Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2014, 07:11 PM

Byron, wow, just new to this thread and I'm way impressed with the pictures you posted throughout, as well as turning me on to yet another Australian manufacture of hot swimwear! You're a wellspring of knowledge (and hot tumbler pictures!)

As far as the original post, I think the two gents in their wider side seamed suits look perfectly hot. Sometimes it's nice to show a little less skin! Depending on the guy's definition, his butt or abs, it could even be a more flattering cut. My boyfriend doesn't really think he looks good in anything with less than a 2" side seam. He finds it cuts him weird across the back. The larger side seam hits him at his narrowest spot and makes him look leaner. So there is that!
Old 01-02-2014, 08:35 PM

Default seams

Yes, the little differences can make a big difference and although it is worth the occasional experimentation I am sure many members will know what suits them best and decide they are happier with their favorite xxxxx.
I would think for example that there are not many fans of sungas on the forum but a Brazilian guy on the beach with the right body and just the right cut of his suit can look stunning.
As for pics., often difficult to find something a little out of the ordinary. There are millions out there for all to see but I would like all those contributors not to do so much reblogging (I end up saying "seen that" so often I sound like a parrot*).

*(off topic): I was always surprised that the Monty Python series went down quite well in the US so does anyone remember the parrot sketch? (the deceased Norwegian Blue with beautiful plumage)
Old 01-02-2014, 08:52 PM

Yeah, you do sort of find your favorites, eh? Although I like just about anything. Still, I definitely prefer a full cut back or a thong. Just not sure my bum is muscled enough to pull off those odd angles that cut directly across the cheeks or slightly above or blah, blah, blah. So many options!

Right now it seems Andrew Christian is a huge rage in gay America. It seems most of the 20somethings own at least one pair!
Personally, I don't like how it toucans one's anatomy in the front. Maybe I'm more a purist and like a classic, streamlined, athletic bulge. (For myself, of course. If a gent is sporting a toucan in the front, I'll still look!)

Unfortunately I don't remember the parrot sketch. Although I can't hear the word "shrubbery" without thinking of MP.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:39 PM

Default Mad Pythons

LOL - even score there - I have just had to acquaint myself with the knights and shrubbery sketch.
Btw, AC has plenty of promo. vids. on YouTube (the production costs of which some say are reflected in the prices of their speedos)
Old 01-03-2014, 12:25 AM

Yes, the AC vids... Oh, those are fun. Silly. Sexy. And yeah, probably because of the high production value the cost of the underwear and swimwear goes up, up, up, much like the bulge boosters in the front of the products. Up, up and up!

I do have one AC swimsuit and I do actually like it a lot. I don't believe the side seam to exceed 2". I had purchased 2 others from Amazon. They were both under $20, which seemed pretty reasonable. But alas, they looked silly on me. Very silly.

Here's the one I kept:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg purple AC (Smaller).JPG (39.7 KB, 60 views)
Old 01-03-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afewgoodmen
There ought to be a law against hot guys wearing speedos with sideseams greater than 1.55"

It totally distorts there image! Less fabric == better/sexier!

Its not the suit that makes the suit sexy -- its the man wearing it. Don't tell me you've never seen a guy in board shorts that were riding so low pubes were showing you thought how sexy he was. May a little imagination creates sexy.

I like 2-3" because they have need to be pulled out of my but crack all the time. Those 1" suits too often turn into uncomfortable thongs
Old 01-21-2014, 11:28 PM
Speedo Member

It's 1/2 inch maximum for me. A string suits me best of all.