Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2020, 08:53 PM
Speedo Member

Default Swimwear Longevity

Just thought I'd share a few observations regarding which suits seem to last the longest. I've worn brief/bikini style suits for many years, I have an enclosed pool so am in the water year around. I'm sure I've had hundreds of different suits over the years, some seem to last a long time while others don't.

Obviously any brand of 100% nylon (or poly) lasts the longest. The reason is they have no elastomer woven into the fabric. It's the elastomer that gives Lycra, Spandex, and similar fabrics their wonderful ability to stretch and conform. Unfortunately it's also the elastomer that ultimately fails leaving the suit baggy and loose. Therein lies my problem as I've grown to prefer suits that are more form fitting (stretchy) but with room up front.

When it comes to suits with stretch I've had the best luck with Cocksox. I've got Cocksox suits that are at least 4 or 5 years old, they've seen a lot of use and show no sign failing anytime soon.

I've also had reasonably good experiences with Andrew Christain suits, though not to the same longevity level as Cocksox.

As mentioned, I've grown to prefer suits with room in the front so in all fairness it's been years since I've had a Speedo, Nike, TYR or Addidas suit so can't comment on them.