Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2014, 08:47 PM
Speedo Member

Default Nike Teraz … Worth It ?

There's a couple of Nike Teraz suits on Ebay.

Do people think they are worth the $ 100 cost to bid on Ebay for them ?

You could buy a 2 or 3 nice speedos for the money. I'm about to break down
and get a Turbo which are tremendously popular with WP players. I've noticed even swimmers out here in Calif. are getting to like the look and cut of Turbos even though they were designed for water polo play. I see some of the swimmers carry a bunch of their speedos on the outside of their swim bags. Some guys have 6 or 7 or speedos they carry around, a different one for each practice day.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:38 PM

I own and wear three Nike Teraz suits from a few year's back.

I you want a close approximation to a genuine Teraz, buy a Sporti Euro style suit and cut out the liner.

They don't have the external SHINE of a Teraz, but mine have lost that sheen through wear, anyway.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:22 PM

Personally I don't think they are worth the inflated prices that Ebayers are charging. Keep in mind these suits are now several years old and you don't know how they were maintained. Even if never worn, Lycra is not known for its long life and durability in a swim suit. Basically, the big thrill for the Nike suit was the fact it was an unlined name brand suit. I had them and can't say I found any reason to pay more than any other speedo type suit.
For my money -- I'd go for a Turbo (or 2). I love the fit of the Turbo and they seem more durable since designed for water polo..and the patterns are Great!
Old 09-26-2014, 10:01 PM

Default Turbo

I am with PSDave... go with a Turbo or one of the other hot Polo brands. Zumo is a good fit, too. Hard Core Swim has some great styles and cuts. All are easily available on Swimoutlet.com. The patterns are great and the fit is low and narrow. For $100 you can almost get three...
Old 09-26-2014, 10:47 PM

Default Nike terez orth it.

NikeTerez worth it
Well as much as Ilove brief swimwear I think 100.00 is to much for any suit. Iv seen some on ebay for sale well over 1000.00 just because such celebreties as Tom Daley wore the exact same suit, plus severel turbo team suits for the same prices ETC.
Im crazy over Speedos thats for sure and Im thankful that even so I didnt let myself behing ripped off buy these over zealous sellers that takes avantage over guys that loves them so much that are willing to pay any price for them even at the risk of eating baloney or peanut butter sanwiches for months. Dont let yourselves being had guys, besides speedos allways look nicer in pictures or on a well formed man but once you get it in the mail you risk of being dissapointed.
I have bene very close to buying a few and now Im thanking myself that I didnt anyway no extravagant seller on ebay wiill have a k]laugh on my depends
Old 09-27-2014, 02:13 AM

Smile

I agree with STS and would add the Sporti European style to the mix which is very low cut and narrow and great in the water. I wouldn't cut out the lining though, because it would be way too revealing unless that's what you want. Sportis at swimoutlet.com are about $13 so you could get one in each color for under $100.

D67
Old 09-27-2014, 05:46 PM

I agree with ST's and Dooley67 and buy the Sporti European brief from swimoutlet. Sporti briefs are lightweight so I wouldn't even bother taking out the liner unless that's the look you want.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:58 PM

The Teraz was/is a one layer suit from the manufacturer.

It dries MUCh faster than any fully lined lycra suit. The Sporti with liner removed both dries faster and is more revealing in a clingy fashion.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red^^Speedo
The Teraz was/is a one layer suit from the manufacturer.

It dries MUCh faster than any fully lined lycra suit. The Sporti with liner removed both dries faster and is more revealing in a clingy fashion.
So the Teraz is just a single layer suit? I've never heard of them before. What's so special about them? Why are they so expensive?
Old 10-08-2014, 09:53 PM

Default Nike terez orth it.

It has a very appealing shiny finish, very smouth to the feeling when wearing it, There is something about it that I just cant put my finger on, it kind of lets out ones subliminal appeal, one thing is for sure the urge to buy it is very strong indeed.
The ebay sellers know that only to well.