Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > Mens Swim Suit - Buy or Sell
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2012, 06:44 PM

Default Ebay - Is it real Aussiebum?

Just received a swimsuit bought from Ebay. The original listing have no where mentioning the name Aussiebum, it only shown real photos of the swimsuit. For US $10

It came with the standard Aussiebum plastic bag, and the suit looks and feel real with tags . Seller from China.

The question is, is it real? Did someone took the suits from the factory and sell on Ebay for profit ??
Old 05-31-2012, 09:28 PM

If it is from China there is a 99.99% chance it is fake. First clue -- do they say anything about Asian sizing? If yes, it is definitely fake. Aussiebum is only made in Australia with one way of sizing. Do they use the Aussiebum photos and none of their own? If yes, it is a fake.
Remember that China doesn't honor copyrights and Ebay doesn't patrol for counterfeits, stolen goods or fraudulent descriptions.
After getting burned twice on Ebay with fakes I now have a policy of not buying anything from China and only buying Aussiebum and Andrew Christian from them (AC is also a popular copy). I would rather pay the price and have what I want than end up with an inferior copy that I end up tossing in Goodwill bag.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:38 PM

Default genuine?

I am not familiar with AussieBums but a red or black tag is
expected to be seen sewn into the left side seam is it not ?
Might be worth an Email to AB as most manufacturers have
their special ways of detecting a fake product. If stolen from
an accredited outsource factory however, it could be genuine.

(I don't think you will get far on this one - the simple question
is do you like it at the price?)
Old 05-31-2012, 10:36 PM

Well said PSDave and Byron!

Sorry, I feel a little stupid starting this thread now.

I was expected to buy fake. I love this Aussiebum suit for a long time. But the price is just too much for me. And waited to long to make a purchase from "THE" Aussiebum, that specific style had been sold out, no longer available....

I knew about all these fakes on Ebay for quite some time. One day I just decided to give it a try, wanted to own this style for owning sake. (as I don't really swim that much this days, many of my real suits only been wore 2, 3 times or never touch water )

I opened this thread, because at the time I received the suit, I was surprised by how real it looks. Yes it got the tags and everything, came with the bag, etc.

The only way to tell its fake is to look in the inside stitching. I compare to a real Aussiebum suit I have, immediately can tell the inside stitching is not good. (outside stitching also look real)

May be it will be torn very soon. We'll see. Still, I may only have chances to wear it only once or twice...

Old 06-01-2012, 02:30 AM

Default caveat emptor

You are probably picking up correctly on the stitching.
The tiniest economies are made in the areas not seen
when on display - not to mention there being no time
to add a little quality when constant volume production
is demanded of employees in the sweat-shops.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:18 AM

Another alert. I just saw a company that sold me the fakes now has Sausalito CA listed as home and not China. He says suits are mailed with in a day or two but take 25-30 days to arrive. I have received suits from Europe, South America and Australia and none took more than 10 days. 25-30 is the mailing time from China.
Don't rely on the pics -- they pull them from the websites and what you see isn't what you are getting. Remember a forgery is to look like the real thing so logos etc are all copied and put in correct places.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave
Another alert. I just saw a company that sold me the fakes now has Sausalito CA listed as home and not China. He says suits are mailed with in a day or two but take 25-30 days to arrive. I have received suits from Europe, South America and Australia and none took more than 10 days. 25-30 is the mailing time from China.
Don't rely on the pics -- they pull them from the websites and what you see isn't what you are getting. Remember a forgery is to look like the real thing so logos etc are all copied and put in correct places.
This package mailed from China.... took less than 5 days

I think everyone's experience were different. I expected to buy fake. And you or others are looking for real items, do have to be careful. If anything gone wrong, one can file an complain with Ebay to resolve the problem.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:34 AM

Retro Silouette

IS_retro_silouette_2_37.jpg

IS_retro_silouette_1_37.jpg
Old 10-12-2012, 12:34 PM

Default is it....

Effectively on ebay and outher sites the fqkes are very convincing and we are being had but on the outhes hand if the suit shown looks good and once you received it its is of a reasonnable quality then thats ok with me after all these suits are generally cheaper.
On the outher hand be casreful most pictures of suits or of guys in them ether on ebay or any outher site of firms that sell suits you will notice that once you received the suit its doesnt look as good as it did in the4 picture.
Some sellers are or have very good photographers to take pictures and can by ways of lightning etc make the pic of the suit look good after all there there to sell...and can make the pictture of tyhe suit very appealing .
sorry for my misspellings (frenchy from Quebec)
Old 10-13-2012, 12:46 AM

Default caveat emptor

"Expect the best but prepare for the worst"