body that's appropriate for a speedo.

However if you've got a good looking body, then definitely go for the speedo!!!

CD
Old 11-16-2011, 05:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to snakestone91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimTeamSpeedo
If you are a nice looking guy, the look of the male body is really quite an art form. I also agree that the female body is as well. I love the way a nice fitting suit accents the structure of the body, highlights the legs, and shows off the muscles of the abdomen. Sure, the bulge and package are nice, but the whole picture is far better. The best part is it looks good on guys who are not necessarily the model specimens, although the perfect guy does look damn nice.

I totally agree, mate - they look awesome - especially on the right guy!
I love the way they let fit blokes show off their thighs, butt + package, but in a really cool + sporty way.

Also, I've always agreed with the guys that say that any real bloke wears a speedo.
Real men shouldn't be ashamed of what they've got.

I love wearin them - they look amazin, feel great + let me show how fit I am.
Also they're great for tanning, diving or swimming + they dry really quickly. What's not to like?
Old 11-17-2011, 04:44 PM

Advantages of a speedo: more comfortable, a lot less drag, you can wear em under a wetsuit which makes changing in a public place simply no problem at all, 1000% superior for body surfing or swimming or diving. I have surfed in speedos and its even better than nude surfing because you do not get wax jammed into certain body areas.

I look at photos from the family photo album, all the guys in the 1950's were wearing brief swimsuits-not quite as brief as speedos but close. Macho guys. No problem with it at all, no embarrassment, it doesn't even register. I think its sad when guys shy away from sports like water polo or swimming because they are so hung up against speedos. But still, at lifeguard tryouts every spring, all the guys are in speedos, they know you get much better time in a speedo than draggy board shorts.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:47 PM

Speedos are the only way to swim. Board shorts create so much drag in the water. The right guy and the right speedo looks great.