Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2019, 10:08 PM
Speedo Member

Default Buffedbod Swimwear: A best kept secret IMO

I haven’t been on these forums that long but having actually searched them I am surprised no one has ever mentioned BuffedBod swimwear out of Bradenton Beach, FL run by a man named Ron Serfass.

I can’t remember how I stumbled upon BuffedBod but he has many different kinds of options that are available and, get this, he gives you the option of paying for a custom pattern designed with your desired specific measurements and all. I bought one of his made to order suits first. A smooth front bikini with a Euro style back in a light mint green color. After purchasing that first suit he worked with me from there to determine what kind of specifications I want. He even let me send in my own fabric.

It’s a $50 charge upfront for the pattern and a separate charge for the suit itself. I’ll admit, you’ll pay a little bit. But if you happen to be anything like me who looks for specific features in a swimsuit, this is worth the investment. And by chance if the suit misses the mark a little bit, Ron will only charge $10 for a tweeting to your pattern. I only one adjustment that I wish to make to my custom suit so far (just to make the seat narrower by 1/2 inch).

What did I end up creating for myself? A mid-high waist smooth front bikini with 1” sides and a European back and a drawstring. In my favorite color for a swimsuit: Jade Green.

Like I said this is an investment. But if you’re willing to go for it and have just a little patience, Ron will work with you create the swimsuit of your dreams.

Below are pictures of my first custom pattern suit in the Jade Green. Photos have obviously Been edited and filters added to bring out the color as much as possible.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/159524534@N08/fuLD2G
https://www.flickr.com/gp/159524534@N08/Bx3556

Last edited by SwimAddict71488 : 04-21-2019 at 05:33 AM.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:23 PM
Speedo Member

Sorry I am having trouble sharing the pictures . I will get it figured out
Old 04-21-2019, 10:48 AM
Speedo Member

Ok shared the pics on Flickr instead. Links included in original post.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:34 AM

I've heard of BuffedBod and the owner. He used to own HE Swimwear but sold the business to someone. He decided to startup his own business again which is now BuffedBod. I bought one of his suits quite a few years ago. It was okay I guess, but I didn't like the stitching because it was way to visible. You could tell that it was done on someone's sewing machine because of the zig-zag pattern. That was a long time ago though.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:29 PM
Speedo Member

Interesting perspective. I guess I don’t care that much about stitching. My problem was that I was unable to find a swimsuit like what I wanted anywhere else and in the specific color I want. The custom pattern option that he offers has made it possible to have a high waisted swimsuit, which is so hard to find these days unless you look on eBay for a vintage one because some people consider it “dated”. My pattern does need tweaking, but I’m still in love with the suit Ron has made for me already.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:12 PM
Speedo Member

Also, we’re you able to see the pictures? I wanted to make sure the links work
Old 05-05-2019, 10:22 PM
Speedo Member

So my Custom Buffedbod bikini actually made its debut last weekend when I went to two hotel pools. But unfortunately I didn’t get any pics. One of the hotels pools are funny about pictures

But today I laid out at the pool at a local fitness center close to where I live. Great place. I was there on free pass so I thought I’d feel things out. While I was tanning I made sure to get a picture from my suits second appearance.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/159524534@N08/04Q6G2
Old 05-05-2019, 10:38 PM
Speedo Member

Also I will soon be receiving another suit (same color) from my updated pattern. Pictures soon to come.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:44 PM
Speedo Member

Default Trying something...

I tried saving the image of my original suit as a jpeg file on paint. Just an experiment...

For those who couldn't access the Flickr links above. This is what the suit looks like.

Last edited by SwimAddict71488 : 02-09-2020 at 10:49 PM.