Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 08:52 PM

Default NYC Pride

http://www.buzzfeed.com/angelamv/the...e-parade-looks

Pics 5&6 (a subject of much past debate here)
Old 08-13-2013, 10:05 PM

Default NYC Pride

I think its ridicoulous to see to what extent they will go to.
Buit the speedo pics are ok.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:40 AM

Default on parade

Yes - I have to say NYC is a bit misleading as 5 and 6 are from Sydney and London
- and I was a bit slow in not spotting the well-travelled video man CG in 7.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:51 AM

Default not good

And we wonder why speedos get the stigma of being gay. Crap like this ruins any hope of speedo acceptance. It even makes me nauseated. Gay does not equal gross.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:45 AM

Default NYC pride

The Speedo swimwear haters don't have to say a word just show those two pictures and a majority of people will say if a male wears something like what's in the photo then they are gay. I'm sure those men know they hurt Speedo/brief swimwear acceptance because they make the situation worse each time they are outside.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaulis
The Speedo swimwear haters don't have to say a word just show those two pictures and a majority of people will say if a male wears something like what's in the photo then they are gay. I'm sure those men know they hurt Speedo/brief swimwear acceptance because they make the situation worse each time they are outside.
I don't follow the reasoning that because gay men have a sexual fetish for a very common type of apparel (such as jeans, running shorts, or speedos), that somehow makes that type of apparel "Gay".

If that's the reasoning, then straight men should never ever wear jeans, T shirts, sneakers, white athletic socks, etc. To thoroughly "sterilize" their choice in clothing of any erotic connotation, they should only wear business style pants, shirts, and shoes.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:47 PM

Default complicated...

The logic of your second paragraph does indeed apply but the key lies in your first paragraph where you include speedos as "a very common type of apparel"
- and those, of whatever persuasion, who enjoy wearing their speedos would certainly want to see this piece of clothing being quietly accepted as the norm without any fuss or derision.
At this point we have to go into the mindset of the homophobic "straight" however and it becomes a case of fear or guilt by association, ie this is a small piece of clothing enclosing the male genitalia and on public display. Might it therefore be a symbol of attraction to other males? Shock, horror ! - "I couldn't possibly let my peers think I had some affinity with those guys by wearing something like that and what I wear will therefore be to emphasise
the opposite, to disassociate me from any possible misconceptions of my own feelings towards these guys of the same gender".
It would be fascinating to have an honest survey of all non-gays to determine just how many in fact indulge themselves in the wearing of bikini underwear or jocks - but of course UNDER their trousers (pants) for none to see.

Those with the speedo prejudice might also consider that male fashion trends of the past 50+ years, now quite "normal" and indeed desirable in order to be seen as "trendy", have in many cases been initiated by gays with an innate sense of design. The line must be drawn for them however and speedos become that line which still needs a lot of fresh thought to break the taboo.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:17 PM

face it guys. when pics like that of the Pride Parades go out what would you expect people to think Speedo = Gay. Fight with any convoluted logic you want, Gays have portrayed themselves in public in speedos et al for so long that the majority of the population think the speedo is the official uniform of the Gays.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:40 PM

I used too many words to convey my thoughts. PSDave was to the point.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:23 AM

Default pride?

Forgive me but this is about more than speedos. I agree with Shaulis and PSDave. However, the antics of these pictures also provokes the thought of gays as sexual deviants with perverted views and desires. It is not pride at all. It is a gross portrayal of a tiny faction that screws the rest of us...no pun intended.