Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2014, 12:11 PM

Default ".....and who is in it"

Welcome new member yesterday. Picked up on HP Lido and long time no visit. Became rather run-down and disappointing there - have things perked up a lot now on the eye-candy front? (and rear)
(sounds as if it might - are more young foreign tourists improving the landscape?)
Old 04-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron
Welcome new member yesterday. Picked up on HP Lido and long time no visit. Became rather run-down and disappointing there - have things perked up a lot now on the eye-candy front? (and rear)
(sounds as if it might - are more young foreign tourists improving the landscape?)

Gotta admit I didn't make it there last summer, work commitments kept me very busy for the few months that it is open, the year before I got down there a few times and it was OK, it's not the best lido in the world but on the occasions I did go there was certainly some VERY pleasant views. 4 Russian young ladies on one occasion defiantly made the trip worth while!!!! Wicked Weasels were the order of the day, and I mean the REALLY small ones!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbunz1969
At Hyde Park lido I never wear more than a thong and if others around me are also wearing them I wear some pretty small ones, well TINY actually.
Really? On a trip to London last year I swam there too. I wore my briefs which I thought was daring enough, being in the midst of a public park. I do own a thong/G-string swimsuit. Only once have I swam in it when I was staying in a very quiet hotel in Phuket*. It was a great feeling, but then why wouldn't it be? We take a shower/bath naked - it's just logical.

* on arrival back at Newcastle airport from that trip a customs office searched through my luggage and picked up my G-string. God I was so embarrassed!!!

Last edited by Bede735 : 04-04-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbunz1969
Gotta admit I didn't make it there last summer, work commitments kept me very busy for the few months that it is open, the year before I got down there a few times and it was OK, it's not the best lido in the world but on the occasions I did go there was certainly some VERY pleasant views. 4 Russian young ladies on one occasion defiantly made the trip worth while!!!! Wicked Weasels were the order of the day, and I mean the REALLY small ones!
It was really boring when I went there. I think some people must have been put off by some e.coli which was supposed to be present in the water (got a reduced admission price, though). Couple of women in the standard one-piece suit and an old bloke wearing a full wet-suit. I felt naked in my 2 inch side Speedos!
Old 04-05-2014, 03:36 AM

Smile serpentine lido

Well, I guess you could always come back to enjoy the Christmas Day annual tradition - and NO boardies ! (ok - there's always one - guy near the end of the line-up spoils it here):
http://www.london24.com/polopoly_fs/.../886643617.jpg
Old 04-05-2014, 06:55 AM

Default those were the days (2)

Vintage swimmers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke-vdLu91pE
Obviously high waists the rule of the times but surprisingly a couple of quite daring ensembles shown on the beach.

Last edited by Byron : 04-05-2014 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Speedo Member

Default HP Lido

Really sad to hear thing must have changed down there, HP Lido was always known for its tolerance of briefer attire, even though it was in the middle of the park, that's why I used to go! I be sure to visit this year and check it out. By the sound of things I best take a variety of suits to cover all options!
Old 07-12-2015, 08:47 PM

Thought I would have a revisit.

I think you can wear anything you want as long as it's not a thong. So as long as it's full coverage at the rear (and the front) it doesn't matter if your briefs had one inch sides or less- though I've never seen any men try that. Obviously with the women it's quite common.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:01 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
Thought I would have a revisit.

I think you can wear anything you want as long as it's not a thong. So as long as it's full coverage at the rear (and the front) it doesn't matter if your briefs had one inch sides or less- though I've never seen any men try that. Obviously with the women it's quite common.

Bede,

I tend to agree. I haven't worn anything less than 1.5 only because I don't have any 1" suits - maybe I should get one. The other day while swimming laps at the Y there was a young woman swimming laps pretty vigorously while wearing a string bikini. I've only seen that one other time, last summer at the Y in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. I was wearing my classic AB 1.5 but I've been thinking I could be fine with a 1".

You've mentioned several times your black Hom brief. Is that a 1" or 1.5"? You've said that you like it alot - I'm thinking about it.

D67

Last edited by Dooley67 : 07-13-2015 at 12:59 AM.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:33 PM

It's 1.5" inch.
Also, it's quick thick so you don't have to worry about any sheer factor. I think I might purchase a navy blue suit as well.