Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2018, 05:28 PM
Speedo Member

Default Hey guys this is my first time buying a swim brief and I would like your help 😀

Hey do you guys know anything about this brave person brief
And would this be considered a 1” swim brief?

Thank you 😀

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/327949...ceBeautifyAB=0
Old 03-27-2018, 06:23 PM

Where do you plan to wear your first swim brief: public pools, busy beaches, quiet beaches, garden pools or just in the bedroom ?
Yes the Brave Person bikini brief is about 1" at the sides and it is a low cut Japanese style suit.
This is quite an extreme choice for a first swim brief, the lighter colours will be quite see through and whatever colour your choose you will catch peoples eyes and get second looks.
Most men choose a black or navy 3" or 4" racing brief as their first brief swim suit and work their way to something briefer and brighter. Before you wear the brief that you buy wear it in the shower at home and find out what happens when it gets wet, it's best to know before you wear it in public.
As you put on your first swim brief for the first time in public expect to get a bit excited, get to the pool as fast as you can without drawing attention to yourself dive in and do a few lengths/laps to distract yourself.
Remember to tie the waist cord tightly if you intend to dive in. Tuck it in for swimming, let it dangle for the showers afterwards.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhappyy

Thank you 😀

Another popular choice for a first timer is called a square cut. It's less brief. https://www.amazon.com/Speedo-PowerF...J0NYJQ0XSCBVBY

There are many different styles of square cuts on the market. Some also would try a jammer https://www.amazon.com/TYR-Solid-Dur...70_&dpSrc=srch

I personally prefer the brief or the square.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:43 PM

That Brave Person swim bikini is the same suit I mentioned and posted photos in this post. All of my photos are of the suits with the liner removed. I think if you left the liner in and got the size right, you would probably be fine if you're comfortable in a smaller brief. That suit is more like 2 inches on the sides. If you're afraid it might be too brief for starting out, it's always better to start bigger and work your way down. My personal favorite, is the Truwest Racer Suit. It has 3 inch sides and is super comfortable, with or without a liner. If you have any questions or want to see more pictures, send me a message.

Last edited by MuscleSpeedo : 03-27-2018 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:29 PM

Hi happy, I’d agree with torchwatch about what you intended to do with it , where you live geographically , and simply how much nerve you have . I really like skimpy thin sided suits . I think they look great but it does take a bit of courage to wear in a board short environment .
3 inch suits are fairly conservative and in my opinion not really that interesting . I’ve just got a two inch suit in yellow but it is a genuine speedo . I’ve also ordered a 2 cm sided suit so just under one inch depending on what it looks like I’m itching to wear it but it does take nerve . I’m based in uk.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:

Thank you ��

There looks like will be an anniversary sales on Aliexpress. It is shown as counting down starting 10 hours from now. Would be great to pick up a few cheap stuffs, gym clothing, swimsuits, phone case, etc. Add to cart and pay later when the sales starts.

CHECK CLEARLY FOR SIZE, PICK A SIZE OR TWO LARGER, ASIAN/CHINESE SIZES CHART SMALLER THAN OTHERS!!!

Also advice: To use computer or bigger screen to shop on Aliexpress, so that you can easily read all the details and photos. Cellphone version too small and messy to see.

Last edited by NJHunkguy : 03-27-2018 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:45 PM

Check out Joe snyder swimwear also.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:49 PM
Speedo Member

Thanks guys for your input, I just received my Speedo solar after the brave person purchase, I plan on swimming at The YMCA😀
Old 03-27-2018, 10:52 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleSpeedo
That Brave Person swim bikini is the same suit I mentioned and posted photos in this post. All of my photos are of the suits with the liner removed. I think if you left the liner in and got the size right, you would probably be fine if you're comfortable in a smaller brief. That suit is more like 2 inches on the sides. If you're afraid it might be too brief for starting out, it's always better to start bigger and work your way down. My personal favorite, is the Truwest Racer Suit. It has 3 inch sides and is super comfortable, with or without a liner. If you have any questions or want to see more pictures, send me a message.

Mate, thanks for response
May I ask why did you remove the liner?
Old 03-28-2018, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Mate, thanks for response
May I ask why did you remove the liner?

I remove the liner in all my suits. Just a personal preference.