Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Speedo Member

Default Speedo Friendly Beach List

While many of us are sitting around waiting for the warm weather to get here, why don't we start a list of good speedo beaches. I'll start.

Long Island, NY
Jones Beach. The east end is a great speedo friendly beach. Drive or use mass transit. Head for Parking Field 6 (fee $10.) and head east for about a half mile. The crowd thins out and the beach is beautiful.

LIT
Old 03-05-2013, 01:32 PM

Black's Beach in San Diego. The glider port trail is the safest trail but be careful there, too! Ends on the straight end of the beach, the gay end is about a half mile walk north up the beach. Its a rather natural beach, waves and rip tides can be dangerous there. Shuffle your feet on the bottom to minimize stingray problems. Its best to keep your feet off the bottom, to start swimming as soon as you can, stingrays breed there in the summer. Its real scenic at the base of 300 ft. cliffs. in Balboa Park south of the prado there is a speedo friendly gay area too.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:50 AM
Speedo Member

Thanks for your reply and addition. I tryed this to see if it would wake up this site but it appears nothing is going to help. It's a waste of time even checking it to see if there is any activity. I'm just about ready to pack it in.
Thanks for your effort.
LIT
Old 03-09-2013, 01:41 AM

Osterman beach, at the south end of the beach is an absolute speedo haven! In years past, one could go with a thong or g-string, if they wanted to go smaller than a speedo.

Personally I'm a fan of any quiet beach along the Lake Michigan lakeshore. They can be speedo friendly if you want it to be.

LIT, hang in there, summer will bring back some guys to the board.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:18 AM

Default Ogunquit Maine and Hatteras Island, NC

Agree, Epic, Lake MI has awesome beaches and the lake is incredible. Silver Dunes is too die for. As to fav beaches...Ogunquit, Maine and Hatteras Island on the Outer Banks are great beaches for totally different reasons. Ogunquit is an amazing Maine beach with a very open attitude, Hatteras is full of long stretches of private beach space and great for long morning runs.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:00 AM

Default I want to go soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumu
Black's Beach in San Diego. The glider port trail is the safest trail but be careful there, too! Ends on the straight end of the beach, the gay end is about a half mile walk north up the beach. Its a rather natural beach, waves and rip tides can be dangerous there. Shuffle your feet on the bottom to minimize stingray problems. Its best to keep your feet off the bottom, to start swimming as soon as you can, stingrays breed there in the summer. Its real scenic at the base of 300 ft. cliffs. in Balboa Park south of the prado there is a speedo friendly gay area too.

How's the crown down there? Am I expecting to see a lot of older gay men ogling at other guys or is it super fit younger guys that make me feel inadequate, lol? How prevalent are speedos? I really would like a speedo tan, but I don't want to be over-dressed.

I am so down to go, but I just haven't found the time. At the back of my head I also want to lose some weight and tone myself up a bit. So, I've put off going for another month.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:16 AM

The older gay guys will be ogling the super fit young guys.
Since you do not aspire to being super fit you will be ignored.
Of course, watching the older gay guys ogling the super fit young guys will make you jealous of the unwanted attention they receive.
Wearing your speedos and being ignored on a beach seething with unrequited sexual tension may be slightly perturbing, so get yourself fit and slim enough to be noticed but not constantly followed about by wayward eyes.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:59 PM

Thought I'd try to resurrect this thread.

Eagle Beach in Aruba. Probably speedo to square cut to boardies ratio of 1:4:25. .but...no one paid any attention to me in my speedo at all regardless or age or what they were wearing.

I can also attest that Brighton Beach in Brooklyn, NY is speedo friendly. Those flickr pics are pretty old, but I was there in 2014 and even the lifeguards wore orange sunga-type speedos. Speedo ratio was probably 1:15 or so.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:20 PM

Default All the time

I haven't worn board shorts in about 3 years, I'm from Rhode Island, which has lots of beaches
Old 03-09-2013, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIsland Tom
While many of us are sitting around waiting for the warm weather to get here, why don't we start a list of good speedo beaches. I'll start.

Long Island, NY
Jones Beach. The east end is a great speedo friendly beach. Drive or use mass transit. Head for Parking Field 6 (fee $10.) and head east for about a half mile. The crowd thins out and the beach is beautiful.

LIT

Thanks for the tip! I'm new to the NYC area and have only been out to Fire Island beaches before, which are also speedo friendly in The Pines and Cherry Grove especially (though I haven't been able to find much info on how they fared during Sandy.) Worried about the beautiful homes, boardwalks and beaches themselves...

but I'll definitely have to check out Jones Beach this summer!