Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2015, 04:26 PM

Thong swimwear normally have a triangular piece of cloth in the rear that fully covers the top of the butt-crack, but then the rest of the strap or cord often hides between the glutes, so the butt crack farther down does not show.

But many of the Asian style swim briefs are made with a low-slung cut that leaves the very top of the butt crack exposed, but then hide what would normally be exposed with a thong farther down.

In the US, the acceptability of either style for wear at the pool or beach really relates to whether or not one or the other of these is ok. As in briefs are considered acceptable but thongs are not. For awhile in the US, the Thongs almost achieved a general degree acceptability, but now seemingly not.

Meanwhile, the Asians seem to love the swim briefs that expose the top of the butt crack I am wondering if this is starting in the US as well. My Sporti Euros expose a little butt crack esp if undersized just a touch.

Sebbie
Old 10-29-2015, 06:25 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
Something like these perhaps

Thanks, Torchwatch! Nice suits!

Now we just need jaberwock to let us know a little more detail as the the kind of slippage to which he is referring.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbie
Thong swimwear normally have a triangular piece of cloth in the rear that fully covers the top of the butt-crack, but then the rest of the strap or cord often hides between the glutes, so the butt crack farther down does not show.

But many of the Asian style swim briefs are made with a low-slung cut that leaves the very top of the butt crack exposed, but then hide what would normally be exposed with a thong farther down.

In the US, the acceptability of either style for wear at the pool or beach really relates to whether or not one or the other of these is ok. As in briefs are considered acceptable but thongs are not. For awhile in the US, the Thongs almost achieved a general degree acceptability, but now seemingly not.

Meanwhile, the Asians seem to love the swim briefs that expose the top of the butt crack I am wondering if this is starting in the US as well. My Sporti Euros expose a little butt crack esp if undersized just a touch.

Sebbie

I think that you will find that the ass out suits we see for sale are not as popular with the general population as you may think. It seems that only teens in limited areas wear them. In my travels to the Orient I have never seen one being worn.
As far as the US picking up on that idea of a suit that looks like it is too small and falling off -- I sincerely doubt it will ever show up out of the backyard pools. It is obviously just for show or sunning. To dive into a pool with that gaping space to catch the water would have you constantly pulling the suit back on.
I am guessing one reason that the thongs did not become as popular as some may have hoped is because of the people that wore them. Lets face it, you need to have a tight firm ass to wear one and too many did not. Another reason is the people that wore them did not think. I was managing a hotel a few years back when a woman came into the pool area with a thong on. She looked good in it and she turned a lot of heads. She strolled over to a lounge that was in full view of the hotel's dining room. Guys were enjoying the show until she bent over. On display for the entire dining room (most of which were grossed out) was her entire unshaven ass. Here was her bright yellow thong with dark hairs poking out all around it. I sent out a female manager to talk to her and suggest she get a wax at the salon or a less revealing suit in the gift shop. Unfortunately she wasn't the only guest we had to discuss the problem with (males and females) It seems that no one thought that they were going to be in more than one position than standing up. There are also a lot of family hotels and beaches that the thongs are not permitted.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Jammer
The vision I had is that jaberwock is referring to slipping out the bottom, through one of the legs?? Since squarecuts may not have a snug leg opening like on a racer cut?

Tropical-Squarecuts-3 by C J, on Flickr

I know I do not have a potential problem of slipping out anywhere. There's not enough there to slip.

But I have heard that the waterslides do a number on your backside, and either in squarecuts or racer cut suits, you will end up with quite a wedgie.

yep that's exactly what i mean ... through the leg holes is where the slippage occurs.