Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2021, 07:25 PM

Default Female attitudes, or lack of, about speedos

I know this was covered, to some degree, already. But, here's my take. In my opinion, if you take a female in form fitting jeans and a tucked in shirt, and put her in a bikini, the only major difference is seeing more skin. The overall shape remains the same, just more defined. Take a guy in pants and a tucked in shirt, and the crotch area is generally flat, and non descript. Put him in speedos and suddenly you not only see a clear bulge, but you see definite outlines of that area that are not usually seen. So, it is my "opinion" that women in bikinis is not the same as guys in speedos. So, for me, the fact that guys wear these tiny, revealing speedos on even high school and college swim teams, says that females...especially at that age of raging hormones, are basically oblivious to seeing guys in something so revealing. So, on one hand, it's a thrill to wear speedos, but on the other, on some level its very apparent to me that we can basically be in tiny, revealing underwear in front of females and they just don't care. In other words, a massive double standard exists where females can wear skimpy bikinis and even the cleanest cut of guys notices, but guys can wear what is basically lycra bikini underwear, and the very fact that it's allowed in high schools and colleges says it's no big deal because it's obviously not at all sexual to women.
Just look at any swim team photos, and you see guys parading around in utterly revealing swimsuits in front of female timekeepers, teammates and those in the bleachers. I guess I'm just always amazed that it's not considered more sexual than it is.....especially at ages where hormones are supposedly raging. I remember talking about speedos with a friend of mine in college (she was 18, and a swimmer), and she said "eh, no big deal". So, first I became convinced that females are indifferent to guys wearing something as revealing as speedos. But then come the other "attitudes". Indifference is the biggest. But beyond that, there are those females who find speedos gross, or hysterically funny. A girl (swimmer, then 18) I actually dated in college once confessed, when I steered the conversation around guys wearing speedos, that she and her female teammates secretly laughed at the guys on their team wearing them, no matter how in shape they were. I already figured she was in the "indifferent" category, but this shocked me. Switch channels to a YM magazine that came across my radar at some point, featuring an article on the old movie, Swimfan. The author was female. To paraphrase, at one point she wrote, "...it was the one day of filming where guys weren't in their speedos (don't get grossed out, girls, it's for their roles)". Here an author felt she had to apologize for even mentioning speedos to a young female audience. And I could give dozens of examples of comments like this, from females, be they from conversations I overheard, comments I've seen online, and comments I've read in articles. And, as "sort" of an aside, did you ever notice that when you see an accidental groin hit on any video clips comedy show, watch the females in the background. Even if the female is the one who accidentally hit a ball (or whatever) to a guy's groin, it's always an immense cause for an abrupt roar of laughter from them when it happens. Some say it's a reaction of embarrassment. But, in the context of their attitudes on speedos, and given that these clips include women of all ages...who, no matter how hard the guy got it, cover their mouths with uncontrollable laughter, I'm convinced they also find our sexuality funny.
I could write a book on this, but it is my opinion that women are largely oblivious to even the cutest, most in shape guys in speedos (specifically oblivious to the bulge), and those who are not oblivious are disgusted by speedos, or think they are just the funniest thing , ever. All of my opinions are predicated on the assumption that we're talking about in shape guys, mostly on teams, and not arrogant, "hey baby" types.
They say women just aren't as visual. I think that's very unfortunate. I could explain my point with far more examples, and such. But I'll quit, here.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:26 PM

Default paper on the topic

I wrote a long paper on this subject some years back. I think you shoulld be able to read it by following the link below
https://web.archive.org/web/20190511...speedowear.htm
Old 09-20-2021, 03:49 PM

This could very easily go off-topic pretty rapidly but I'll try to avoid digressing! This is something I've read a lot about over the years. The first point is - if anyone thinks they've figured out how women are wired they're very much mistaken - that's impossible. Even women don't know that! The second is this - not all women who go to watch male strippers are all sitting there damp. Their reasons for going are multifold - some see it as a form of inflicting humiliation on the stripper (even if he interprets it as as an act of worship and ego massage), some go to show their peers that they're "in with the crowd" (how many solo women go to the shows?), and some go because they are genuinely turned on (though in my experience the more highly-sexed a women is the harder she is to live with). I think these are the smaller subset of all women, which is why most women's reaction to skimpy swimwear on guys is either negative or neutral. We men are simple creatures - we have an almost universal view of what the ideal women looks like, what we would do with her if we had the chance, etc. But in this regard, and I'm sorry to say this, but collectively-speaking women are all over the place. Very few are cock-hungry whores, good cooks and scintillating company. Perhaps that's a good thing as it keeps life interesting!
Old 09-20-2021, 08:34 PM

great points!
Old 09-23-2021, 07:14 PM
Speedo Member

In my experience, most women at the beach like to look at physically fit men in bikinis. Unlike men, most women try to be sneaky about taking a peek at the opposite sex. However, I have seen some women just blatantly stare at my crotch.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:08 PM

I think I've said this before somewhere on this forum; my wife and ex don't like my speedo, skimpy bikini skin suits. Both have the 'Peter Stringfellow' effect. Undetered I continue to wear my skimpy suits to my local university pool where no one seems to care. I've tried to modify the brevity by trying the Aussie 'Budgy Smuggler' make along with 'Oddballs' swimmers but both are too wide which is a shame as they have some amazing prints. For now I'll stick with my Kiniki 'Andre' style which I find skimpy enough to be acceptable, not by my wife unfortunately, and comfortable. To be honest I'm past caring. I'm going to take up wild swimming though will start will full wet suit with my kiniki beneath though. Of course I'll be forced to strip off on the beach or riverside to get changed and if my bikini is on show, oh dear. Having observed that the majority of wild swimmers seem to be women, then it will be interesting.
Old 12-24-2021, 01:37 PM

Way back in 1975 the Fall/Winter Sears Catalog, page 602. It showed two male models standing side by side, one of which was in briefs and the other in boxers. It wasn't the briefs that had an inappropriate clothing issue. I remember it was a conversational topic with women then. Even though what looked like a penis poking out was just a publication smudge.

https://groovyhistory.com/the-great-...oversy-of-1975

Last edited by Glenda : 12-24-2021 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolspeedo
I think I've said this before somewhere on this forum; my wife and ex don't like my speedo, skimpy bikini skin suits. Both have the 'Peter Stringfellow' effect. Undetered I continue to wear my skimpy suits to my local university pool where no one seems to care. I've tried to modify the brevity by trying the Aussie 'Budgy Smuggler' make along with 'Oddballs' swimmers but both are too wide which is a shame as they have some amazing prints. For now I'll stick with my Kiniki 'Andre' style which I find skimpy enough to be acceptable, not by my wife unfortunately, and comfortable. To be honest I'm past caring. I'm going to take up wild swimming though will start will full wet suit with my kiniki beneath though. Of course I'll be forced to strip off on the beach or riverside to get changed and if my bikini is on show, oh dear. Having observed that the majority of wild swimmers seem to be women, then it will be interesting.
This has been my experience too unfortunately …. They have been tolerated but no more but in my latest relationship actively discouraged . There are always exceptions but I think in the main women prefer their men to be mainstream . That’s not to say they won’t like inwardly a really attractive stranger walking past in a brief speedo . But I think when it comes to “their” men they prefer the norm . In my pool there are often girls in the skimpiest brief swimwear but the guys still are in their board shorts . Now that’s not to say that this will stop me wearing my briefish stuff to the pool . Nothing outlandish these days to the uk pool and a bit briefer abroad .
Old 02-26-2023, 05:03 PM

There appears to be an attitude amongst women to get the best looking and fittest man available and then keep him by fattening him up and making him appear unattractive to other women. A husband who swims in speedos is going to attract unmarried women, if the wife can't stop him from swimming she can at least force him to wear hideous baggy shorts with a cheap floral print design and offer him an extra slice of pie when he gets home.
Worse still a husband who is no longer getting it at home may become bi curious and earn the attention of other men. Such a husband will be forced to stay in at home, abstain from all sport and fitness activity and to wear only the most boring practical underwear.
Old 02-26-2023, 10:43 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
There appears to be an attitude amongst women to get the best looking and fittest man available and then keep him by fattening him up and making him appear unattractive to other women. A husband who swims in speedos is going to attract unmarried women, if the wife can't stop him from swimming she can at least force him to wear hideous baggy shorts with a cheap floral print design and offer him an extra slice of pie when he gets home.
Worse still a husband who is no longer getting it at home may become bi curious and earn the attention of other men. Such a husband will be forced to stay in at home, abstain from all sport and fitness activity and to wear only the most boring practical underwear.
Well I think it’s much simpler than that …. In general they just don’t like ‘em 😊