Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2023, 09:21 AM
Speedo Member

Default Pools , changing rooms , new or familiar?

My question is this …. Do you prefer going to your familiar venue or do you like the unfamiliarity of a venue . I kind of like both when wearing a small bikini . Naturally on home ground you have that comfort zone feel but even there I like it when I’ve got to round a corner or emerge into the pool wearing the briefest of acceptable styles . I love it going to a new venue to . I went to a Turkish the other day and there were changing cubicles which is new to me . Nice to sort of emerge and have to fumble with a locker . Then down a corridor to the Turkish area , and once inside standing talking wearing my Snyder with someone asking about the various rooms etc . All part of it for me !
Old 01-19-2023, 05:15 PM

At your local swimming pool you will be seeing a core of regulars and lifeguards on a weekly basis and get to know them by sight possibly even talking with some of them. You may see people you know either friends, relatives or people at work. If you wear anything too extreme you'll be remembered and possibly be asked to leave.
At a swimming pool away from home you'll be among strangers, you'll know no one and no one will know you. If you get asked to leave it's no great loss as you never planned to go back there anyway so you can be a little more daring.
This is why people tend to be far more daring on holiday. I've been to a lot of campsites in France, some have their own swimming pools and other's are close to beaches. People tend to arrive at campsites in traveling clothes, jeans or long shorts, they remain like this on the first day. On the second day they'll get up and put on shorter shorts and wear speedos in the pool. On the third day they'll get changed into speedos in their own tents and walk around the campsite in speedos and not bother getting changed back into shorts when they get back.
Once everyone is walking about in speedos no one is going to notice you in a bikini,and of course you'll be comfortable wearing a thong on the beach.

A lot of men say they'd love to go to a gay sauna or nude beach but are afraid they might meet someone they know. At the moment you recognise someone they also recognise you, you can't tell anyone about them without admitting you were there and neither can they. You'll either say hello and hang out with them or you'll avoid them like the plague, it doesn't matter either way. Never stay at home because someone might know you when you're doing something legal.
Old 01-19-2023, 05:37 PM

I always liked the look and feel of tight flat-front suits since I was a kid. Since there is no big bulge, I can wear the tiniest bikini suit on the beach and no one cares. I did get a complaint about the rear view of a g-string from someone sitting on a towel, so now I wear T-back thongs which look nicer. Occasionally someone will ask to pose with me for a selfie, which is nice. Bears rule!

Last edited by BikenSwim : 01-19-2023 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:34 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
At your local swimming pool you will be seeing a core of regulars and lifeguards on a weekly basis and get to know them by sight possibly even talking with some of them. You may see people you know either friends, relatives or people at work. If you wear anything too extreme you'll be remembered and possibly be asked to leave.
At a swimming pool away from home you'll be among strangers, you'll know no one and no one will know you. If you get asked to leave it's no great loss as you never planned to go back there anyway so you can be a little more daring.
This is why people tend to be far more daring on holiday. I've been to a lot of campsites in France, some have their own swimming pools and other's are close to beaches. People tend to arrive at campsites in traveling clothes, jeans or long shorts, they remain like this on the first day. On the second day they'll get up and put on shorter shorts and wear speedos in the pool. On the third day they'll get changed into speedos in their own tents and walk around the campsite in speedos and not bother getting changed back into shorts when they get back.
Once everyone is walking about in speedos no one is going to notice you in a bikini,and of course you'll be comfortable wearing a thong on the beach.

A lot of men say they'd love to go to a gay sauna or nude beach but are afraid they might meet someone they know. At the moment you recognise someone they also recognise you, you can't tell anyone about them without admitting you were there and neither can they. You'll either say hello and hang out with them or you'll avoid them like the plague, it doesn't matter either way. Never stay at home because someone might know you when you're doing something legal.
Well gay saunas is not me as I’m straight . But I enjoy naturist beaches , but wear just briefer swimwear there . I’ve never been a fan of the g string and so a thing back is always the smallest I will wear . I like small swimwear but don’t push things beyond good taste in my hotel pool. The smallest thing I have swim in was in a municipal pool in a Snyder clip bikini and once in a Newcastle hotel pool . Neither time elicited any response . But I think that is a bit tiny for me these days . I prefer bikinis where the odd person may think … that’s small … does he really realise it’s that small ?
Old 01-19-2023, 06:36 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikenSwim
I always liked the look and feel of tight flat-front suits since I was a kid. Since there is no big bulge, I can wear the tiniest bikini suit on the beach and no one cares. I did get a complaint about the rear view of a g-string from someone sitting on a towel, so now I wear T-back thongs which look nicer. Occasionally someone will ask to pose with me for a selfie, which is nice. Bears rule!
Yeah , I don’t like a massive bulge either … it’s ok but I quite like things looking flattish and I like the feel of a really tight bikini or thong
Old 02-02-2023, 06:46 AM

I guess I fall into the category of not pushing boundaries, both at my local pool and unfamiliar ones. As said in another post, my preference is for a kiniki André or Joe snyder basic bikini. However while abroad on business some years ago, I did push myself into wearing a Dore 1cm white bikini in a hotel in the Netherlands, where I ultimately went naked and a string side navy Dore bikini in a hotel in Romania. My preference is for a front seamed suit or with a dart as I like a bit of freedom and bulge just to show that I actually have something there..