Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2014, 05:38 PM

Default Even the underwear's becoming longer

I must confess I always wear briefs, because I just find that comfortable. However, I was in a high street store today and virtually all of the men's' underwear were garments coming down close to the knee.

Now who wants to wear a pair of shorts under your trousers? It can't be an issue of modesty as it is underwear. Unless.... you get knocked down by a car, break your leg and the paramedics have to cut off your trousers. You'd obviously feel a lot more comfortable knowing that you weren't exposing your bare thighs!
Old 05-26-2014, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Even the underwear....

I can't imagine wearing underwear down to my knees. I have always worn briefs and bikinis because they are far more comfortable than boxers which let everything loose. I wear boxers for sleeping, again for comfort.

Dooley67
Old 05-26-2014, 09:33 PM

Default Y-fronts?

A faint voice from the past - these have long done the intended job well - what put them out of fashion?
Old 05-27-2014, 03:35 AM

I bought a package of "jammer" style underwear at a store that was going out of business and they were on a 1/2 off sale.

I don't like the feel of them, but they are underwear and don't fit tight. However it was a lesson for me to NOT buy real jammers.

Right now, all the men's shorts are the usual half pants and with the style predetermined, there's no choice.

However, I'm emailing many of the retailers urging them to bring short shorts back to the market and let the customer decide.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:27 AM

A few years ago I was running in rather short running shorts, passing a group of schoolboys one of them pointed at me and said that his underwear was longer than my shorts. I have wondered why he needs long underwear, if you wear long underwear you then need long shorts to cover them or the underwear hangs out looking awful.
I can understand how in winter or if one works in a freezer then thermal underwear may be needed, but in spring and summer this seems irrational. Allowing the testes to overheat reduces virility, so why deliberately trap heat in this area in warm weather.
Under normal conditions the function of underwear is to absorb all those drips and scrapes that are part of being human and so keep our outer wear clean for longer, although well designed underwear can give support and shape for that part of the body this is not essential.
Looking at cam4.com from time to time I would say that brief underwear is actually returning, and with brief underwear hopefully brief swimwear.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:32 PM

I guess it's up to me to act as the loyal opposition.
After a lifetime of wearing briefs and bikinis, I switched to boxer briefs a few years ago. Some are ugly, saggy, and baggy, but high end microfiber boxer briefs like the Calvin Klein "bold" are friction-free, with excellent support & comfort, and handle hot days well.

But that's just my underwear. For swimming, Speedos forever!
Old 05-28-2014, 02:55 AM

Default Agree

I am with Lapcounter. Sometimes I like the longer cuts and the microfiber athletics styles are really comfy and they stay true to fit. Variety is fun...
Old 06-01-2014, 02:10 AM

Ive noticed it too and it is driving me nuts. I cant find any good underwear in socal in stores anymore. Most undies now are boxer breifs or hanes original and if you go o a specialty shop you'll pay $40 a pair and it will still be rigid cotton with a thick waistband. I personally think boxer breifs fit much better than other widely available cuts (tighty whighteys and boxers) but having worn bikinis they are a good step down. They retain heat and sweat more, your balls still stick to your leg, and they sometimes crease in weird ways. (They rarely do chafe tho)
Old 06-01-2014, 06:55 PM

As I said in an earlier post I have always preferred briefs and have had very good luck with "day of the week" (just because I got a kick out of the variety of colors of the waistband and trim) bikini briefs from Aussiebum that are part cotton and part elasticine. They have a 1" waistband and hold their shape very well. They are so light it feels like I'm not wearing anything. I've also had good luck with cin2 no show briefs that also hold their shape but are a bit heavier. I've tried boxers and have never felt comfortable in them.

D67
Old 08-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
Now who wants to wear a pair of shorts under your trousers? It can't be an issue of modesty as it is underwear. Unless.... you get knocked down by a car, break your leg and the paramedics have to cut off your trousers. You'd obviously feel a lot more comfortable knowing that you weren't exposing your bare thighs!

Bare thighs, holly Mackerel, you'll be charged for being nude in public at a accident scene

Thighs are not indecent, we all have them, well the last time I looked I'm sure we all had them

In serious accidents most of your clothes are ripped off anyway and there really is no time to for a paramedic to be wondering what you wear and they could not care less, in fact if you wear nothing but you would be making their job a lot easier