Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2016, 10:20 PM

Default Is It Possible To.......

iS IT POSSIBLE TO TRANSFORM A THREE INCH SIDE SPEEDO INTO A TWO INCH SIDE ONE, I GUESS THE ONLY WAY WOULD BE TO LOWER THE PART WERE THE CORD IS BUT CAN IT BE DONE.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:33 PM

Yes but it would be easier to buy a 2" Speedo or to make a 2" suit from scratch.
Lowering the waist by an inch will make the Speedos very low cut and look wrong.
The whole suit would have to be redesigned, the waist and leg elastic replaced and any errors would ruin the whole project.
So please don't bother.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:44 PM

Default Is It Posible

Oh Darn Oh Will Thanks Anyway (ops I Should Of Added An Extra S In The Title)
Old 05-08-2016, 10:56 PM

Default is it possibe, (JUST ANOTHER THING)

The reason asked this is because I came across a very solid LUSTRE FLEX ONE.
TO SEE IT BROWS OR EBAY - NWT SPEEDO SZ.34 BLACK LUSTRE (or luster) FLEX SWIM RACER POLYESTER FRONT LINES.
ITS A THREE INCH SIDE ANYWAY IT LOOKS LIKE IT, IF IT WAS POSSIBLE TO LOWER IT TO A TWO INCHES SIDES I WOULD OF PURCHASED IT.
TO BAD. HOPE YOU
SEE IT ITS VERY NICE.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:09 PM

Default is it possible to....

To Torchwatch and to whom it may concern to see the suit go to ebay and compose in the search bar- speedo sz 34 black lustre flex swim racing brief 100 polyester.
the suit I would of liked to lower it to a two inch sides.
Notice its worth the money but the shipping charges are extravagant oh well I would of loved to wear such a suit. but since Iv bene introduced to two inches sides I kind of lost interest in three inches sides.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:01 AM

Is these them : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NWT-Speedo...AOSwEK9W~z5 Q ?

They are 1970's style 3" nylon Speedos. This was my first pair of Speedos in a size 32", but I soon progressed to a 2" style and then from nylon to Lycra.
$30US + postage (postage to UK is $23US) seems prohibitively expensive unless you want this swim brief for historic collection reasons.

I think the shininess that you are seeking comes from wet look Lycra, polyamide that used to be used in waterpolo suits and from PU Lycra.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:55 AM

Default the speedo on ebay

Yes Torchwatch those are it.
Thanks for the info always glad to learn things, so that wa syour first speedo wow you must have looked good in those and must of bene proud to have them on, yes the suit has a reasonable price but the postage is extravagant anyway i contacted the seller to tell him that I would be willing to buy it as long as he would consent to ship it via USPS TO ME IT WOULD BE MUCH CHEAPER THAT WAY STILL EXPECTING HIS RESPONSE.
BTW your description wet look lycra polyamide sounded to be a proper desc.... for the suit as a matter of fact I am going to google to learn something about that if possible. Darn me who like speedo made with shiny material they seem to be so hard to find these days . Anyway Im considering anyway to buy it have to think it over the ship cost is so expensive.
Oh by the way go to google type in the search bar speedoforum.org index page that will take you to a list scrool down until you get to team GB Rio 2016 kit tyou will see a full page of Tom Daley wearing the Adidas british dive team suit tell me what you yhink about it and notice that it is sead thay the will be available to buy first May.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:31 PM

Default The Shiny Ebay Speedo Suit

Torchwatch, I did some research on as you sead wet lycra polyamide suits and found out that the material can be purchased from many companies, thanks for telling me about this to bad speedo makers do not make such speedos anymore