Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 10:46 AM

Default More nostalgia

Off topic from "speedo friendly beach list" but prompted by Byron's trip down nostalgia lane. During the 1970's, 2 print sources I used to look forward to where I could catch glimpses of men in what I thought were very brief (and very attractive) swimwear: 1st, the Sunday New York Times Travel Section, and its advertisements for Caribbean vacations, and 2nd, the occasional shot of European competitive swimmers, especially (as I recollect) the East German teams. Does anyone have a stash of these to share? Were the suits as brief as I remember them, or is my mind playing tricks on me?
Old 09-11-2013, 01:29 PM

Default collections

Yes, they were and good pics could often be found in the free holiday brochures sent by travel operators.
I had quite a stash - unfortunately all binned many years ago as I grew up.
DDR swimmers were certainly good - but too good ( doping scandal, 1976 Montreal Olympics).
Old 09-11-2013, 01:45 PM

Default PS

As I mentioned NJH I will slot this in also to bring us more up to date - but must ask him for beach location as I suspect not NJ this time (btw, against what was Gunnison so fortified?)
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2249/2...18cd8f9b0f.jpg
Old 09-11-2013, 11:54 PM

Default At Eze

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6023/...577d853fea.jpg

Head hammock from 1963 - can we assume this essential beach accessory never got far ?
Old 09-12-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron
As I mentioned NJH I will slot this in also to bring us more up to date - but must ask him for beach location as I suspect not NJ this time (btw, against what was Gunnison so fortified?)
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2249/2...18cd8f9b0f.jpg
It was Laurence Harbor beach, NJ. Located in the inner bay, not facing the Atlantic Ocean. The land in the background was Staten Island, NY. There were pollution problem in the water in recent year, so swimming is not longer allow. Sunning is OK. And further troubled with erosion caused by Hurricane Sandy.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:00 AM

Default Thanks...

....never a dull moment over there - the boardwalk also wrecked by a few
hurricanes in the past I believe.
I have now learned a few things - the battery was established for the defence of New York harbor and subsequently became Fort Hancock (what is in the pics
might be one of the famous or infamous disappearing guns but is perhaps rather too modern for that ).
Interesting that the only nudist beach now remains because Gunnison Beach
is federal land and local ordnances to require clothing cannot be imposed it seems.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:56 PM

wouldn't it be more prudent to post speedo Unfriendly beaches? I have never seen or heard of a beach that speedos were unwelcome.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:55 PM

Default definition

Good point - I have never quite understood the "friendly" discussion as the enjoyability or otherwise of some beaches seems to fluctuate between local decency bye-laws and rude remarks from other beach-goers - or a combination of both.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:35 AM

Default on the beach

The Italian guys certainly seem to have no problem and know just what they
want to wear.
Take your pick - video 1 here and 37 more to select:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNyEs...dWKjgy5dz8MlIw
Old 06-23-2015, 10:31 PM
Speedo Member

Bumping this -- anyone have any updates?

I'm thinking about visiting the NYC area around Labor Day and was trying to find gay beaches in the area, since I'm gay and I figure those are the ones that are most friendly towards Speedos. I found info about The Pines on Fire Island, but the pics online seem to be of mostly fit guys in Speedos. Being more bear-y myself, I was wondering if anyone knew of any bear friendly beaches in the area, or if I should just brave it and sport my speedo along with all the other guys?